The Football Chat

Daniel

as always good to see liverpool lose ;-)

All I can say is this..enjoy it while you can.

Spurs had one good season, followed by a decent run in the Champions League.

However, the slide has begun. 5th place after aspirations of Champions League again.

After next season it will be back to domestic football and no Europe for more years.

If one thing is for sure, when Liverpool have a down season or two, they roar back.

Likewise, when Spurs have had a little success, they epically fail for seasons to come.

Roll on the new season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ppl seem to forget aside 1 season in the last what 6? spurs have been pushing for 4th, finishnig 5 a few times and 4th last year, its not like we are usually mid table and did it in one season like everton. spurs have been top half for some time. though I still feel the relegation battles and mid table mediocracy pain of the 90s. especially when ever stuart nethercot played, he was crap, he was like a defensive gomes.

spurs need to invest though, pool under daglish will be strong and city will spend cray big again bringing in all the mercs from around the world, will be tougher than ever to get top 4 for us both!

ppl seem to forget aside 1 season in the last what 6? spurs have been pushing for 4th, finishnig 5 a few times and 4th last year, its not like we are usually mid table and did it in one season like everton. spurs have been top half for some time. though I still feel the relegation battles and mid table mediocracy pain of the 90s. especially when ever stuart nethercot played, he was crap, he was like a defensive gomes.

spurs need to invest though, pool under daglish will be strong and city will spend cray big again bringing in all the mercs from around the world, will be tougher than ever to get top 4 for us both!

Man City cannot go crazy as they need to balance the books in time for the following season. Bad times ahead for people like that. Spurs, aside from last year, have always been so near yet so far. This season they jumped out of the big boys pool and back into the little boys pool. It is not about spending loads of money. Man City and Chelsea have proven that. It is about spending wisely.

Spurs will struggle next season. Guaranteed.

Now next weeknd - Barca all the way!!

With you there.

You 2 really need to get a room!! :D

And like you haven't joined in. A three way photo shot in the colours!!!

Whilst standing on a United top!!!

Now next weeknd - Barca all the way!!

With you there.

You 2 really need to get a room!! ;)

And like you haven't joined in. A three way photo shot in the colours!!!

Whilst standing on a United top!!!

Maybe we could get the 3 models at LFCC to join us!!!

its not like we are usually mid table and did it in one season like everton.

In the last 5 years we've finished 7th, 8th, 5th, 5th, and 6th. I don't think it's fair to describe us as usually mid table. And with yesterday's result we beat Chelsea twice this season! :blink:

In the last 5 years we've finished 7th, 8th, 5th, 5th, and 6th. I don't think it's fair to describe us as usually mid table. And with yesterday's result we beat Chelsea twice this season! :YAHOO:

my point exactly, we been up there pushing for some time, ppl seem to think we did well last season and this and thats it, we been pushing since martin jol really

United have finally cut their losses with Owen Hargreaves and will not be renewing his contract. This guy make Darren "Sicknote" Anderton look healthy!

On the upside, Torres still sucks at Chelsea!

And today Michael Owen showed his allegiance is to money and not the team he plays for. Having always praised Liverpool, and said very little about his time in Spain, Owen has said that this season's success tops anything he has done elsewhere in football.

So, it is official, Michael Owen is a mercenary and a judas.

lol

ive always liked owen, ive always hoped he got a game at utd and scored, was great seeing him score on sunday, good vintage owen that.

Ahh, how the mighty fall and the wannabes forget.

And today Michael Owen showed his allegiance is to money and not the team he plays for. Having always praised Liverpool, and said very little about his time in Spain, Owen has said that this season's success tops anything he has done elsewhere in football.

So, it is official, Michael Owen is a mercenary and a judas.

Tosh, dear boy, utter tosh!

Owen played one season in Spain. His team came second in the league, didn't even make the quarter-finals in the domestic cup or the Champions League. And 13 league goals as a striker put him 10th on the list. So, hardly much to talk about there.

So, what did he win with Liverpool? An FA Cup, a couple of League Cups and a UEFA Cup, basically, and a few other trinkets.

