Lost Season 6 - Episode 5

DavidB

• Moderators

Lostfinalseasonverticalposter.jpg

EPISODE 5

Lighthouse

Notes:

No pre-airing spoilers.

Once the episode has aired in the US then all discussion about the episode is fine.

Also no discussion of any 'next time on..' parts please, as many people don't watch them.

We finally got an answer - SHANNON'S INHALER!!!!

Seriously though, my favourite episode of this Season so far and the first one that had the Season 1 vibe that Darlton had been promising, even Hurley noticed it! I absolutely loved seeing the caves again, have been waiting to see them since we left them in Season 2 and the fact that they reminded the viewers of Adam and Eve again means we're more or less certain to get an answer on them.

Something I've found weird is how so far everyone has met one of the Others in the ALT, Kate and Ethan, Locke and Ben and now Jack and Dogen, probably just me looking into nothing but thought it was a bit odd. Jack and Dogen's especially just seemed forced and thrown in for the sake of it. With it looking like Locke is possibly going to attack the temple next week (or at least in a couple weeks), I'm starting to worry about some of the people left behind there, Miles especially...

Very interesting to see Kate as one of the names in the Lighthouse, she was number 51 and was NOT crossed out! Dawson (as in Michael, probably not Walt as his last name is Lloyd but you never know) crossed out and is number 124. 108 is Wallace, which is what Jacob instructed Hurley to set the Lighthouse to...

This gives more evidence to the theory that the cave belongs to Flocke, and not Jacob as we were told in The Substitute.

Edited by Lambourne

What is it with this show and annoying female characters.

I've been waiting for Kate to die since season 2, Juliette was damn annoying and now so is Claire.

As for bringing somone new to the island, how'd about dealing with all that's gonr before, not adding more questions.

Is someone really coming though? I thought Jacob made it clear he was just doing it to get them away from the Temple and to mess with Jack's head. I think if someone really is out there it will probably be someone we know.

And you thought Juliet was annoying? :YAHOO: I loved Juliet! Did you like Ana Lucia?

Anyone think David looked like a young (the original) MIB?

Dogen also asked Jack "how long has he [David] been playing?" and I thought that might be a clue about him being the game player with Jacob - they are obviously keeping MIBs real name quiet with all that 'this is my friend, my FRIEND...' stuff with Claire.

I think Crazy Claire is awesome btw! :blink:

Did anyone? :whistling:

Awh, I did! She wasn't that bad :D Michelle Rodriguez <3

Is someone really coming though?

There could be. Jacobs last words before being kicked into the fire by Flocke (Fake Locke) was "there coming".

True. I assumed he meant the ones stuck in 1977 were coming (to the present). But I like that^ I hope there is someone coming.

Evil Claire really annoyed me. If she was that darn worried why didn't she go back to the beach when she got free or at least try and find someone? Or why did it never occur to her that maybe her "friends" still had Aaron? And why is it bad that Kate has him...isn't that better than The Others? Oh whatever...I just wanted to slap her! lol

Oh and a thought but when blokey said "the same thing that happened to your sister" could he have meant Claire? Wasn't there some relationship there...........

Evil Claire really annoyed me. If she was that darn worried why didn't she go back to the beach when she got free or at least try and find someone? Or why did it never occur to her that maybe her "friends" still had Aaron? And why is it bad that Kate has him...isn't that better than The Others? Oh whatever...I just wanted to slap her! lol

Oh and a thought but when blokey said "the same thing that happened to your sister" could he have meant Claire? Wasn't there some relationship there...........

Yes... he did mean Claire, Claire is Jack's only Sister. The reason Claire is evil is because she is infected, which explains the reason for wanting to kill Kate and embedding axes in Other bellies. She isn't thinking sanely or logically.

First things first, Lost is just full of really irritating and pointless female characters. Kate is the worst, but Juliette was annoying and now is evil Claire. They stole my baby blah blah blah, actually no you walked off and left the baby in the middle of the jungle when you were visited by your dead father. They you were sat in the cabin with your dead father and weren’t concerned about your baby in the slightest. Oh and lets not forget the fact that you appeared to Kate off the island and told her not to come back, well not to bring the baby back anyway. So theres no sympathy for your character and the fact that theres a big hole in your story, what happened to you between dumping the baby and now being a psycho, which probably wont be answered is just for want of a better word annoying.

Now shes infected…….infected with what, we’ve learnt that Smokey is stuck in the form of Locke (which doesn’t really make a whole heap of sense as before Jacob was killed he could appear as anyone he wanted, now Jacob is dead hes stuck but Jacob being dead is what he wanted so again that makes no sense. Apparently the same thing has happened to Sayid so it must be something to do with dying and then being brought back to life but again is this ‘evil’ force an ally of Smokey as that’s what this episode seems to be suggesting.

Im also REEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYY bored of all this off island alternate reality rubbish. I don’t care that Jack has a son and that he meets Dogen, or that Locke teaches and meets Ben, or even that Claire goes to hospital and meets Ethan. Theres some sort of intonation that these peoples paths would always have crossed regardless of the plane crash but the big question is this –

If the bomb went off and the island sank in the 70’s then the plane never crashes and they all live their lives none the wiser. However everything from before the island sank would still have happened would it not? Therefore Ben as a child and Richard and all the rest of them would still have lived on the island before the time it sank. If the bomb reset the future and the plane never crashed then I guess its fair to say that those that had lived on the island before the bomb will have been thrown into some sort new future for themselves. Even if this is the case then they would surely have some knowledge of their lives from before the bomb. The losties were reset back to theyre lives as if theyd never crashed in 2004, therefore theyd have never left the island, never gone back, never ended up in the 70’s etc, however surely the others would have memories of their lives from before as that’s where they were, therefore are they interjecting themselves into the Losties lives deliberately in much the same way was they have done before. True theres no island for them to be travelling from into the real world but that’s not to say that the others society doesn’t still exist in the real non crash world. They may even have a way of going backwards and forwards in time still as its not necessarily the island but the area that allows time travel to be done. They don’t appear to be really intrusive in the losties lives as yet as they just appear briefly but maybe that’s the point, theyre only there to provoke memories or specific emotions in the losties.

Whatever the answer I could still do without it as really theres so much not answered already that I really don’t need any new questions. I want the following answered –

What was Walts ability and how important was he to the island, seems to me that with his abilities he’d be first choice as a candidate.

Why did the statue only have 4 toes

What happened to the statue

Why did MIB become Smokey, how did this happen and why no change seemingly to Jacob in the same manner

Where are Rose and Bernard and the other survivors who happen to still be on the island

If Smokey is going to the Temple to take it out and Jacob only decided to save Hurley and Jack then why does he see the others as dispensible (Dogen and co who have given their lives to his cause).

Does Jacob know Jin isn’t there, if so does that mean Jin is important.

If Jacob does know about Jin then he must also know about Sun and Frank and Ben, if so is he going to let them get to the Temple.

Smokey is clearly not alive in the traditional sense but has power, the same can be said for Jacob, if this is true why is he letting things play out the way they are. Is this just a contest of sorts between him and Smokey and everyone else is an innocent bystander

What of baby Aaron, at one point we were led to believe that it was a huge deal that he had been born on the island and that because of this he was also special, yet he is off the island and seems to be an after thought.

Also Desmond. Heres a man who can seemingly travel through time even when hes away from the island, hes clearly special in some way and yet hes not even featured outside of a brief cameo in this season so far.

With all of the above we really don’t need more questions and I certainly don’t think we need anyone else coming to the island.

On the plus side the Lighthouse was great and I wish theyd made more of it rather than smashing it up.