ok news about guests at In The Shadow of the Moon

showmasters

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Daniel and Charlie in Italy so I can tell you: They are both awesome!!! Really funny and really really nice with the fans!

I hope you will be surprise, a nice surprise!

I'm so happy to see them again!

Thanks :) I'm wondering if they'll be strutting their stuff on the dancefloor lol. Saturday Night anyone?

You know what i am sooooooooooo gutted its unbeliveable.

but

SMILE :chair: these two are from twilight saga. which is the REASON this convention is here. I think they look pretty cool, cant wait to get to no more about them and still looking forward to the con without kellan *sobs* and chaske *sob*!

Thanks Sm! you still rock for getting these :) ! x

Am completely gutted about this...the whole event was sold around Kellan attending and that's now been cancelled...am sure Charlie and Daniel will be great guests and still excited to meet all 3 of them but I would NEVER EVER have paid the ticket price to meet them.

*sings* It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

Oh well I shoulda known not to get my hopes up after all the ones Kellan has cancelled in the past!

Am completely gutted about this...the whole event was sold around Kellan attending and that's now been cancelled...am sure Charlie and Daniel will be great guests and still excited to meet all 3 of them but I would NEVER EVER have paid the ticket price to meet them.

Oh well I shoulda known not to get my hopes up after all the ones Kellan has cancelled in the past!

I'm thinking there is some plus in this, in that if Kellan has cancelled so many for filming... then he'll hopefully have a lot more screen time in the films :) Here's hoping

I'm thinking there is some plus in this, in that if Kellan has cancelled so many for filming... then he'll hopefully have a lot more screen time in the films :) Here's hoping

erm... not really bothered by that but thanks for the attempt at looking on the bright side!

If from your post, I’ve read this right. The film company were aware that this was scheduled, and therefore knew that any changes would directly affect this event.

Therefore given that you’re directly promoting, and advertising their movie – isn’t it in their interest [even though they're not directly profiting from it] to keep you sweet?.

If you’ve just sat there and gone ‘oh well, we lost our guests, tough luck on those who have bought tickets already’, haven’t you sold everybody a bit short?.

Surely the studio could as a gesture of goodwill, at least help make this event special in some way, maybe even help provide an extra guest, or something similar?.

:chair:

Edited by fluffybunny

If from your post, I’ve read this right. The film company were aware that this was scheduled, and therefore knew that any changes would directly affect this event.

Therefore given that you’re directly promoting, and advertising their movie – isn’t it in their interest [even though they're not directly profiting from it] to keep you sweet?.

If you’ve just sat there and gone ‘oh well, we lost our guests, tough luck on those who have bought tickets already’, haven’t you sold everybody a bit short?.

Surely the studio could as a gesture of goodwill, at least help make this event special in some way, maybe even help provide an extra guest, or something similar?.

:thumbup:

hear hear totally agree they should give some sort of gesture as not fair on SM or us

:thumbup:

Nice post, it has however always been said that filming will always take precedent over any event be that a convention or kellan having dinner with his mother.

I agree completely that Summit should do their upmost to keep everything to schedule, with regards to both filming and promotional stuff like this twi prom, however the costs of creating any sort of film is large and so to have summit rearranging filming for an event like this is just not feasible.

They've offered us 2 amazing new guests, and I think it's the best we could hope for now given the circumstances :)

Nice post, it has however always been said that filming will always take precedent over any event be that a convention or kellan having dinner with his mother.

I agree completely that Summit should do their upmost to keep everything to schedule, with regards to both filming and promotional stuff like this twi prom, however the costs of creating any sort of film is large and so to have summit rearranging filming for an event like this is just not feasible.

They've offered us 2 amazing new guests, and I think it's the best we could hope for now given the circumstances :)

But that’s kinda my point also, the scale of the production and advertising budgets that the film company have are immense.

The cost of doing something special [given the short notice, and that the problem that has arisen is directly their fault] is such a small minuscule figure.

Showmasters could even sign agreements that this is a one off, special case.

Surly some goodwill gesture is much deserved.

Nah, Summit replaced Rachel without a second thought, they're not going to give a stuffed fig about a SM event in the UK - it's not even an official Twilight convention. We're a tadpole in a very very very large pond, if you get my drift.

We're stuffed, and there's no other way to sugar coat it. I for one, am angry, gutted and seriously considering whether to forfeit the £69 I paid and not attend - I only bought a ticket on the pretense that Kellan would be attending, and now he's not, I have no reason to go.

Nah, Summit replaced Rachel without a second thought, they're not going to give a stuffed fig about a SM event in the UK - it's not even an official Twilight convention. We're a tadpole in a very very very large pond, if you get my drift.

