The Football Chat

Daniel

Dear Mr Gomes

Your cheque is in the post

Love from

Stoke City FC Penalty Takers

Very good! - haven't seen the pens but knew Pavlychenko would miss - he really is shi%^

Think Gomes will be off in Jan

They haven't shown them on Sky, but the reaction of the commentators was priceless. He never got near a single one of them as he always went the other way. It sounded comedic!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I do love reading liverpool fans rants.

I saw MOTD so cant comment in detail on such matters of the entire game but the commentators and pundits all said spurs dominated from start to finish, though I guess it depends on how you define dominate.

reg less players. yes it has a big effect on a game, but sometimes the 10 man team play better than the 11, it happens alot. but it doesnt matter, like i said, I wish they had not been sent off.

but 3 out of the 4 were yellows, and adams could of been a straight red even without a yellow.

still if the reff had given you the offside (was it? i forget) goal, it might of been different.

tonight, cant speak for stoke as dont know there starting 11 in prem, but spurs had the B team out with the awful gomes in goal.

haha he has received many a pay cheque from opposition last year im sure!!

tonight, well pav missed a pen and from the radio it sounded a shocker. also sounded like alot of the kids scored good pens which is nice though.

reg being out, well of course I dont want to be, but perhaps it will help us focus and not stretch ourselfs too thin. will be interesting to see what team he puts out in fa cup.

As I am sure a Villa fan would point out

Aston Villa - Premier League - 6th

Birmingham City - Championship - 15th

I am guessing the aforementioned Villa fans would be rather happy with their new manager.

7th :wub:

Eye, 15th, reading Villa fans Tweets last night made me giggle, but McClueless, I shall never, ever forgive, though, to be fair he gave us something, we may never ever see again!

A few wasn't happy, yesterday on Twitter, which made a bunch of us laugh :). I'm a nice Bluenose, but I do love some banter ;).

As I am sure a Villa fan would point out

Aston Villa - Premier League - 6th

Birmingham City - Championship - 15th

I am guessing the aforementioned Villa fans would be rather happy with their new manager.

7th :blush:

Eye, 15th, reading Villa fans Tweets last night made me giggle, but McClueless, I shall never, ever forgive, though, to be fair he gave us something, we may never ever see again!

A few wasn't happy, yesterday on Twitter, which made a bunch of us laugh :). I'm a nice Bluenose, but I do love some banter ;).

Joint 6th with Everton

Questionable penalty which was awarded more ont he dramatic fall. But hey, nothing new there.

Good solid victory for Liverpool against a team that is on a role.

There's been alot of Pens like that lately. Referees should really start using common sense or the linesman. In my years as a defender I would have given away a pen everytime I made a tackle!!

Questionable penalty which was awarded more ont he dramatic fall. But hey, nothing new there.

Good solid victory for Liverpool against a team that is on a role.

There's been alot of Pens like that lately. Referees should really start using common sense or the linesman. In my years as a defender I would have given away a pen everytime I made a tackle!!

I watched the tackle back a few times and JC's left foot is poiting away from the Brighton player. The ball is gone and a second or two later the Brighton player acts as if he has been scythed down. A sad state of affairs. And referees wonder why players get on their backs. The penalty that Brighton didn't get wasn't one either, but it was more of one than the one they did.

Disappointed that Everton lost, but it's hard to get anything from a game where the referee might as well be wearing a Man City shirt. I hate the fact that when I see which referee we've got for particular games, I know we're going to lose.

Anytime Everton lose and Moyes moans is a good day.

Disappointed that Everton lost, but it's hard to get anything from a game where the referee might as well be wearing a Man City shirt. I hate the fact that when I see which referee we've got for particular games, I know we're going to lose.

Howard Webb always goes to the highest bidder!!!

Edited by Simondo

On a separate note - I collect players autographs after the games and they are becoming more and more difficult but this weekend took it to a new level - Luka Modric came out with his coat over his head straight onto the coach!!

Apart from that we had a solid game on Saturday but why do the players all look so knackered during the second half - this is what they do for a living, they should be used to it by now!

From the point of view of Modric...maybe he has been getting hassle over the transfer that didn't happen?

Yeah maybe but it was mainly kids shouting to him. The other thing that annoys me is that you see the same dealers there every time which puts some players off - bale for instance looked at the crowd waiting started to come over then clocked the dealers and walked away.

Then the same dealers were complaining that redknapp had ignored them and only signed the kids autographs!