FRIDAY THE 29TH MEET UP

Sazzzy

Not sure when im flying in yet but i will defo be there if I am in on time. This is a great idea and a great icebreaker for people new to it all..like myself:P Fair play to you Sazzy:D

hehe :)

Think I'll try and make it too.

Didn't bother last year and hardly anyone spoke to me all weekend! :WINCE:

aww no that sucks :( even if u dont make it come introduce yourself at the party and i'll talk to you :)

i just rememberd your from morley arent you :)

Edited by Sazzzy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure when im flying in yet but i will defo be there if I am in on time. This is a great idea and a great icebreaker for people new to it all..like myself:P Fair play to you Sazzy:D

hehe :)

Didn't bother last year and hardly anyone spoke to me all weekend! :(

aww no that sucks :( even if u dont make it come introduce yourself at the party and i'll talk to you :)

i just rememberd your from morley arent you :)

lilbuzz155, through meet-ups at various theatre/Who/Torchwood/Barrowman things, including 4 Hubs, I've met loads of people. More than once, too. You have try to and put yourself out a little, I've learned. But as quite a few of us who come to cons are various degrees of not socially brilliant, that's not always easy, and I can understand your upset at last year. (I suspect I garbled that, but I hope you understand what I meant :WINCE: )

I'm coming to this for the first time as a Browncoat (and a Merlin fan :( ), and should be able to join you lot. Otherwise, I'll be declaring on my t-shirt on Friday night that I swallowed a bug ;)

Edited by laurab1

Didn't bother last year and hardly anyone spoke to me all weekend! :thumbup:

Ah rubbish :( Is there a pic of you on the intro thread? If so I will chat to you when I spot you! :wub:

I will be at the meet up hurrah! Looking forward to it :wub:

no, there's no pic of me in the intro thread. every time i tried to add one i got some kind of error message. but i'll come along and say hi anyhoo. maybe we should all wear badges with our forum names or something! :WINCE:

As etmuse will testify, stickers applied to the back of our con badge, with on-line/real names and an icon, is what we do for the meet-ups at the Hub, organised via a LiveJournal comm, if someone here wants to take that on... :D

no, there's no pic of me in the intro thread. every time i tried to add one i got some kind of error message. but i'll come along and say hi anyhoo. maybe we should all wear badges with our forum names or something! :WINCE:

As etmuse will testify, stickers applied to the back of our con badge, with on-line/real names and an icon, is what we do for the meet-ups at the Hub, organised via a LiveJournal comm, if someone here wants to take that on... :D

I think the sticker idea on the back of our con badge is a great idea.

We were still in the pub when the opening ceremony was on. we dont go in the main hall anymore !

Pete and Sarah will be with me too and Jade will be there with Heather, Sotia, Neil and Andre.

That would be me

:D

I'll be there too :D somewhere

We were still in the pub when the opening ceremony was on. we dont go in the main hall anymore !

Pete and Sarah will be with me too and Jade will be there with Heather, Sotia, Neil and Andre.

That would be me

:P

I'll be there too :headscratch: somewhere

Oh Slayerette, I missed you off the list in my excitement to type all the names lol

XX

That would be me

:P

I'll be there too :poki: somewhere

Oh Slayerette, I missed you off the list in my excitement to type all the names lol

XX

I'll forgive you lol :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I... may try to find someone at the Thistle to walk with lol. I'm always that 1 person who walks in completely the wrong direction and doesn't find somewhere...

Think I might have to do the same as I don't want to end up dragging my mom along (as she's the only one in my house who knows where the White Horse is) :crying:

When you leave the Thistle car park, turn left and just keep walking for 5 mins and The White Horse is on the right, you cant miss it. We found the food expensive but its really tasty. We got nachos and chilli to share. It was £9.99 and came with salsa, guacamole, chilli, cheese and nachos. Was lovely. The pie there is great too!

I... may try to find someone at the Thistle to walk with lol. I'm always that 1 person who walks in completely the wrong direction and doesn't find somewhere...

Think I might have to do the same as I don't want to end up dragging my mom along (as she's the only one in my house who knows where the White Horse is) :crying:

well i will be in lobby and will make nikki shout to everyone about the meet up so ur welcome to come walk up with us x