We're stuffed, and there's no other way to sugar coat it. I for one, am angry, gutted and seriously considering whether to forfeit the £69 I paid and not attend - I only bought a ticket on the pretense that Kellan would be attending, and now he's not, I have no reason to go.

Well, at least you didn't pay for a gold ticket. I think i've payed about 1000 pound to attend the event; tickets flight, hotels, transfer and so on..

Well I posted here last night but I feel I have to post again. To be honest I'm not as gutted as I thought I would be about Kellan and Chaske cancelling, yes they would have been fantastic to meet but I didn't go on the pretense of them going. I decided long before the event was announced that I wanted to go to the mini con after I missed out on tickets for ET1 and ET2.

I for one haven't read New Moon, Eclipse or Breaking Dawn as I want to see the movies first, okay this means a long wait to read them but I don't mind as I don't wanna ruin the films like I did with others (Harry Potter and LotR) so I have absolutely no idea who Charlie and Daniel's characters in New Moon are but I'll admit I'm really looking forwards to meeting them. Daniel for one as he was in X2 and X3 and I was a fan of the Xmen films and thought he was an awesome Colossus, I like someone else on here read his personal quote on IMDB and it sure as hell made me giggle. And Charlie I'm also looking forwards to as others on here have mentioned that they have met him before and how nice he is.

Guys I know alot of you are upset and angry but I don't really think there was anything Showmasters could do they wanted to go along with the event so everyone could have a fantastic time and I think we all will if some of you give these guests replacements and Showmasters a chance.

For those of you who decide not to go, thats your choice but don't whine when we come back and tell you what an amazing time we all had and how lovely the guests were. Also for someone like me who doesn't have alot of money and lives off benefits (due to ill health) the £69 (twice as I paid for myself and my boyfriend) is a hell of alot of money to just stick down the drain. I don't get my hopes up for conventions when it comes to guests I'm going to see my friends and family and also meet the new people I have spoken to on here since LFACC, for me the guests are just a bonus.

So come on guys, harsh to say but we all need to suck it up and just go and have a fantastic time. We'll have an amazing time and Kellan and Chaske may even be jealous when they hear from Daniel and Charlie about what an amazing time they had partying down in the UK.

Well, at least you didn't pay for a gold ticket. I think i've payed about 1000 pound to attend the event; tickets flight, hotels, transfer and so on..
I'm not pissing on anyone's bonfire here and I'm not about to start 'one upmanship' on who's lost out the most. We all have.

I'm not pissing on anyone's bonfire here and I'm not about to start 'one upmanship' on who's lost out the most. We all have.

I don't think I've lost out at all. If you're a fan of Twilight, you love everything about it, not just one actor, and i don't know about you, but I want to make Charlie & Daniel's first con amazing, and show them that the UK know how to have a good time and don't moan about something that's out of their hands.

I don't think I've lost out at all. If you're a fan of Twilight, you love everything about it, not just one actor, and i don't know about you, but I want to make Charlie & Daniel's first con amazing, and show them that the UK know how to have a good time and don't moan about something that's out of their hands.

I'm with you on this one RayRay lets show Charlie and Daniel how to have a fantastic time!!

I don't think it's right to say 'if you're a fan of Twilight you love everything about it' in this context, as if we should be 'grateful'.

SM at the end of the day is a business. SM aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, they're doing this to make money.

I, the customer, pay for a service, and if I don't get it, then I'm not gonna be too chuffed.

How big a fan of Twilight you are, really, has nothing to do with it imo.

• Showmasters Admin

I don't think it's right to say 'if you're a fan of Twilight you love everything about it' in this context, as if we should be 'grateful'.

SM at the end of the day is a business. SM aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, they're doing this to make money.

I, the customer, pay for a service, and if I don't get it, then I'm not gonna be too chuffed.

How big a fan of Twilight you are, really, has nothing to do with it imo.

I agree let's not get in to the "who's a bigger fan" etc.

I see why you are upset, you wanted to meet Kellen and now you're not. But to say that SM are not giving you want you paid for is wrong. At no point was this sold as a Twilight Prom with Kellen Lutz and two other actors from Twilight. Kellen was never a guarantee. You had your expectations set on meeting Kellen and I'm sorry that's not going to happen. But all guests are announced subject to work commitments. This has always and will always be apart of the convention/signing event scene. If you book an event based on one guest you are always opening yourself up for the chance of disappointment.

The point is you ARE getting the service you paid for. You paid for a Twilight Prom with 3 guests from the Twilight Saga. And SM are providing?

