General Rambling

dragonsanddaffodils

Aww what's happened Jemma?

Family can suck sometimes!!

just them thinking my sister is perfect ...she can never do wrong in my mum and dad's eyes :YAHOO:

I get told to go sit in my room the one night i come down stairs cos i tend to keep out of the way but the 1 night i wanna sit with everyone i get told to move :(

i feel like the black sheep of the damn family :( guess its better ...way cooler :P-_-

Well screw them cos i am hoping to go study away from home next year ;)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that reminds me i gotta book transport for getting down to london next month for the darling buds gig ...they best have tickets on the doors

According to the promoter's blurb they will (all 50 pre-sale tickets have already sold out), but it doesn't sound like it's a very big venue, so it might be a case of having to get there early and queue to be sure. (Doors at 7, first band at 8). Still, at least you won't go hungry, as apparently by day the venue is a vegetarian and vegan cafe.

that reminds me i gotta book transport for getting down to london next month for the darling buds gig ...they best have tickets on the doors

According to the promoter's blurb they will (all 50 pre-sale tickets have already sold out), but it doesn't sound like it's a very big venue, so it might be a case of having to get there early and queue to be sure. (Doors at 7, first band at 8). Still, at least you won't go hungry, as apparently by day the venue is a vegetarian and vegan cafe.

A café during the day? Very handy! Even if it is veggie.

Lol at the pic Rach!

ooo thank you :WINCE: yeah i guess i am going to have to get there early

And the veggi cafe is perfect for me :)

dudes i am running away from facebook chat lol i got this guy who added me cos he knows my friend ...met him at my friends 21st and he is saying he is coming to my house to peel me away from my ice cream *hides* :WINCE:;)

ben and jerry are working wonders *runs around like a mad woman*

Oh god I'm so confused I worked out DWP owed me about £200 and they have sent me a cheque for almost 3 times that amount. I swear their conning me somewhere. I have this awful feeling that I'll cash them and then they will say they overpaid me. Argh not sure what to do as their adament they have sent me the right amount.

If You're really worried I'd suggest the following

* cash the cheque(s) and put what you think is the excess in a savings account - that way you can't accidentally spend it, and if they do eventually want it back, at least you might have earned a bit of interest on it

* write a nice letter to the DWP along the lines of "look, I'm not questioning how you do your job, but I am a little worried and confused. I think I'm due £200 from you, because [and here you explain why you think it should be £200]. However, I've obviously missed something, because you've sent me £[however much] and I'm worried because that seems to much to me. Please could you put my mind at ease and explain what I've missed out. Thanks."

The worse that can happen is they say oops and ask for the money back, which is half what you expect. At best, they can give you an explanation and let you sleep easy. And if they ever come after you for the money, at least you can wave your letter and theirs and say "hey, I asked, and you said it was OK to spend it" You can only ask, and you may well get a decent reply - I had a friend who used to work in a Benefits Office, and as he said, after spending most of everday having people shout at you and demand more money etc, it would be a pleasure to deal with the occasional somebody who was pleasant and reasonable.

If You're really worried I'd suggest the following

* cash the cheque(s) and put what you think is the excess in a savings account - that way you can't accidentally spend it, and if they do eventually want it back, at least you might have earned a bit of interest on it

* write a nice letter to the DWP along the lines of "look, I'm not questioning how you do your job, but I am a little worried and confused. I think I'm due £200 from you, because [and here you explain why you think it should be £200]. However, I've obviously missed something, because you've sent me £[however much] and I'm worried because that seems to much to me. Please could you put my mind at ease and explain what I've missed out. Thanks."

The worse that can happen is they say oops and ask for the money back, which is half what you expect. At best, they can give you an explanation and let you sleep easy. And if they ever come after you for the money, at least you can wave your letter and theirs and say "hey, I asked, and you said it was OK to spend it" You can only ask, and you may well get a decent reply - I had a friend who used to work in a Benefits Office, and as he said, after spending most of everday having people shout at you and demand more money etc, it would be a pleasure to deal with the occasional somebody who was pleasant and reasonable.

Cheers Tommy, I'm actually going to ring them in the morning if I get chance and just query it. Now a days when I ring up DWP I always ask the persons names as most of their calls are recorded anyway for training purposes and atleast if you have the persons name you can say "Well so and so said this". I would post to them but I don't have the address as I send all my stuff through fax so think phoning them will be the next best option. I've now spent the bit of money I knew was definately mine on ET5 tickets and food but the rest is tucked away and I refuse to touch it. Luckily I'm very good with money can go an awful long time with very little money as I've found out recently.

The crazy thing is the letter they sent with it explaining what they have paid totally adds up to what they sent me but in my own head it doesn't but then again I could have missed quite a few weeks. I was only counting 6 weeks but I could have been without for a hell of a lot longer. Dammit when most of your days blur into one. Oh well, as said will ring them tomorrow and hopefully sort it out.

On a random note Paul (my boyfriend) managed to sell his car today which he's quite happy about as he's been trying to sell it for like 2 years and some guy came round today and offered him £250 so he was like "Okay deal, please take it" not too bad considering my grandad was thinking about taking it to the scrappers last week and would have only got £100 for it. Shame that the money is now going straight back to his grandad as he loaned that much off him to renew his SIA licence.

ha ha southpark i aint watched that in a while :dance:

I had the weirdest dream again. i seem to like hurting people :D

I am mega sore this morning after last nights exercise :blink: and got work in 1 and half hours ...well if i am sore must mean my toning up is working right?? :YAHOO:

Yes, I think I got a defective body grr :( *whinge*whinge*whinge*

Stepped on the scales this morning and it said I`d GAINED 1lb since last night :huh::blink::D

Might start eating crap for a few days then go back to healthy eating and see if it kick starts my crap body into touch :YAHOO:

Grrr@ your family Jemma *hugs* I agree with Dayna that they`ll miss you when you`re gone.

What time are you guys gonna be in London for the gig? I *think* James finishes college at 3 so I might go pick him up so he can watch Takara for me after nursery so I can go early. Want to meet up beforehand?

*wooooooooop* excited *dances* :dance:

Xxxxx

Hiiiiii! :huh:

Well back at work today as hip seems to be ok....for now atleast.

Oooh yay for the extra pennies Sam. Glad you got it sorted!

Not sure how me and Karly are getting there yet Lisa but meeting up before hand sounds good. I expect we'll be there by the afternoon. Eeek need to sort out a hotel too! Joy!

Randomly, it amuses me that Kristen played Joan Jett and Rob is about to play Kurt Cobain! Lol! It's just the fact that they've both done/doing films where their role is a rockstar (grunge in Kurt's case)!

Lol Jemma yep if ya sore then the toning up is def working!

How is everyone today?

Hello people,

I am sheena from the ruckus, the promoters for the Darling Buds gig in London on may 20th. We had noticed you guys linked to us and were wondering how many tickets would be on the door and such, so I thought I would come and share some info :)

Basically it's a tiny little intimate venue, and so capacity is very limited. We are likely only going to have 15/20 tickets on the door, at the very most, and it will be judged by ear as to how busy the cafe looks between me and the cafe owner.

there may well be a competition to win tickets run by us though, and probably by the cafe too, so keep your eyes peeled for those.

I would ask that people don't queue up outside the cafe before 7, as it is a working cafe and a charity, and we really don't want to disrupt their work. You could go in and have a cup of tea and a cupcake though, i can highly recommend the cupcakes!

Hope to see some of you there

Sheena