GUEST CANCELLATION John Barrowman

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

can i also point out something

1 we sold more tickets to the event were john was not at that the one he was at because people are getting to know the event is happing and they are so much fun so to say we needed to push the fact that John was coming to sell tickets is not true

2 we would rather a gust attended an event that save the guest fee just to stop threads like this happening on here , i like a peace full life and to be able to just run the events and have fun at them , so to think we would promote a guest as coming to an event know ing he or she could not attend is really really ridiculous , just want you to know that ok

3 and this is the big one WHAT DID JOHN GET OUT OF THIS ??? nothing so why would he go along with us promoting him as a guest when he knew he was not going to be there ??? he would get nothing at all so why would he let us do this , John loves his fans so much and really cares about this and to read on here some of this stuff is crazy , so please can this all stop now , we know some of you are upset but please stop the which hun for something thats not there

4 have you ever thought about the fact that John may just come on here from time to time ??? and read this stuff , well i know lots of our guests do and i hope that he is cool about this and dose not start to think that maybe its best to stop saying hes going to go to an event and just what till the week before to be shore and then agree to attend , as this will be the death of events were we have John as a guest , as we will never know till the week before the con and we will have spent our budget for guest months before and when he is ready to agree we would not be able to get him , also you the fans may not think he is coming and then book other things to do or just plan not to do the event and then when he agrees to attend then you would not have the time to come and would miss him , so please lets all be a bit cooler about all this and just chill , theses things happen its not planed and its still the best way to meet the guests we get it right most of the time we are just a little unlucky this time , so please think about what you say as i know guest do read this stuff

thanks and i hope you can see were i am coming from

see you all soon

jason :WAVE:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guest that we asked said yes and we added them to the cast list , we still have two offers out and they may also be added to the cast of the con , but we shall see , but in the end TerraHawk do you not think that this guest list is good ? and do you not think that its really good value ? , if you think its not i do not know what you expected 11 guests posably 13 guests for this price ? come on be fair its a great line up and a great deal and you know you are going to have a good time

jason :chair:

Oooh, thanks for the update. I've got to agree, it's a great line-up and I can't wait to see who the other two guests are if they agree to come. It's definitely a good deal for money, especially as some people's autographs would have been more than £10 if they were at a signing event. It's going to be a fantastic first convention for me and I can't thank you enough for all of the guests you have booked. It's unfortunate that John has had to cancel but hopefully if there's a Hub 4, you'll manage to get him and Eve Myles to that. *hint hint* Not long to go now, I hope we get photos with Gareth, James, Rik and Katy. :WAVE:

Edited by Doctor Who

but in the end TerraHawk do you not think that this guest list is good ? and do you not think that its really good value ? , if you think its not i do not know what you expected 11 guests posably 13 guests for this price ? come on be fair its a great line up and a great deal and you know you are going to have a good time

You're missing my point. I never said it wasn't good. Just that now that you don't have to fork out for John you must have a bit more money left over that you'd already allocated!

If anything it was too good a deal with John included. I mean a photo and autograph at London will cost people £40.

Edited by TerraHawk

Thanks for the update SM! I hope these two guests can make it :)

Me too, I'm really intrigued to know who they are lol. While I know that this convention has a brilliant line-up, one of the first things my mum said after John's cancellation was 'I hope they get a good replacement guest'. She's not as knowledgable about how conventions work though lol, maybe after this event she'll know. :WAVE::chair:

Edited by Doctor Who

And whoever was suggesting that the Playhouse should offer discounts to the Hub attendees? Are you serious? A commercial theatre in London in what is a very difficult economic period offering discounted tickets to attendees for an unconnected convention? Not a chance in hell. If you fancy going to Le Cage but think full price is too expensive (which it is) you can get Upper Circle seats for £17.50 and if you're a student with a valid NUS card concessions are £20.

I have noticed there has been a bit of bitching going on in this thread. What doesn't help is taking someones messages and twisting them out of context. I did not say that the playhouse theatre should give us discounts. All I suggested was that as a group we may be entitled. There are 8 of me and my friends going this week and we got the top price tickets for £30 each which was a group rate so they DO offer discounts to groups. I respect that some peoples reactions to John cancelling may have annoyed you but please do not group me in this as you make it sound like I demanded something when all I did was put forward an idea. I was just trying to be pratical and help those strapped for cash. Thank you.

Edited by karaoke_krazy

In all honesty, I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for John, all this speculation into money matters, budgets and bickering because he is simply too busy to attend. I am sure that if he was free he would come. The topic has descended into anything but the good side of the convention. Its a real shame.

xxx

In all honesty, I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for John, all this speculation into money matters, budgets and bickering because he is simply too busy to attend. I am sure that if he was free he would come. The topic has descended into anything but the good side of the convention. Its a real shame.

xxx

Yeah, I agree about the bickering, I didnt put any of those things you said, just trying to help and I got jumped on - I was there at Birmingham Symphony Hall when John announed he was going to join the cast of La Cage and I have never seen anyone happier or more proud of something. His real fans understand.

