Party Outfits (themes discussion)

Harriettaa

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*panic* I have tried on loads of costumes for sat and none are right..running out of time.

You've got just over a month left! Plenty of time left. Don't panic, honey! :D

I'm sorted for Friday night and I'm just waiting for my shoes and to get my hands on some acetate for my Saturday outfit :)

Thanks to a fic I read today & everyone talking about how they can't wear f*ck-me pumps I've decided I just absolutely HAVE to get a pair for Friday night. Now to figure out something to wear with them 'cause lord knows I don't want everyone running screaming w/ terror if that's all I wore. :D

And yes I will have a pair of non-heels stashed because it's been way too long since I've worn killer pumps for any length of time while standing.

Morgan

Don't say that! It's almost as bad as "What can possibly go wrong!" :D

Now y'all have done it! *looks around furtively*

Morgan

Thanks to a fic I read today & everyone talking about how they can't wear f*ck-me pumps I've decided I just absolutely HAVE to get a pair for Friday night. Now to figure out something to wear with them 'cause lord knows I don't want everyone running screaming w/ terror if that's all I wore. :poki:

And yes I will have a pair of non-heels stashed because it's been way too long since I've worn killer pumps for any length of time while standing.

Morgan

Don't say that! It's almost as bad as "What can possibly go wrong!" :unsure:

Now y'all have done it! *looks around furtively*

Morgan

I can see things going spam up and ending up walking around in my underwear =p

You've got just over a month left!

Don't. Say. That.

I'll say what I like, thanks. For the Hub2 I didn't get my costume together till 2 weeks before the event and they were fine (Victorian Prostitue and a belly dancer). Ebay is your friend :)

hi all first time going to con been reading all your posts and i see your excited as me and my bf got our tictets the other day st325 and st 335 any good ideas for a first timer for fri,sat prob got sunday nite covered lol thx in advance kay :vader::lol:

and i am her loving bf :P who paid for this lol am getting excited as well to be honest from wat ive read there are mixed ages here arent they lol

from wat ive read there are mixed ages here arent they lol

Yep! Everything from teeny boppers to old fogies. :YAHOO: What's not so mixed is the male/female ratio. That's still skewed very heavily in our (the girls) favor. Which is such a switch from when I started going to cons way too many years ago. Back then (in the dark ages) it always seemed like there were at least twice as many guys as girls.

Morgan

Welcome to the forum the new mrs barrowman and makarata. :YAHOO: I'd suggest some ideas for your costumes but I can't think of any at the moment lol. I hope you enjoy posting on these boards anyway and enjoy the event too. :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

Welcome to the forum the new mrs barrowman and makarata. :lol: I'd suggest some ideas for your costumes but I can't think of any at the moment lol. I hope you enjoy posting on these boards anyway and enjoy the event too. :chair:

thank u for the warm welcome will think of something lol still got over a month only found out about this event on the 3rd sept lol

so i have not had to wait to long lol

Welcome to the forum the new mrs barrowman and makarata. :lol: I'd suggest some ideas for your costumes but I can't think of any at the moment lol. I hope you enjoy posting on these boards anyway and enjoy the event too. :chair:

thank u for the warm welcome will think of something lol still got over a month only found out about this event on the 3rd sept lol

so i have not had to wait to long lol

Go with what your comfortable with, if you want specifics then think of your favourite things and work around that, at Hub 1 I went as Cleopatra cos I love Ancient Egypt.

Hope this helps.

I'm so pleased, my outfits are finally starting to come together. Bought my make-up and some material today, and got a couple of things coming in the post on Monday. Wheee I'm excited! Still not saying what I'm doing yet incase it falls through and have to come up with something else. How's everyone else progressing?

Finished the initial sewing on my Queen of Hearts dress.....and somehow made it 2 sizes too big and about a foot too long. Not quite sure how that happened. LOL Easily fixable though with a few nips and tucks and cutting a boatload of fabric off the bottom. :)

Finished the initial sewing on my Queen of Hearts dress.....and somehow made it 2 sizes too big and about a foot too long. Not quite sure how that happened. LOL Easily fixable though with a few nips and tucks and cutting a boatload of fabric off the bottom. :)

Better too big than too small!

I know what that's like! You have my sympathy. On the bright side, though, if you threw the boatloads of fabric you had to cut off at me, I could wrap myself (or at least my arm) in it and go as a sort of gussied-up mummy...

(Totally pathetic, I know.)