Anyone catch "Tysonitis"?

jazz5490

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i did and i was the one that came up with the name on the saturday at the meal when i was chatting with him!!!! I am actually really ill with it!!! I hate being ill so everything affects me!!! **sigh**

Did anyone notice that Chaske got it too!!!!

Edited by Rpatts-Forever

I'm feeling a little under the weather too so I wouldn't be surprised if I have Tysonitis. Afterall I caught the Flucinelli at ET1 too!

I doubt it is Tysonitis though, I'm not sure you can catch something like that after only 1 minute of contact... we shall see how I feel tomorrow!! =oD

i feel so unbelievably sick, and i've not had my voice for 2 days now, but i'm gonna put it down to singing way to much on the saturday night with the band. and from only getting like 4 hours of sleep. oh well, well worth it :)

Edited by LizLucy92

Ah, so he's the culprit!

We only chatted to him for a few minutes at the bar on Friday (i think it was Friday!) night. Then at the signing. I'm all bunged up, throat is well sore and achy all over. Grrr!

Same although not sure it was tysons fault didn't spend enough time with him, more likely to be the copius amount of people that kept telling me how ill they were eurgh! Stay awayyyy I'm taking a protective suit to ET3... would make for interesting photos :thumbup:

lol I need to stop reading this thread, really gets on my wit when people are infectionalitusly (<-- made that up) ill and they decide to come to a place full of people, it's selfish imo meh.

I'm obviously one of the selfish ones then. I had a horrendous cold this weekend but the other alternative was not going and losing out on the money I paid out on ticket, train, coach and costumes, plus stitching my friend up by leaving her to pay the full hotel bill for our shared room. I just don't have enough spare cash to justify that kind of waste. If I'd had something more potentially dangerous to other people, like swineflu, of course I would have stayed home. Though before anyone is too judegmental about the person who came after getting over that - the infectious period through coughs and sneezes is only about 5 days in adults, slightly longer in children.

It's worth remembering that if everyone who was sick cancelled coming to avoid the risk of passing on a cold, we would have missed out on Peter as a guest last time.

To be honest, if you're that sensitive about picking up other people's germs, then maybe you should think twice about being in a confined area with 800 people for a weekend. Anyway, colds and flu are at their most infectious around 48 hours before people start showing symptons so you're just as likely to catch a germ by standing next to someone who displayed zero symptons.

Edited by timpe

Nicely put, timpe. How many guests would SM have lost over the years if they'd not come if they had a sniffle? Loads.

I'm fully expecting to get some sort of cold in the next couple of days. It's pretty impossible not to pick something up in a room of 800 people. It goes with the territory.

Kegan, get some First Defence if you're so worried.

Edited by Betty

Guys Kegan does kinda have a point. But if everyone looked after themselves keept themselves ok on medication and stuff trying to look after them selfves then i have no issue with them. Evetyone gets a cold at some time so its impossible to stay away from ill people all the time. And in a room of 800 people at least 1/4 would probably be ill, have something coming or not even know they are ill until its too late.

So we're selfish and should cancel our attendance if we have a cold? I'll send my hotel and ticket bill to kegan, in that case.

And timpe WAS on medication and felt pretty crap for most of the weekend, but still managed to have an awesome time. And as I knew she had a cold, I started taking medication as a precaution.

Its only a fricking cold. It's not like people were turning up with swine flu.