• Showmasters Admin

but in the end TerraHawk do you not think that this guest list is good ? and do you not think that its really good value ? , if you think its not i do not know what you expected 11 guests posably 13 guests for this price ? come on be fair its a great line up and a great deal and you know you are going to have a good time

You're missing my point. I never said it wasn't good. Just that now that you don't have to fork out for John you must have a bit more money left over that you'd already allocated!

If anything it was too good a deal with John included. I mean a photo and autograph at London will cost people £40.

and i think you missed one of my points too we thought this might happen and booked more guest in just in case it did happen so the budget if John have of been able to of attended would have been shot , but that was the risk i wanted to take as in the end i just wanted the event to go well what every happened

i hope this helps explain what has happened

jason

and i think you missed one of my points too we thought this might happen and booked more guest in just in case it did happen so the budget if John have of been able to of attended would have been shot , but that was the risk i wanted to take as in the end i just wanted the event to go well what every happened

i hope this helps explain what has happened

jason

You only have to look at the extra effort and money that was spent at Sat party at Hub 2 to realise that these guys wouldnt rip you off - I trust you :P (big hint for more free popcorn lol)

I have noticed there has been a bit of bitching going on in this thread. What doesn't help is taking someones messages and twisting them out of context. I did not say that the playhouse theatre should give us discounts. All I suggested was that as a group we may be entitled. There are 8 of me and my friends going this week and we got the top price tickets for £30 each which was a group rate so they DO offer discounts to groups. I respect that some peoples reactions to John cancelling may have annoyed you but please do not group me in this as you make it sound like I demanded something when all I did was put forward an idea. I was just trying to be pratical and help those strapped for cash. Thank you.

You appeared to be suggesting in your post that Showmasters should try and get The Playhouse Theatre to do something extra for the attendees of the Hub now that John can not attend by offering discounts to the play to them. That suggestion to me seemed quite absurd but if I misunderstood you I apologise.

Anyone attending Le Cage with a group of 8 can get the group discount of £30 a ticket. Additionally I believe there is also a Walkers promotion which enables people to get tickets for the same price.

You appeared to be suggesting in your post that Showmasters should try and get The Playhouse Theatre to do something extra for the attendees of the Hub now that John can not attend by offering discounts to the play to them. That suggestion to me seemed quite absurd but if I misunderstood you I apologise.

Anyone attending Le Cage with a group of 8 can get the group discount of £30 a ticket. Additionally I believe there is also a Walkers promotion which enables people to get tickets for the same price.

No, I get that there is a bit of foot stamping go on but I am on Jason and co's side. Just thought that as a large group could get our own code or something - plus I am of the opinion that you dont ask you dont get. I am still happy if nothing happens and not expecting anything but no harm in being a bit cheeky sometimes, although you right that we not really owed anything extra.

Have to say that I'm surprised at the amount of negativity going on here. Subject to work commitments is standard for any guest attending any event.

Yes, I was disappointed when I saw that JB wouldn't be attending as I'd been really looking forward to meeting him, but the guest list is still absolutely mahoosive- very few, if any of the previous events I've been to (that includes other stuff by showmasters and massive events, as well as many events run by various other organisers) have had this many guests.

I heard about this too late to get anything other than standard, but if I could have gotten gold or silver I would have. That hasn't changed with the lack of JB, I would still have happily stumped up that money for the higher level of ticket as the guestlist is brilliant.

We have got big names (GDL and JM) even if JM is a sponsored guest, and I for one think it's still gonna be an ace weekend.

Must admit that I'm finding it interesting that the discussion on this over on the Torchwood Forum is far more positive.... I would have expected it to be the other way around, but the fans over there seem to recognise how busy the bloke is right now, and that sometimes these things can't be helped.

I'm not having a go at anyone, this is just my opinion, so please don't flame me lol.

Yeah, there aren't many people being negative on here. Most of us understand that it couldn't be helped and that John would have made it if he could. I've just got my fingers crossed that he might be announced for The Hub 4 if there is one. :D:angel:

Edited by Doctor Who

I won't be going :P

Neither will I, I wish I could as it has so many guests I want to meet, but it would cost me too much and it's too soon after The Hub. I'll meet John and the rest of the guests one day though .... hopefully anyway. :o

Edited by Doctor Who

Neither will I, I wish I could as it has so many guests I want to meet, but it would cost me too much and it's too soon after The Hub. I'll meet John and the rest of the guests one day though .... hopefully anyway. :o

I have no idea who is going apart from John and I'm not that fussed by him

I was already going to CM London, so having John there instead of the hub is fine by me, although it would have been nice to have him at the hub. I'm happy though as I've bought my photos with him, I've booked a hotel for the saturday night and I'm going to see his last performance in La Cage that day too so I'm making a preoper weekend out of it. But the guests already going to CM London made it worthwhile for me even before John was going, so I'm lucky in that respect...also in living only an hour and a half away from London when I'm at home, and half an hour when I'm at uni lol.

I was already going too (Brian and Shannen and Misha had more than swung it for me). John was just one more to add to my (worryingly expensive and long) list of people to see there...

haha I knwo what you mean, I was going to be spending a small fortune before John was announced, now I'll be totally broke lol! May have to re-shuffle my priorities a bit...