Leonard Nimoy

smm1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I missed him too (there must be Hundreds that missed him too) was he at the MK in 2009 if so then thats 2 years as I went to 2010 and he was not there :YAHOO: (spent over £700) that weekend. This could well be the last time he will come to the UK for a convention ( he is not getting any younger) and people will realize that this would be his last visit so come on guys try and get him. (TRY HIM : if he is Too expensive then just post here and will will understand) HOPEFULLY :blink:

It's obviously unfortunate for people who discovered these events after MK2009, however Showmasters did say at the time to make the most of it as it was likely the last time he'd be over. That was the reason he was so busy at the show, as so many people did think and realise at the time that it would likely be a once only opportunity

I agree I missed him too (there must be Hundreds that missed him too) was he at the MK in 2009 if so then thats 2 years as I went to 2010 and he was not there :blink: (spent over £700) that weekend. This could well be the last time he will come to the UK for a convention ( he is not getting any younger) and people will realize that this would be his last visit so come on guys try and get him. (TRY HIM : if he is Too expensive then just post here and will will understand) HOPEFULLY :firedevil:

Thats the thing though - all that applied before he came over last time, it would still apply if he came again. There would still be people joining in in 2012 who just missed him.

However I agree that if any UK organisers said he definitely won't be over again, that would at least allow some of those desperate to go over to the US to travel to him. But its the not knowing thats the problem. You don't want to spend all that going out there to find him travelling on the plane back with you for the next event here!

I agree I missed him too (there must be Hundreds that missed him too) was he at the MK in 2009 if so then thats 2 years as I went to 2010 and he was not there :blush: (spent over £700) that weekend. This could well be the last time he will come to the UK for a convention ( he is not getting any younger) and people will realize that this would be his last visit so come on guys try and get him. (TRY HIM : if he is Too expensive then just post here and will will understand) HOPEFULLY :firedevil:

Thats the thing though - all that applied before he came over last time, it would still apply if he came again. There would still be people joining in in 2012 who just missed him.

However I agree that if any UK organisers said he definitely won't be over again, that would at least allow some of those desperate to go over to the US to travel to him. But its the not knowing thats the problem. You don't want to spend all that going out there to find him travelling on the plane back with you for the next event here!

yer, im trying to arrange a 5 day trip to the us in august, id be a bit miffed if i came back and he was announced for CML lol, though he isnt my only reason for going

Edited by timelord81r

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gutted to discover that Leonard has announced his final appearance, and it's not in the UK. I guess I'll never get the photoshoot I wanted. My only hope is that it will be like when Tom Baker announced his retirement from the convention circuit, stayed away for a couple of years, and then began attending events again.

personally I think he has made this choice based on his age, he retired a few years ago but came back, I think that was bacause he wanted to do the 45 ann as a goodbye, perhaps he feels he wont make the 50th? I hope he does. and you never know if he is fit and well around then I think he will find it hard to say no to the 50th.

but from his talk in vegas a few weeks ago (which i decided to go to back in april and im so happy I did) I dont think he will be back, he was almost in tears at the end, and the talk was a whirl wind this is your life type thing from him, not a q&a.

it was very emotional.

if you can somehow make his last in october. Id say do so, I think it will be the last ever public con appearence. he certainly is saying it is at every turn this year.

I was lucky enough to meet Leonard when he appeared in London a few years ago, but I would have loved to see him give a talk. I also wanted a photoshoot at Collectormania but they sold out before I got to the front of the queue :crying:

Edited by nosfer2

• 1 month later...

I met him in vegas.

id also be surprised if on the 50th he didnt make some sort of contribution, but I think perhaps he made this decision based on his age, go out with a bang in case he doesnt make the 50th? which I hope he does, he seems very active and healthy for his age.

but even if he does come out of retirement for the 50th, it wont be outside the US! i just cant see that happening now.

to be honest he will probably record a video message or be in a video link on the 50th for some of the official US cons, thats my thinking.

• 1 month later...

I did see him last year and I would happily go and meet him again!

What was he like?

I was lucky enough to meet Leonard when he appeared in London a few years ago, but I would have loved to see him give a talk. I also wanted a photoshoot at Collectormania but they sold out before I got to the front of the queue :D

Awww no!! I'd be so upset if the tickets for the photoshoot had sold out, at least you got to meet Leonard i'm extremly jealous!! :poki:

he has just been announced for another us con,

COME ON SHOWMASTERS, PLEASE BRING HIM BACK, NO MATTER THE COST!!

So if it costs $100,000 to get him to attend (flights, fees, hotels etc) and SM only makes $60k from his appearence, YOU will personaly give SM the $40k shortfall?

NO??!?!

Then don't use the sentence "NO MATTER THE COST!!" :clap:

If i had the money i would!