Guest Price Estimates

autograph_fanatic

• Moderators

You really think Edward Fox will be as high as £25? He's a very prolific signer at theatres up and down the country.

I don't think that really makes a difference. You get plenty of people who sign at theatres, or at premieres etc - say John Hurt for example - but are rare at signing events, and that's really the important point.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow must say im shocked by how much Tom Stafford is in the pre-order section, £170. I know he is rare but come on is that not a little OTT. Not even Jim Lovell was that much when he did his first UK show and he has flown just as many missions at Stafford and more famous ones at that!!

Will he be £170 at the show? And this is just a pre-order price?

Will he be £170 at the show? And this is just a pre-order price?

It is stated that his prices will have parity with the recent ASF mail in prices. let's not forget that they had additional mission fee of $30 (=£18). So could we be paying even higher than £170?

By the way, I am not complaining, just trying to figure out the amount of cash to take. I am delighted he is coming. I just keep saying to myself (rather smugly) that I am being pretty generous this year with my charitable donations!

It is stated that his prices will have parity with the recent ASF mail in prices. let's not forget that they had additional mission fee of $30 (=£18). So could we be paying even higher than £170?

You need to buy tickets for Autographica as well. That would make up for the admission fee.

You need to buy tickets for Autographica as well. That would make up for the admission fee.

I think you misread what he put he said additional mission fee (which I presume is an additional fee for adding the mission on the autograph) not admission fee.

I think you misread what he put he said additional mission fee (which I presume is an additional fee for adding the mission on the autograph) not admission fee.

:lol: Thank you. I shouldn't post when I am running low on caffeine. Somehow "additional mission fee" turned into "admission fee" when I read the other post first. Sorry descartes!

Just be glad you aren't after Buzz these days.. 350 a throw so I understand.... and they grouched at 80!

Buzz will be Buzz, he has always tended to put his price up as he got older.

Only good thing with Tom is where the money is going, at least they are being upfront, more often then not they say the money is being given away but never say where to.

As much as i know its very high, and will pay it I do think in comparision to other first time guest in the UK he is very very high.

I agree-the price is insanely high but as it's our last chance to get anything signed by him EVER in person,I think it's worth it even if it will be heart-wrenching to hand over the money on the day..

Shane :)

You really think Edward Fox will be as high as £25? He's a very prolific signer at theatres up and down the country.

I think so. I'd rather say something like that than say a lower autograph price, as someone is bound to respond and say "you are wrong" etc. I'm assuming Edward Fox has not done many or any signing events, in the UK or worldwide.

Edited by SunSpeed

As much as i know its very high, and will pay it I do think in comparision to other first time guest in the UK he is very very high.

I agree-the price is insanely high but as it's our last chance to get anything signed by him EVER in person,I think it's worth it even if it will be heart-wrenching to hand over the money on the day..

Shane :)

Even though I would never risk not getting him, I never beleave them now when they say this is the last time or any chance to get a autograph etc etc.

I remember the same things being said about Dave Scott and Jim Lovell and look at how many times they have been back!! Basicly I do think you can never say never any more when it comes to signing event, once a person sees the money they can make from them, they come back!!

• Showmasters Admin

Let,s clear this up then shall we.

General Tom Stafford has informed us this will be his last ever signing outside the U.S

If you do not want to believe that it is up to you.

And by the way if i say something on this forum it is the truth as relayed to me directly.

I would never say something just to get people to come to this event if it was not the information that has been made available to us.

Miss him at your peril. As with all these guys they are not getting any younger. Enough said i feel.

Dave

Dave

Was not getting at you, in fact I think it is a complement to the shows you put on that the guest like it so much they come back even when it might orginally of been a one time deal. Also as I said, not a chance in hell I will risk missing him, but the point I was making is that 170 pounds a signature is very high compared with ANY in person signing done in the UK by people at his level.

At the end of the day it is what it is, maybe if he hadn't already done the mail in signing with the ASF the fees might have been lower. Since he's already carried that signing out it was always unlikely that to meet him in person was going to be cheaper.

