Cosplay

naurarwen_fangorn

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really wish i could sew and make beautiful dresses. Please do piccy's up, id love to see how its going.

So im thinking of doing esme :huh: im scouring ebay. Dayna found a really good dress but its out of my price range.

So where have you all got your contacts from? Maybe i could get some if their not too expensive and give it a go xx

nether have I but I tihnk it depends on the material. :)

Sam has not text back yet have you tried to message her on facebook holly?

I have dyed my kristen dress red with a tulip red dylon dye. My dress is 73% viscose, 23% nylon and 4% elastane. It did take to the dye ...but it did not come out as bright red as i would have liked so i am painting over it in a bright red fabric paint ...which is taking forever as well as painting the black pattern all over the dress....but i am very happy with the dress so far :)

I think it should be easy to dye the dress darker but i would wait for sam to tell you if the dye will take to your dress :D I aint no expert lol where as our samward kinda is.

blimey your so good. im worried about just dyeing a shirt! i still havent decided which esme look to go for but if i go for twilight esme i think i may have found a shirt that will need to be turned purple. or is that lavender?? im so not sure on the proper colours!!

Holly, what are you hoping to dye?

Edited by evenstar_r

Holly, I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that pure polyester won't work but polyester/viscose mixes are OK with Dylon which is my fave brand. Dyeing to black should be easier than any other colour anyway, you just need to make sure the thread is dyable too because then you might end up with a black dress with navy stitching!

And Renee if you need a hand with Esme gimme a yell and I'll see if I can be any help - I'm not a brilliant cosplayer but I try my best and I've spent ridiculous amounts of time investigating her stuff. I used to have a library of reference pics and details but I lost it all in the Great Computer Crash of Last Week. ¬_¬

the great computer crash of last week lol i always dread my puter doing one of them.

and your help would be greatly appreciated :P ive actually hurt my wrist from using the mouse so much today!! ive found a couple of picys of esme that im going on but their not that great and finding clothes that look similar to them is as hard as i thought it would be lol

Which outfit are you after? If you want the easiest I'd say definitely baseball (with the added bonus you won't have to wear four inch heels to conventions), but I fell for some of the others too 'cause they're pretty and I'm shallow. :P

yeah im looking at the pretty :P

Twilight - meeting the family shirt and pencil skirt

New Moon - Bellas party dress with fringe swept to the side

New Moon - the vote dress, hair in a side pony tail and fringe to the side

Eclipse - promo shot in what looks like a plain black dress

Eclipse - graduation dress black and teal ish

Thats the only photos ive been able to find. As well as not been so good at contacts im also not so good at getting my hair volumised lol

ahh see beechy yours are easier ,.. i just gotta send my graduation dress to alice to adjust, the promo dress is on its way and i just need kitchen esme and im done :D

Just to be clear, this isnt the Alice of the Cullen variety lol

Beechy are you doing Riley in the red skinny with the gstar jacket? If you do wanna get some pics as I know someone who will be there as Vitoria could get some photos like from the end of Eclipse.

Yeah thats the one Im thinking off. Pics would be a must if I can get everything right. Already had that in mind, Sam, when I thought of doing Riley

EDIT: Just found the GStar jacket and my bank account will hate me, no matter how much I love the jacket :D

Edited by Beechy

yeah im looking at the pretty :P

Twilight - meeting the family shirt and pencil skirt

New Moon - Bellas party dress with fringe swept to the side

New Moon - the vote dress, hair in a side pony tail and fringe to the side

Eclipse - promo shot in what looks like a plain black dress

Eclipse - graduation dress black and teal ish

Thats the only photos ive been able to find. As well as not been so good at contacts im also not so good at getting my hair volumised lol

Argh, I just wrote a ridiculously long reply then lost my internet connection. I'm not liking technology this week.

Basically, clever eBaying will get you everywhere with the kitchen scene, especially if you're open to altering/dying things. Cosplaysky have a good replica of the birthday dress and Accessorise have the perfect jewellery set for that - or at least they did a few months ago - so that wouldn't be too hard to get together. (I wouldn't try and make that one unless you're a much better seamstress than me because I'm both determined and suffering with it. :P ) Promo shot one, I haven't done myself butthe picture's on my wall and it doesn't look too tricky - hopefully that necklace will be on Etsy soon 'cause I want one!

Coolspotters have the link to a freakishly similar version of the graduation dress, but I'm going slightly insane trying to find an alternative, or just fabric because it was too much money. As ever. And the Eclipse fighty stuff, purely because I want something I can stay warm in and wear flat shoes. :D

Oh and re. hair - Argos do wonderfully cheap curling tongs. Maybe don't go for the £3.50 ones because mine broke just before LFCC, but it's an idea. Or just stick with New Moon. Honestly Esme has so many different hairstyles, it drives me batty but at least there's something for everyone. :D

Edited by Spectrum

ahh see beechy yours are easier ,.. i just gotta send my graduation dress to alice to adjust, the promo dress is on its way and i just need kitchen esme and im done :D

Beechy are you doing Riley in the red skinny with the gstar jacket? If you do wanna get some pics as I know someone who will be there as Vitoria could get some photos like from the end of Eclipse.

Yeah thats the one Im thinking off. Pics would be a must if I can get everything right. Already had that in mind, Sam, when I thought of doing Riley

EDIT: Just found the GStar jacket and my bank account will hate me, no matter how much I love the jacket :D

Not sure if they have the garber jacket but I found a really cheap gstar taylor jacket on Xile Clothing. It was meant to be £130 and I got it for £65 and postage was £5.

http://www.xileclothing.com/browse/GStar_C...11_0_no_na.html

And also found some on Asos. They definately have the garber ones on here but not sure about Xile don't think they have them

http://www.asos.com/Men/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/G...=20&sort=-1

EDIT: Just found the GStar jacket and my bank account will hate me, no matter how much I love the jacket :WINCE:

Not sure if they have the garber jacket but I found a really cheap gstar taylor jacket on Xile Clothing. It was meant to be £130 and I got it for £65 and postage was £5.

http://www.xileclothing.com/browse/GStar_C...11_0_no_na.html

And also found some on Asos. They definately have the garber ones on here but not sure about Xile don't think they have them

http://www.asos.com/Men/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/G...=20&sort=-1

Thanks Sam. I found one on Asos for £105 from £195. It's now been further reduced to £85 so Im happy :D