General chat

Road Runner

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't watch much Who but the other day Douglas was watching one of his and I wanted to watch it.

I'd never tell Doug this though cuz he'll have me watching the whole series from start to finish.

He does seem pretty amazing though.

Maybe when Doug goes out I'll watch it.

I'm a Troughton man, and I think Smith takes second place for me.

Yeah I don't watch much Who but the other day Douglas was watching one of his and I wanted to watch it.

I'd never tell Doug this though cuz he'll have me watching the whole series from start to finish.

Nah, they're not all out on DVD yet. But we can start with An Unearthly Child - it's excellent. Well the first episode is... the rest are just okay.

Pffft, she wants to start with Davisons first story - but it's the final part of a trilogy. You need to watch the other ones before it... and if you're going to do that you might as well watch/listen to the 553 episodes before that....

Edited by Turtle

I'd like to get hold of DVD's of all the old Doctors - would be really cool to watch them all.

You will be able to do so, come 2012/2013... just make sure you pick up th audios of the missing stories. Essential.

Wow. This post is far too long...

Yes it was. But it's pretty much a good post. I hated the whole huge unavoidable unwinnable situations RTD would put himself in only for it all to be resolved within ten seconds and then have to come up with another excuse to bring them back.

For the first time in over six years, I wrote fanfiction that doesn't have any sex in it. I don't know whether to be proud or shocked :D

If it's not sex, whats it about?

Unrelated: Dr. Who was decent tonight, eh? Nice to see some grumpy-ass Sontarans back.

Bloody good. When it comes to finale's, although he's a horrid writer, RTD was good at generating the excitement - and was terrific at the cliffhangers. Although we're still getting the Moffat tone, we still got a climax that made us want to see more without the RTD terrible resolution (well, that a leap of faith on my part for the final ep).

It was also nice to see the twist. From the concept art I knew what was coming, but the Alliance coming together to be the good guys.... nice touch.

Which is nice, but a bit sh!t cause it may mean that Amy is on the out after this series - going off and marrying Rory.

She confirmed her status in an interview - I won't spoil it, but it's on Ravens site if you want to know.

I'm a Troughton man, and I think Smith takes second place for me.

Nah, they're not all out on DVD yet. But we can start with An Unearthly Child - it's excellent. Well the first episode is... the rest are just okay.

They're not all on DVD, but they are all obtainable if you know where to look. I've got access to the whole lot, I just don't have the time (or disc space) to grab em.

That and I'd never get around to watching them all. So I pick and choose.

I'd like to get hold of DVD's of all the old Doctors - would be really cool to watch them all.

You will be able to do so, come 2012/2013... just make sure you pick up th audios of the missing stories. Essential.

Oooh, tell me more??

The entire classic series should be out on DVD come 2012-2013, depending on them keeping up the current release rate.

There are quite a number of stories (and individual episodes from stories) that are missing, presumed gone forever. You can see some of the orphan episodes (one or two episodes that survive from stories that are otherwise wiped) on the Lost In Time Set.

For episodes that are totally/almost totally wiped you can purchase CD's which have the original audio-track with narration (normally by one of the original cast members) to fill in the blanks.

They're not all on DVD, but they are all obtainable if you know where to look. I've got access to the whole lot, I just don't have the time (or disc space) to grab em.

That and I'd never get around to watching them all. So I pick and choose.

At this point I'm so far behind in watching the official releases that going for unofficial things would be completely pointless. Well, except for Dimensions In Time... had to grab that when I had the chance.

Edited by Turtle

Well, except for Dimensions In Time... had to grab that when I had the chance.

So you could nail your hard drive to a frisbee, set it on fire, throw it away, then shoot it. Surely.

The "can i start a game" thread turned from epic fail into an endless montage of win.

It's become a hell of a challenge.

Well, except for Dimensions In Time... had to grab that when I had the chance.

So you could nail your hard drive to a frisbee, set it on fire, throw it away, then shoot it. Surely.

Never had it on a hard drive - fan made special edition DVD. But I'm a completist - it exists and so I need it. It's the same reason I own all the Leprechaun movies...

Edited by Turtle

It will always have a special place in my heart for pairing Six and The Brig. That makes it a totally worthy entry in my opinion.

Does anyone know the identity of the 'voice' that said "Silence Will Fall"?

If it doesn't start with "O" I'm gonna be dissapointed.

Marty - what do you make of the Godzilla cameo in Always 2? The All-CG-Ness of it... I think it looks pretty sexy but would never want to see the Big G done that way for a whole movie. Or would I? I honestly don't know...

Edited by Turtle