With Man U he's won the Premier League. The big competition, the season-long measure of the best team in the country. The very title that Liverpool fans bang on about all the time - even more so than the European Cup (although that might change now it's the major thing at which Liverpool outscore Man U :uhoh: ), and certainly more than any doemstic cup. Even you yourself have posted recently about Liverpool's wonderful list of league titles.

And now Owen's won it for the first time in his career. Yes, that very arguably is a career highlight. And doing it in a season when he's going to at least get a runners-up medal in the Champions League/European Cup - name me another season where he's had such success? A season where he's won the league and is going to be in either the first or second best team in Europe (by Cup result - I think overall Barca are the better team, but come Saturday night the result may not bear that out).

I'm sorry, but that for me easily out-trumps a season of the FA Cup, the second-tier European cup and the cooking lager cup. But that's because I'm not looking through spectacles tinted Kop end rose-red.

I'm happy to concede that the Liverpool team of the late 70s and early 80s were probably the greatest club side Britain has ever seen, but the Liverpool team that Owen played for were a pale shadow of that, and whilst the current Man U squad aren't the greatest, I'd say Owen has achieved greater success with them (albeit being less centrally involved) than he did with Liverpool.

But you miss the whole point of my post. It is Owen's attitude. He has made comments on social networking sites regarding Liverpool and not being loved there anymore, or cannot understand the reception he gets etc etc (something he also said about the Newcastle game). It is whole demeanor since joining United. He has made a bed of opening his mouth and not endearing himself to supporters who followed him. When he went to Spain he said he was going to a bigger club. When he came to Newcastle he said it was a dream move to play for such a big team. And then, when moving to United he amazingly said the same thing.

To me personally, he recognises the colour of money..not the shirt he wears. When his contract expires at United and he moves on...it will more than likely be an honour or a dream move.

Such a shame to see the real attitude of a player once idolised as wholesome and innocent.

But that's because I'm not looking through spectacles tinted Kop end rose-red.

In this case, neither am I. I am standing back and seeing his comments as a whole since departing Anfield. As I have stated just now, he seems to have quite a few dream moves!!!

In the last 5 years we've finished 7th, 8th, 5th, 5th, and 6th. I don't think it's fair to describe us as usually mid table. And with yesterday's result we beat Chelsea twice this season! :YAHOO:

my point exactly, we been up there pushing for some time, ppl seem to think we did well last season and this and thats it, we been pushing since martin jol really

You do realise I was referring to Everton's league postion, don't you?

In the last 5 years we've finished 7th, 8th, 5th, 5th, and 6th. I don't think it's fair to describe us as usually mid table. And with yesterday's result we beat Chelsea twice this season! :lol:

I obviously didnt read your facts very well lol, but my point still stands about spurs and ppl thinking top half of the table only occured last year.

everton 2 seasons 5th? surely not? lol. finishing 4th then the next season almost being relagated always sticks in my mind :angry:

Me team got relegated, but for some reason, I didnt really cry as much as I thought I would.... Though Villa fans were touting me, but I stung them back twice as hard..... (the thought I was from Liverpool, when me accent is Welsh, made me realise how stupid some Villa fans are xD) :D

I am optimistic about the Championship Season already. I just hope we dont lose Foster, Gardner, Zigic etc.... Martins (who scored the winner, at the Carling Cup Final) has gone back to his club, he was loaned from :P. The reason we were relegated, we just couldnt score goals.... we hadnt scored enough. Alex's formation at times were mind boggling, to be honest, the last game of season, I wouldntve done 4-5-1, I am not slating Alex, and I think he is a good manager, and I'll back him 110%, but his decisions are very mind boggling.

Edited by DarknessHayz

In the last 5 years we've finished 7th, 8th, 5th, 5th, and 6th. I don't think it's fair to describe us as usually mid table. And with yesterday's result we beat Chelsea twice this season! :D

I obviously didnt read your facts very well lol, but my point still stands about spurs and ppl thinking top half of the table only occured last year.

everton 2 seasons 5th? surely not? lol. finishing 4th then the next season almost being relagated always sticks in my mind :P

Almost relegated? We finished 11th that season!