ok news about guests at In The Shadow of the Moon

showmasters

It's always good to have a huge rant occasionally Jo! :thumbup:

Yeah but then u have to come back with ur tail between ur legs feeling like a real twit! :S :D

but like she said, everyone has a rant, and dont feel like a twit, there where loads more people that had the same sorta rant and some of them wont come back with the tail between their legs...and they wont come to proms which will have been a HUGE waste of money! :)

Yeah this is true, i'd rather be the twit that gets to go than the one who doesn't :thumbup:

Found out from Jade that Paramore are playing here in December, more funnn!!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yess they are playing Manchester =]] Something else to look forward to, does anyone know when tickets go on sale? I really don't have any more money left right now lol.

Lol I'm broke as a joke too! Tickets go on sale this Friday for Dublin so I would presume the UK gigs are this weekend too maybe?

Yess they are playing Manchester =]] Something else to look forward to, does anyone know when tickets go on sale? I really don't have any more money left right now lol.

Lol I'm broke as a joke too! Tickets go on sale this Friday for Dublin so I would presume the UK gigs are this weekend too maybe?

Ahh crap, I'm gonna have to borrow some money off someone! I seriously can't wait to get my uni loan, although I owe a lot of it out haha.

Am I one of the few who doesn't mind about the guest changes? :D I bought my ticket on the strength of having a fun weekend, getting to dress up posh and meet other Twilight fans. I'm so fed up of having people roll their eyes whenever I mention Twilight that it will be a welcome relief to be amongst you lot. :D

Am I one of the few who doesn't mind about the guest changes? :D I bought my ticket on the strength of having a fun weekend, getting to dress up posh and meet other Twilight fans. I'm so fed up of having people roll their eyes whenever I mention Twilight that it will be a welcome relief to be amongst you lot. :D

I certainly dont mind the change of guests :D I also cant wait to be among people who understand twilight :D

Yess they are playing Manchester =]] Something else to look forward to, does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

According to an e-mail I got from HMV tickets, the 6 UK dates (with what looks like space in the schedule for extra dates to be slotted in if demand allows) go on sale at 9am on Friday.

Apologies to everyone else for this flagrant off-topic-ism :D

I'm gutted. I was only going to meet Kellan.

And I know we can't get a refund because it's in the T and C's but I think paying £69+ for 3 supporting actors is way too much. I'm not saying Daniel and Charlie aren't great but they are still supporting characters. I know if I didn't already have my ticket I wouldn't buy one it's just too much money.

I know it's a mini con so you shouldnt but why not add a fourth guest?

• Moderators

There was never a guarantee that there would be 3 main cast, or 2 main cast, or 1 main cast etc.

And just because they're supporting cast, it doesn't mean they're cheap to get.

You can only imagine how much Twilight guests can cost at the moment, especially if it's one of their first appearances.

As long as there's 3 guests, people are getting what they paid for.

Plus then you get the knock-on effect from ET2 attendees moaning about Proms people getting 4 guests for however much, when they only have 3 at the moment and blah blah. It's just not possible.

Edited by DavidB

I'm gutted. I was only going to meet Kellan.

And I know we can't get a refund because it's in the T and C's but I think paying £69+ for 3 supporting actors is way too much. I'm not saying Daniel and Charlie aren't great but they are still supporting characters. I know if I didn't already have my ticket I wouldn't buy one it's just too much money.

I know it's a mini con so you shouldnt but why not add a fourth guest?

Can I suggest if you are attending the event for 1 specific person , that when the ET3 tickets go on sale you dont rush in to buy if you wont be happy with any given guests.

Any con is dependant on the guests availability right up to the last minute and changes will happen .

I reckon these new guests will surpirise a lot of people and make the event memorable.

There was never a guarantee that there would be 3 main cast, or 2 main cast, or 1 main cast etc.

And just because they're supporting cast, it doesn't mean they're cheap to get.

You can only imagine how much Twilight guests can cost at the moment, especially if it's one of their first appearances.

As long as there's 3 guests, people are getting what they paid for.

Plus then you get the knock-on effect from ET2 attendees moaning about Proms people getting 4 guests for however much, when they only have 3 at the moment and blah blah. It's just not possible.

that is true about adding a 4th guest but we paid as much for our tickets as ET2 people and we have a shorter convention any way.

