latest Guest Announcement - Stephen Lang

showmasters

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Holy, even though Avatar 3D was an experience and he was very good in it,im hoping he will have a 10x8 as the one armed man from the aborted new version of The Fugitive. As a rule i tend to get 10x8s and bring them with me, but usually i jinx myself in doing that as the guest pulls out or cant make it etc. Dont know what to do ,dont know what to do ,dont know what to do (head blows up)... anyway looking forward to it.

Youtube link please Nicky

This happened around December 2009.

James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/25/james-camero...a-hole-dispute/

Cameron Terminates Feud with 'A-Hole' Fan: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/18/james-camero...ith-a-hole-fan/

Lemme guess, someone here is gonna tell us (as always), "He was probably having an 'off' day. You can't expect him to be happy all the time, he was probably jet-lagged." Just imagine what kinda scene this guy would have caused at an SM event though!! He's a signer's worst nightmare!! :WINCE:

Edited by nicky

I couldn't tell from the video myself, but they are easy to spot IP and someone with Cameron's experience of autograph hunters would have known straight away. Especially as he recognised him 2nd time. If I was the celeb, I wouldn't care - sign away and good luck to the leeches, but from our side of the fence, these are the people that make collecting much harder.

Edited by dufresne

I couldn't tell from the video myself, but they are easy to spot IP and someone with Cameron's experience of autograph hunters would have known straight away. Especially as he recognised him 2nd time.

So you're not really sure? :P

Cameron is well-known for being pretty anti-fan and anti-media...I think that's a likely reason for his reaction. He recognised him again probably cos one of his aides pointed him out...and who would forget a fan like that? My guess is Jimbo went over a 2nd time cos he was advised to do so by his aides for the sake of PR. These kinda celebs always make their peace with fans after a signing-request denial when they've been caught on camera. Eg. Tobey Maguire.

Edited by nicky

The guy was Dealerscum and Cameron knew it. He deserved all he got !

This has been verified on many autograph forums as being true. The guy is well known as being an in person hound and many know him by name.

How do we know what went on before the camera started rolling? Cameron could have signed 10 items for him already and then got annoyed with his attitude and refused. Regardless of a celeb's willingness to sign in person there is no excuse for this guys attitude. I don't blame Cameron for getting annoyed with him, he was in his face and was being totally out of line. If it were me I wouldn't have been as restrained as Cameron was

Back on topic, I hope this doesn't impact on Stephen Lang's appearance at Collectormania...

Stephen Lang Offered Conan Villain Role

Latino Review is reporting Lang has been offered the role of the villainous Khalar Singh in Conan. We had reported awhile ago about the role and what the film was calling for. Khalar Singh is responsible for Conan's tribe massacre and the kidnapping of a Queen. He is a sorcerer hungry for power there is grim purpose to this guy. He is a warlord and formidable warrior, brilliant, cruel, weathered and tanned by the many campaigns he has waged and won. He is driven in his quest to find the Queen of Acheron and has been building an empire to do so.

Shooting starts late March in Bulgaria. Hopefully if he does take on the role he will be available for May

Edited by Supernova

When is Marcus Nispel (Texas Chainsaw and Friday The 13th remakes and Pathfinder) going to direct something original?

He won't. Was Pathfinder any good? I'm a sucker for Viking films. I really must buy Outlander - still haven't seen it.

When is Marcus Nispel (Texas Chainsaw and Friday The 13th remakes and Pathfinder) going to direct something original?

He won't. Was Pathfinder any good? I'm a sucker for Viking films. I really must buy Outlander - still haven't seen it.

Pathfinder is terrible. Shame about Nispel. Visually I think he has real flare but I don't think he's doing himself any favours with the projects he chooses

Avatar's Stephen Lang has confirmed reports that he will play the lead villain in the upcoming Conan movie.

Speaking to MTV, the 57-year-old said that he has accepted the role of warlord Khalar Singh.

"I have no idea how I'm going to do it," Lang stated.

He added: "I'm going to get back on a Mongolian pony and ride like the wind. I'm going to flash my scimitar. I'm going to cut the nuts off Conan and his father."

The film, directed by Marcus Nispel, stars Jason Momoa in the lead role and is based on Robert E. Howard's original Conan novels.

Really hoping his shooting schedule doesn't impact on his Collectormania appearance, especially as I've ordered my Avatar poster now and it's on route as we speak

Really hoping his shooting schedule doesn't impact on his Collectormania appearance, especially as I've ordered my Avatar poster now and it's on route as we speak

I didnt think it was due to start filming for a good while?

He's a timely guest, I'll give you that. He's not exactly among the biggest names SM have ever got but good on them for striking while the iron is hot.

Personally, I'd get him for The Men who Stare at Goats; great movie!!

That's where I saw him before avatar!!! He looked so familiar and I couldn't think where i'd seen him before. Thank you! :)

I ENJOYED AVATAR BUT DIDNT LIKE TOMBSTONE :P

This is the start for the guest list for this years event

we are working on some great guests that are in the pipeline so keep your calendar clear as its going to be another great event not to be missed :chair:

Stephen Lang....................Sat/Sun/Mon......£15.......Photo Ops On Sale Now

Is it me or there's just no photo ops tickets on sale for Stephen Lang in the shop unlike stated in that post?

With Stephen being busy as the main villain in the new Conan, should we see it as a bad sign for things to come? :WINCE: