Question about rooms at the Park Inn

expecto-patronum

Just phoned the hotel again. Apparently all but 16 rooms are reserved for the convention, and it is those spare 16 that some people have managed to book without paying in advance.

However, all 16 have now been booked up, and the ONLY way to book a room is to pay £65 per night at the time of booking.

It will only be refunded if the con is cancelled.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just phoned them and the only rooms they have available are at the Massive Events con rate of £65 a night which is pay in advance.

I'm not prepared to do that as obviously anything could change between now and next April so I guess I'll book a room at the Ibis instead.

If you booked online do make sure you haven't booked the Bedford Park Inn by mistake as its the first result to come up.

if you book b&b online for 1 person it's £62, if you change it to 2 people it's £69 - presumably to account for the extra towel, etc that the second person would use <shrug>

Ah right, thanks for explaining that - panic over! :blink:

And mine was more but booked that room cos you get the movies and internet included and thought it would help keep my daughter occupied and my husband sane lol (I guess for other people free movies a waste of money as you won't be in your rooms much lol)

if you book b&b online for 1 person it's £62, if you change it to 2 people it's £69 - presumably to account for the extra towel, etc that the second person would use <shrug>

Ah right, thanks for explaining that - panic over! :D

... at least i hope that was the reason/i wasn't misreading it! :blink: *feeling paranoid now*

(pretty sure that was the only difference when i checked anyway - am sure you'll get an email/can call the hotel to check if you want to be really really sure :) )

Just phoned the hotel again. Apparently all but 16 rooms are reserved for the convention, and it is those spare 16 that some people have managed to book without paying in advance.

However, all 16 have now been booked up, and the ONLY way to book a room is to pay £65 per night at the time of booking.

It will only be refunded if the con is cancelled.

Thanks for that, I was planning to book later tonight but I can't afford to pay for it now. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope for the best!

Edited by lizzy88

I just phoned them and the only rooms they have available are at the Massive Events con rate of £65 a night which is pay in advance.

I'm not prepared to do that as obviously anything could change between now and next April so I guess I'll book a room at the Ibis instead.

If you booked online do make sure you haven't booked the Bedford Park Inn by mistake as its the first result to come up.

I rang and checked my reservation earlier today and also have a confirmation email - I heard they are making people pay upfront cos so many people in the past reserved a room before getting their con ticket and they ended up with loads of cancellations after even some of the crew ended up in the Ibis. I have got my hub ticket though so not much chance of me cancelling my room.

I just looked online and appears as if they are still taking bookings?? If people do have to pay upfront then I doubt the rooms will go as fast as I would think that only people who have booked their con tickets will be prepared to pay for room upfront.

Edited by karaoke_krazy

I'm glad the next event is going to be back at Northampton. I found the service at the Metropole to be horrendous (25 minute wait to get SERVED in the bar, just to order a plate of Nachos, rude staff, concierge telling us that if we left our bags with them, they WOULD get stolen). So so angry, I wrote a very angry complaint on the comments form. For £76 for TWO NIGHTS, I expected something more than what I got. And I have worked for Hilton in the past, so I know the level of service they SHOULD be delivering, and what they gave this weekend certainly was NOT what they should be doing.

Also, I'm waiting to book my room at the Park Inn, because they will probably do a convention rate there.

Just booked over the phone and yes you have to pay in advance, they apparently now only have double rooms left!

Online it's showing as not available. Perhaps it would have been helpful if the organisers had said something, I asked around at the weekend but no-one could give me a definite answer.

I love the park inn, it just needs to be bigger:)

Also, I'm waiting to book my room at the Park Inn, because they will probably do a convention rate there.

As others have said in this thread the convention rate is £65 but you have you to pay it in full in advance.

... and it's non-refundable/non-transferable unless the convention itself is cancelled (think that was mentioned before but thought would reiterate in case it earlier posts were missed)

Edited by glee

I've just booked my room, a twin room so I can share with my mum again at the price of £65. I gave them my email so I should be receiving a confirmation email soon, that's what they said anyway. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes after ordering for the confirmation emails to be sent out? Thanks in advance. I've not yet booked my ticket for The Hub 4 but will do as soon as they go online, I'm hoping for Silver this time as they were all sold out when I booked for The Hub 3. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Wow, glad I booked when they had cancellable rooms available.

Now I know if I have to miss the event for whatever reason I wont be able to get the money back for the gold ticket, but if that does happen not having to also pay for the hotel will soften the blow.

Was starting to get a little paranoid lol so rang AGAIN to check my reservation and what has been said by scar is exactly what they said to me. If you already prebooked no need to panic. It does look like you can still book over net though so not sure why that is, although obv I didnt enter any details so not sure.

I've just booked my room, a twin room so I can share with my mum again at the price of £65. I gave them my email so I should be receiving a confirmation email soon, that's what they said anyway. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes after ordering for the confirmation emails to be sent out? Thanks in advance. I've not yet booked my ticket for The Hub 4 but will do as soon as they go online, I'm hoping for Silver this time as they were all sold out when I booked for The Hub 3. :D

I got mine pretty much straight away but that could be cos I booked it online.

Glad you got your room okay :)

I got mine pretty much straight away but that could be cos I booked it online.

Glad you got your room okay :)

Thanks and thank you everyone for all of your help. I don't know what I'd do without this forum, I'd never have known that everyone was booking this early and probably missed out. I can't wait now, bring on The Hub 4. I hope everyone else manages to book their rooms ok too. I so can't wait to meet all of the guests and have a great time again. :D:P

Edited by Doctor Who

Are all the rooms booked up already or am I doing something wrong? xD

Do I need to do anything special?

Ty x

Edit: Oh, I found the £62 thing :) Sorry for post waste x

Another edit: Bedford is wrong.. right? How do I make it stay on the right hotel? Oh dear.

Edited by Jackness

Sorry to be really slow here guys. Is booking through late rooms okay 'cause I think I can do it on there. Is it silver street?

is £179 for all of it (for 1 adult 1 child) about right?

Edit: I can't say sorry enough, just ignore all my posts. Previous posts I mean..

Edited by Jackness

i just booked a room via laterooms.com

fri and sat £55 no breakfast

and sun nite £69

and i didnt have to pay a deposit :whistling:

I just booked the same - I've never used Laterooms.com before, I hope they are reliable. I do want breakfast, but I will book it when I get there.

xxx

and sun nite £69

I just booked the same - I've never used Laterooms.com before, I hope they are reliable. I do want breakfast, but I will book it when I get there.

xxx

You know they're about £11 per person per day though? It often works out dearer than booking direct with the hotel on the con rate. Laterooms is fine for reliability (if you book a room, you get it), but not necessarily the cheapest option by any means.

Really pleased I booked hotel room yesterday morning as soon as we got our HUB4 Tix, so managed to get a twin. Never stayed there before, as rooms go so quick, we always end up in the Ibis, which is fine really, seconds away by walking, but nice to be in same hotel again. (totally great to be organised again too - no looking for late rooms for me this time!) The lady on the phone said it had been mad all day with peeps calling up for the Hub weekend.

At the auction on Saturday night I think Jason said that you just mention Massive events, and the HUB4 when booking. I don't think there is an actual code for this one.

Don't quote me on that though!

I guess most of the crew/organisers haven't been on here yet?

It was a totally excellent, but very busy weekend! ;0)

Loved every second, especially Kai turning up, what a treat!!

Hugs to all,

Max

and sun nite £69

xxx

You know they're about £11 per person per day though? It often works out dearer than booking direct with the hotel on the con rate. Laterooms is fine for reliability (if you book a room, you get it), but not necessarily the cheapest option by any means.

Yeah, I knew they were about that much. I can't afford to pay up front so I'm happy with not getting the con rate.

xxx