You have every right to be disappointed. I understand that you're annoyed and are just venting, but please don't try and make out that SM are just out to make money (infering we don't care about the fans) because that is wholey untrue and personally very rude toward those of us involved in the shows.

We do our best to make every show the best it can be for the fans. I for one go out of my way to make sure that everyone has the best time they can at our events. If you come I'm sure you'll have a great time. As others have said look at Muggle Mayhem and our other quieter events. All of them we've gone out of our way to make them the best they can be for the attendees and they've always come away happy. And this event is far from small. The guests may not be "your" first choice but give us a chance and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Edited by Too Tall

this is mental...

ok, im not a twilight fan, ive not read the books or seen the movies and i dont want to... but i go to SM events and read the forums coz i like to see whats going on, im nosey see...

from what i can work out though, a lot of people of here arent Twilight fans either... they are fans of one or two guys who they think are hot and that is about it!

Granted it can help the enjoyment of a movie with a bit of eye candy but surely you dont shell out loads of money just coz you fancy an actor? (i realise this isnt everyone on here btw just the impressions given by some of the people)

Anyway,

Sadly, these shows are booked around guests attending from the Twilight Saga not around one actor or character so while people are dissapointed at a guests cancellation to demand anything other than a replacement guest is just not going to happen.

Same happend when Zachary Quinto pulled out of the first Eclipse, we were all gutted but they replaced him with different guests and we all had a blast.

Fact of the matter is, anyone can pull out of a show for any reason, be it work commitments or ill health, whatever, booking to meet one person and one person only is always going to be risky. Surely you should just be grateful that Showmasters bring these guests over for you too meet and know that while a guest has appeared once and booked before that there is always a chance you will get to meet them at another event following...

Anyway, whoever is going i hope you have a great time, my neice is sure to be very jealous that is a fact!

(ps, i realise not everyone is going to like what ive written, just go easy on me ok :thumbup: )

(pps, Too Tall got in there first and said it so much better than me)

Edited by snot182

I don't know if this pic of Charlie and Ashley has been posted on here already but hey looks good to me!! :thumbup:

425_newmoon_bewley_greene_lc_082809.jpg

woo hes quite hot hahah!

I had a moan this morning, but I have been thinking about Muggle Mayhem and how much fun everyone had. Everyone moaned before that, and said they weren't coming but people who did attend had sooo much fun. More fun then at ET1! The guests were smaller, so they all attended the parties and it was much more chilled out than ET1. I know everyones gutted, I was aswell, but we just have to get dressed up and have a good time. The cons aren't just about the guests, they are about meeting other fans aswell! I do hope everyone still comes. You might kick yourself if you don't, then watch New Moon and wish you had come!

plus you would all moan if Kellan and Chaske weren't in Eclipse!!!

Edited by fran cullen

Okay, keeping my mouth shut.

But have noticed, whenever there is a probem with guests cancelling for a con, the forum for that con is flooded with people that might not have posted in it before.

I hope you are all in here to support the mods so nobody is mean to them when it is not their fault in the first place rather than just stepping in to say how childish we are for complaining. I have bitten my lip so much this morning from saying anything that I am now fit to burst! But it won't help anything by me venting too.

We all respect the work the mods do on here. I think they are all volunteers, so as long as nobody vents directly at them, no harm will be done.

Actors have schedules etc etc etc But like anything, people would be upset by any change if you had set your heart on it.

We went to see Lost Prophets some years ago and My Chemical Romance were billed as the support act.

A LOT of people booked just to see MCR but then they pulled out at the last minute. Not a problem with advertising, as it is always the header and supporting acts.

But like anything, when you have set your heart one something...........for whatever reason ........disappointment is sometimes hard to take.

I don't think we are all on this forum as drooling groupies (that is all I will say on that, and the harshest I will get - Please don't label us like that!),

I am coming to the con, cos it is a Twilight con and I have made (I hope) a lot of friends on this forum from chatting.

The guests will be who they are and will hopefully generate a good atmosphere.

However! No matter how big the guest, atmosphere could be rubbish if they sit there and do nothing, so hopefully these guys will make it interesting.

I am an assessor for new demonstrators for the Sugarcraft Guild and one of my jobs is to make sure that the new guys present an interesting, entertaining and informative demonstration. Doesn't matter how good their skills are if they send everyone to sleep.

If we go and these guys interact well with each other, then it could still be a great weekend.

That is what I am now hoping for.

(Of course, not looking forward to telling my two sons when they get home from school in a couple of hours, children do not understand about acting schedules, well, even if they are, disappointment from a child does not get hidden...........no stiff upperlip and all that)