Sir Patrick Stewart VS James Corden

talie

But Corden was way out of line.

If it wasn't a set up (and I believe it was) then I disagree. I hate James Corden with a passion that burns with the heat of a thousand suns, but to be fair, Stewart took the first shot. I'd have done the same thing.

The only guy that came out of that ridiculous situation smelling of roses was the guy in the audience yelling "get on with it."

But Corden was way out of line.

If it wasn't a set up (and I believe it was) then I disagree. I hate James Corden with a passion that burns with the heat of a thousand suns, but to be fair, Stewart took the first shot. I'd have done the same thing.

The only guy that came out of that ridiculous situation smelling of roses was the guy in the audience yelling "get on with it."

Corden was running around all evening insulting everybody he could. You do NOT present rewards with your hands in your pockets. Patrick just told him that in a friendly manor. Then Corden swore in his face. So Patrick joked about Cordens size which Corden is open about usually. But for some reason he acted violently to Patrick.

^ Where I come from, if you've got a problem with someone, you have a quiet word in their ear about it. What you don't do is broadcast it over a loudspeaker to a roomful of people. I'd imagine Patrick Stewart has enough class to realise this, too, which is part of the reason I think the whole thing was a set up anyway. As for "insulting people," from what I've read online, it was just shtick (similar to what Steve Martin used to do when he hosted the Oscars, for example) and everyone who was the butt of a joke took it well - another reason I reckon it was set up. Either way, neither of them brought the epic pwnage sauce that would've made the clip legendary - it just feels reeeally akward and wierd.

Huumm, im not sure, when patrick is saying do you want another one corden does look a little worried. and patrick starting off in particular seemed genuine and right, but they did seem to joke a bit when zoe was on stage behind her so maybe it was a set up, but i think it wasnt and patrick just got annoyed at all the crap that was going on. (i didnt see the show but i can guess it was more light hearted, silly and not that accurate?)

i think corden came off worse, he was quite insulting to a legend who (ok on stage in public may not of been the right place) but who was being honest about cordens poor presenting skills

just watched some more clips, corden was bloody annoying, hovering with crossed arms or hands in his pockets in every bloody shot of an award speach, looking around disinterested, wiping sweat of his head, slapping his hands together like a drunk fool.

i agree with patrick, though he needs to think of better jokes lol

so let me get this straight, zoe swa........ i cant remember, won best film actress? what year is this for? cos she has only been in 1 film since star trek that i can remember and that was a cgi character, i hate these public awards, there usually just whatever is big at the time wins, im mean awards where harry potter kid actors win best acting (thinking of past shows) is ridicules

I think to present or host an awards ceremony of any type (even a low grade thing like that one) you have to be a very assured and experienced performer. For my money Corden probably just doesn't have that yet (or maybe he never will). He has become horribly over exposed over the last year or so and maybe he just needs to take a step back and focus on what he does well.

That said someone as experienced as Patrick Stewart probably should have realised that and if he felt so strongly about it, he should have got in touch with him after the show to talk about it properly rather than trying to score a cheap point in public.

It might have been set up - but not written. Maybe something about a bit of banter, but with Corden's manner of reply it seemed less banter, more hostile. Especially with Saldana was talking, it looked as if Corden was telling Stewart to bugger off.

Just... horrid. Stewart isn't a comedian and isn't really that funny a guy. Aside from his taped piece at the recent comedy gig for GOSH (?)

I think to present or host an awards ceremony of any type (even a low grade thing like that one) you have to be a very assured and experienced performer. For my money Corden probably just doesn't have that yet (or maybe he never will). He has become horribly over exposed over the last year or so and maybe he just needs to take a step back and focus on what he does well.

He better soon. He has a lot of work going on at the moment and he doesn't seem great-full. It could all vanish in a second.

Just... horrid. Stewart isn't a comedian and isn't really that funny a guy. Aside from his taped piece at the recent comedy gig for GOSH (?)

I hate the fact that Corden is described as a "comedian" as he is equally as unfunny.

What I don't get is why Patrick Stewart was even at such a tacky awards ceremony. I can understand why Corden was because, well, he's tacky.

Edited by ann+sara+emma+dani

I hate the fact that Corden is described as a "comedian" as he is equally as unfunny.

What I don't get is why Patrick Stewart was even at such a tacky awards ceremony. I can understand why Corden was because, well, he's tacky.

I guess Patrick feels honoured to give awards no matter what it is. Which is good. As least he looked like he wanted to be present unlike Corden.

There are probably any number of reasons why he would do something like that. I think there was an episode of The Sopranos where a couple of the characters went to a hotel where an awards ceremony was being held because they wanted to pitch a script to Ben Kingsley. The whole thing was shown to be a bit of a scam where the presenters got given access to all manner of free items from the awards show sponsors.

There might be other contractual obligations that might mean in return for financial support for certain projects an actor might be obligated to appear at an awards ceremony sponsored by the same company. I've also heard it said that performers get hugely well paid for appearing at corporate events in relation to the work they have to do for it. Not sure if that extends to awards ceremonies though.

I would be very doubtful that he appeared there for the love of it!

I don't think it was a set up at all. Both sets of body language confirm this.

Not the first time Sir Patrick has had a swipe at someone in public.

In a theatre production, mid performance he stopped acting and berated an audience member for taking photographs!

As for James Corden I thought Gavin and Stacey was very funny, his own show with Matthew Horne was utter pants!

His slot at the sports personality of the year show was just nasty, his 'jokes' about Andrew Flintoffs career ending knee injury were cringeworthy.

I guess the two of them deserve each other.

As an amazing actor Patrick Stewart is, on the two occassions i've met him outside conventions or anything relating to signing, he hasn't really come across as having a decent sense of humour. I'm with Corden on this one.

I don't think it was a set up both of them were radiating pissyness lol was like a battle of the egos, and when the woman was on stage look at their faces, looks like they're still bickering.

Was cringeworthy to say the least though

In a theatre production, mid performance he stopped acting and berated an audience member for taking photographs!

Unless it was a photographer hired for the job, I would stomp on his camera.

Rightly so. Rules state no cameras in theatre. It distracts the actor.

I don't think Patrick Stewart intends to be as rude as perceived, it's just he is old fashioned and expects respect especially from those younger than him. While Corden, is a chav. Naturally they clash.

A lot of public support has come the way of James Corden who I personally think is good at what he does. He is hired to be the way he is seen on TV.

Patrick Stewart has come off looking very bad as he is the Hollywood A-Lister and revered Stage Actor portraying some of Shakespere's greatest work. I cannot remember a time that I have seen PS be anything other than professional and friendly.

If this is a genuine altercation, then reluctantly I have to side against one of my favourite actors in Patrick Stewart. Whether James Corden was showing his stomach by the way he was standing, or if some people forgot that the host often mocks people, someone of PS's pedigree should have ignored it and moved on.