ALso i dont like this comparison people keep making to ET1,2,3,4 etc... its not ET full stop its its own event so with no disrespect to any one at any event why should that matter! They paid for their tickets with the guest line up not announced or not knowing how many guests so it should not stop proms adding more if they want to! not moaning at all!!! i am just saying that it shouldnt stop SM from adding more because they think et2 people will be miffed at them and its the same for all other ETS to come!

• Moderators

that is true about adding a 4th guest but we paid as much for our tickets as ET2 people and we have a shorter convention any way.

Yes, and the event was organised in that fashion right from the beginning. Everyone should have known what they were paying for, so to be suggesting another guest should be added doesn't make any sense.

ALso i dont like this comparison people keep making to ET1,2,3,4 etc... its not ET full stop its its own event so with no disrespect to any one at any event why should that matter! They paid for their tickets with the guest line up not announced or not knowing how many guests so it should not stop proms adding more if they want to! not moaning at all!!! i am just saying that it shouldnt stop SM from adding more because they think et2 people will be miffed at them and its the same for all other ETS to come!

The point is that the ET2 people booked for an event expecting a general estimate of 4-6 guests.

The Twi Proms attendees have booked on the premise that there's a 3 guest lineup. It IS its own event, and for that very reason they should stick with the plan they had for it in the first place.

People shouldn't book for one guest, as Scruffy said before. Nor should they expect an additional guest if they don't like the 3 that there are already etc.

These events are best for those who are into Twilight as a whole, and if people are after something that specific i.e. Kellan, or all main cast etc, then they should simply wait to book their tickets. It minimises the risk of getting disappointed, although there's never any way of eliminating that entirely. It's just the nature of the business, but people who love Twilight and want anything to do with Twilight at a TWILIGHT convention are the ones best off buying a ticket.

What should it matter what the guests are??

okay some some people have preferences but it is a "twilight" prom.... that means as long as there are people from the twilight saga there it doesn't matter....

i think a lot of it is because you haven't "seen" these characters yet, and i tell ya now, considering the Volturi are in the last THREE films that makes them VERY big important characters....

you that have bought a ticket and are umming and ahhing about going will regret it if you dont!

Also, it's not all about the guests...they dont make up the whole weeekend, it's also about making friends and having fun! and it will be a fun weekend!

you HAVE got what you paid for

3 guests from the twilight saga, that's all that needs to be said reeeaally...

Edited by Tiffanyy

ahaha! If you had a pound everytime I watched it you would get a pound the first time it came out at cinq then at least two pound everyday since then as I got a pirate copy (oops) as well as 3 more times at cinema and then I got the DVD and have seen it at least 70 times since then.... I dont think I should had just admitted that...

B)

ahaha! If you had a pound everytime I watched it you would get a pound the first time it came out at cinq then at least two pound everyday since then as I got a pirate copy (oops) as well as 3 more times at cinema and then I got the DVD and have seen it at least 70 times since then.... I dont think I should had just admitted that...

:firedevil:

:firedevil: My moneys on alice then! :

(Think you and dayna will be battling it out!) :YAHOO:

Am I one of the few who doesn't mind about the guest changes? :rolleyes: I bought my ticket on the strength of having a fun weekend, getting to dress up posh and meet other Twilight fans. I'm so fed up of having people roll their eyes whenever I mention Twilight that it will be a welcome relief to be amongst you lot. :P

I was gutted about the change but happy they were replaced with the Volturi as I really wanted to meet a couple of the Volturi (spesh Charlie yay!) and it will be soooooo nice be around other twihards for a whole weekend! Mum and Dad just don't understand me and Karly ha ha ha!

Lol at Rhi and Tiffany! Ha ha ha ha! I really have lost count though! Funnily enough was thinking about watching it today (haven't got to work coz my leg is sore again but felt guilty bout ringing in sick so asked to have it as a day off)!

Ya know those who have read the book Twilight will also see that the volturi were mentioned in there too and I really wish that had been included in the film as their part is bigger than some might think! It's quite significant to the saga! I feel lucky to meet them! Sorry it's always annoyed me that they weren't mentioned in Twi film.