Think of it this way, imagine you had paid £175 plus shipping etc to the UK, then found out that for much less money you could have had the same item signed in person for less money only a few months later. I know if that happened to me I wouldn't be at all happy.

I think the thing with astronauts is that they know they are in control with things like this. They know how much their peers charge at events and in the case of someone like Tom Stafford who is not a frequent signer at events such as this, he will know that it is possible for him to command a higher fee.

Personally I would be far more disappointed if Dave said in six months time that he could have got Stafford over for this event but declined because of his fee. Like I said earlier, at least this gives everyone the oppourtunity to make their own decision.

£170, if that's what it's going to be, is too expensive I agree, especially with a recession on. I'd like Tom to sign 4 things for me, but if that's his price it's going to be just the 1. But I'm still going to pay.

Alas I don't think his queue is going to be very big, remember Dave Scott and Jim Lovell and their prices? If those three dropped their prices to a reasonable figure the queues would be soooo much longer!

• Showmasters Admin

You have hit the nail on the head there Paul.

I mulled this one over for a long time and came to that very same conclusion. Would i regret not bringing him over because of the fees. The conclusion i came to is i think i would rather see him at that fee than not at all. It is a considered decision because i didn,t want to regret it two years down the line.

When we lost Pete Conrad and Gordon Cooper very soon after signing them i was determined to get these guys over before it is too late.

Dave

You have hit the nail on the head there Paul.

I mulled this one over for a long time and came to that very same conclusion. Would i regret not bringing him over because of the fees. The conclusion i came to is i think i would rather see him at that fee than not at all. It is a considered decision because i didn,t want to regret it two years down the line.

When we lost Pete Conrad and Gordon Cooper very soon after signing them i was determined to get these guys over before it is too late.

Dave

Gosh you had Pete Conrad lined up? I never knew that. One of my major regrets, not getting to meet my fave astro :poki:

Yeah Dave-Paul basically summed it all up in his last post.

Although we have all been complaining and moaning about Stafford's fee (myself included) I am very grateful to you for getting him to attend my first Autographica. I too have a few items I'd like signed by him, but of course his fee now means I'll only get one,but at least we'll all get the once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet this great man (and all the others at that.)

This is the first time I am going to meet ANY astronauts,& I never thought I'd meet General Stafford to be honest unless I went to a show in the States,& even then he probably wouldn't attend!

As you said,these guys are not getting any younger,& I think many people who don't get his autograph at this event will regret it a few years down the line..so thank you for this wonderful oppurtunity!

Best Wishes,Shane! :D:D:D

Well thats me out £170 for General Stafford, i guess the photo session will be busy as no matter what amount of overtime I do this is just way and not speaking for them others can afford this over the top price. Yep its way out of my price bracket (unless I win the lottery between now and the show)... Please give us less fortunate a chance.

Please give us less fortunate a chance.

Well,to be honest with you I am 16 years old so I'm not exactly shall we say financially table - however,I know what to spend my little money on,and a chance like this doesn't come around very often so I'm going to take it..

Overtime??...I don't even HAVE a job! :D

Well thats me out £170 for General Stafford, i guess the photo session will be busy as no matter what amount of overtime I do this is just way and not speaking for them others can afford this over the top price. Yep its way out of my price bracket (unless I win the lottery between now and the show)... Please give us less fortunate a chance.

Haven't you answered your own point there? There is the much cheaper option of a photoshoot for those that don't want or aren't able to pay for an autograph. That photo will give you something that is totally unique to you so I would think that is a very good option to have.

Maybe you could try Ebay if they become available after the show.

Sometimes dealers, tend to sell, particularly those they have big batches of sigs from, cheaper thus picking up a bargain?

Edited by Autograph Fanatic

• Showmasters Admin

Hi There

Let me get this straight.

The dealer buys a signature at £170 then sells it on ebay cheaper.

Duh !!!!!!!!

That makes sound financial sense.

It kind of also goes against everything that people visit the show for.

If you just want a signature you can buy one on ebay but most people want to meet the astronauts and have that special time with them.

Dave