General Rambling

dragonsanddaffodils

UGH. Prepare to read a major rant thing. So angry right now. I just went upstairs to look for something in my room and could hear my mum talking to someone downstairs, so i was like WTF who is that? So i went to see and he was like 'him I'm Frank.' So i was like all confused as to who this Frank dude was. And also what kind of person names there child frank. So this guy who was like about 25-28 ish starts randomly talking to me about shizzle and inside im like 'WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?' And---- heres the funny part- hes like some drug councilor person, so apparently my mother thinks i am on drugs which is just insane. But why the heck does my mother feel the need to bring a drug dude person around to my house, basically accuse me of doing drugs then send me off to my room so they can 'talk' about me. WTF SERIOUSLY? Im so mad and also confused, firstly if my mother knew me at all she would know i would never do drugs, and also why does she think I'm doing them? And where the hell does she think im getting the money from? SO ANGRY. Waiting for my mother and 'Frank' to stop talking. Also how funny is it this guy is called frank? like the FRANK drugs helpline, he was destined to do this job. Rant over.

Wow. my mum used to acuse me, oh and of sleeping around cos i had friends that were boyss!!! (i didnt sleep around...AT ALL - just so you no :) )

frank. that did make me giggle.

Just think of et3 :)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Poppy your mum sounds so paranoid lol!

Lily you're not having much luck with that carpet are you? Hee hee!

Ha ha Jem enjoy getting scissor happy!

Well I guess I should go look for more civil war stuff and other bits and bobs!

why would your mum think you were doing drugs and if she did why not ask you first before getting this guy around to your house? Parentals can be so lame sometimes

Not to defend the action, but to be fair, I imagine your average teen on drugs doesn't break down and go "yeah ma, it's a fair cop, I've got a huge xxxx habit" just on being asked. Meaning that asking the question will just get you an answer of "no", and if you don't know whether it's a truthful no or a lying no, then it's pointless asking. I'd guess the best thing is not to get all angry and defensive about it, because that could equally be a guilty reaction. Treat it as genuinely funny. Obviously not rolling around on the floor laughing manically funny, as that would also look weird, but humourous disbelief and a little chuckle funny.Being able to point out that you don't have any money to buy drugs is not a bad move either.

And hey, at least she cares, which is positive. Thing is, some mothers can be very suggestible. I remember once coming home from university, and my mother noticed that I had a McDonalds straw inside my jacket pocket. The simple reason being that I'm a guy who doesn't throw stuff away, and having accidentally grabbed two straws when getting a takeaway a couple of weeks previously, I'd used one and just left the other inside my pocket. (I had half an idea that it might be of use if I ever needed to surreptitiously slurp a can of beer hidden inside my jacket pocket, like at a gig (since some venues didn't let you take beers inside the auditorium) or at the cinema (since they didn't sell beer). But oh no, because of some article my mother had read in Woman's Weekly or the Daily Mail or something, this straw was "a tell-tale sign that your teen is snorting heroin"! She did at least have the decency to ask me if I was doing drugs, and when I said no, she said, "well what's that straw for, you're not using it to sniff heroin are you?" She does probably regret asking, as I nearly wet myself laughing, and I still take the p!ss out of her about it years later...

Edited by TommyT

LMAO Tommy!

I think to complete the saga though it's only fair they do Breaking Dawn. Would be weird if they didn't plus I wanna see the Isle Esme scene ha ha ha ha ha! Oh and when Bella wakes up from being turned lol! Oh and I love Jasper in BD!

Yo! Man my head is killing me so much. Tired! Had a major fight with my mutti last night. Got stuff kind of sorted. Not really but it never is with her. Such a boring day and I have dancing soon :/ Usually i love it but i am so so tired plus i know it will be a small class cause of the snow and i hate small dance lessons. Anyway! Hungry to! Ha just keep moaning don't I?!! Hmmm Summit already did kind of a good job on new moon but if they mess up BD i will kill someone!

Ha ha ha yeah Rhi!

Ugh just hope Summit don't skimp on certain scenes just to make it veiwable to a certain target audience lol! Their concerns worry me as I think it should be as close to the book as possible.

Awwww Poppy did you get called down to talk to that Frank dude in the end? Hope dancing isn't too boring!

Lol at you meeting those guys! Glad you had fun at dancing!

I'm not too bad ta. Been trying to look for more stuff for ET3. Bought my dress for Graduation so I'm 1 step closer I guess lol. OOooh must get something to eat. Gonna be late to Ryan's ha ha whoops!

all okay in here tonight?

sat having our tea while poor hubby is getting snowed in in Caerphilly :(

He has been in near stationary traffic for 3 hours now :( and only moved 300 metres :(

hope he can get out of one particular stretch of road before the snow gets heavier at 9 otherwise he is there for the night in the car!

oh okay :/ nah, it's a boy from my old school now lol, complaining and stuff.

Dayna, some of my friends (if u can call them that, haven't spoke to them for months) complaining about me joining too many groups on facebook :( such a waste of time to complaining about THAT when you can whine about so many other things. i want to do this :( to them atm

and ooh toasts<3 i'm hungry. again!

Edited by djurgardare

oh okay :/ nah, it's a boy from my old school now lol, complaining and stuff.

Dayna, some of my friends (if u can call them that, haven't spoke to them for months) complaining about me joining too many groups on facebook :blink: such a waste of time to complaining about THAT when you can whine about so many other things. i want to do this :WINCE: to them atm

and ooh toasts<3 i'm hungry. again!

OMG that is so petty of them to moan about that!

Well I am so annoyed right now! My brother just takes the p*ss!

Hello, how is everyone tonight? :)

How's the costume hunting for ET3 going for everyone?

So so. Still need a waistcoat for my Alice outfit, a shirt and cincher for civil war (possibly a skirt), and shoes for all 3 nights and my Alice outfit lol! OH and jewellery! And I'm pretty sure I'm missing something out here!

Oh i read today about breaking dawn that they are gonna plan on cutting out graphic scenes? :D

i dont even know :D

having a....strange week :headscratch:

hope everyone ok :)

and that is what worries me! If they did that it'd just spoil it but I bet they do and make a bloody mess of the bits that are good in BD (my feelings on BD are mixed lol some bits I like and some I don't).

They are gonna cut out the graphic parts :D:(:clap: what the hell :clap:

Never forget that the film company are primarily interested in making profit. The first two films were rated 12/12A (PG-13 in the US). Not surprising, since as we can see on this forum, a significant portion of the audience is too young to legally watch a 15-rated film (US R rated), let alone an 18-rated one (US: NC-17). They certainly aren't going to make it 18-rated because that would be a huge loss of potential audience (money). They might take the pragmatic view that by the time they make Breaking Dawn the original audience will have grown up, and feel able to go a little stronger, but there's a couple of reasons against that. The first is they will be looking to maximise sales to early teenagers for evermore, not just the original audience - they can't sell the early films in say 5 years time to 13 year olds if they can't buy the later ones for another two years after that. (It also cuts down any potential market for boxsets once all the films have been made). Secondly, the next step from PG-13 in the US (the biggest market) is R, where you have to be 17 or have an accompanying adult. So, the big jump they would be worried about making is not 12 to 15, but 13 to 17 - four years of audience not three. Which is why I reckon they'll make BD "mild" enough to get past a PG-13 /12A rating, and no worse. And not only does that mean that you can't show graphic stuff, at that level of restriction you have to be careful about what you suggest or say happened.

Hmmm yeah I can see them doing that and I will be so annoyed because it's not in keeping with the book which is aimed at a slightly older audience than, say Twilight! Ok granted certain scenes are tamed down in BD but still the suggestion's there!