Party Outfits (themes discussion)

Harriettaa

Us men also put our arm around people, but with the guys I usually have my arm around them on the shoulder, and they do the same.

With the women I put my arm around their mid-section (not too high that I may accidentally catch something lol and not low enough to accidentally place my hand on their behind lol)

You'll be fine!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit nervous though, as I would love a hug from Liz in her photoshoot, but as a guy asking a girl it feels a bit odd lol May just ask anyway lol

I'm sure she won't mind, she'll probably be flattered and happy to let you hug her. :smile:B)

Edited by Doctor Who

Woo! My black 'dinner' jacket for my formal doctor costume turned up today!

Apart from the grey converse for the St Trinians Doctor, I am sorted costume-wise for the whole weekend.

Just need to buy certain other things to take with me and I'm ready to pack!

Woo! My black 'dinner' jacket for my formal doctor costume turned up today!

Apart from the grey converse for the St Trinians Doctor, I am sorted costume-wise for the whole weekend.

Just need to buy certain other things to take with me and I'm ready to pack!

BeatrixKiddo88, can I just say my partner and I saw you at the last Hub and thought you were absolutely brilliant. Couldn't get over how spot-on you'd gotten not only the gear, but DT's Doctor mannerisms, as well.

Looking through this thread, I'm amazed by the lengths people go to, the details people incorporate to cosplay. So many of you here, we've seen at previous Hubs and always find it incredibly, I don't know, cool? Really looking forward to seeing the results of everyone's planning!

Hair is probably one of the hardest aspects of cosplay to get right and can sometimes make or break the costume (I've just spent ages styling my wig properly, I just hope I can get it there without undoing everything!).

The devil's in the detail as they say.

hooray for hair going right!

And I can't wait to see everyone elses costumes, and how many people will be dressing up!

I've just bought a book to help me make my hat for the Firday night, and I'm FINALLY getting rollers to work in my hair. My original idea for the Saturday party went to pieces, and I still have no idea what to wear on the Sunday night.

Yeah hair can be a right pain lol

And with the Doctor, he changes his style slightly between each series, making it even harder to pin down.

Watching 'Voyage of the damned' for my formal cosplay, I noticed he dosnt really 'spike' his hair like lots of us doctor cosplayers do, he more sweeps it to one side and then sorta ruffles it to give it the look.

Tried just now, and apart from my hair being a bit short, that works quite well. Just need to dye it again a few days before the con (make sure the colour is at its best). Trying the next shade down with the brown this time, as the other wasnt taking anymore (my hair is pretty light naturally)

You know as I'll be dressed as the doctor I should really learn and do the dance.

BUT, I seem to have an alergy to group dances, such as doctor'in or the macerena lol Even with months of practise I can never do it.

SO, how about I just slink away when I hear it start and get myself a nice, large drink while y'all dance lol

That's actually rather nice, I say if you've got the figure for it, go for it! :P

EDIT: I prefer the first, imo if you're going to go for the proper slave leia look, it would be worth shelling out a bit more to get a more accurate costume. But that's just my opinion, I like things being pretty much completely accurate or an obvious adaptation ;)

You have 15 days to learn it ;D

I learnt that when they first posted it ;)

I love group dances, it means I don't feel like an idiot as I really can't dance unless I have set moves to perform lol. But on the downside, at parties at uni I'm usually the only one who can remember the dance to 5,6,7,8 and Saturday Night....and various spice girls songs...I loved discos when I was younger! :o

Edited by lizzy88

I love group dances, it means I don't feel like an idiot as I really can't dance unless I have set moves to perform lol. But on the downside, at parties at uni I'm usually the only one who can remember the dance to 5,6,7,8 and Saturday Night....and various spice girls songs...I loved discos when I was younger! :P

I really need to learn those dances :/

Maybe I could get a private tutoring in the hotel room haha

That's actually rather nice, I say if you've got the figure for it, go for it! :P

EDIT: I prefer the first, imo if you're going to go for the proper slave leia look, it would be worth shelling out a bit more to get a more accurate costume. But that's just my opinion, I like things being pretty much completely accurate or an obvious adaptation ;)

hahahahaa, I don't have the figure for it my boobs could do with a huge implant to make it slightly look right. Otherwise have too skinny a figure with a stomach that can rival DT's in how much food it can consume.

I love group dances, it means I don't feel like an idiot as I really can't dance unless I have set moves to perform lol. But on the downside, at parties at uni I'm usually the only one who can remember the dance to 5,6,7,8 and Saturday Night....and various spice girls songs...I loved discos when I was younger! :D

Those are the only dances I know...

I always get bits of the group dances wrong but I still do them anyway. It's how you learn and it's a laugh. Not everyone's gonna get it perfect, especially if there's alcohol involved lol. My mate, Stacey, dropped me on the dancefloor last time on Sunday. XD