Swine Flu.

ilovejohnbarrowman

I might have it as I've started to eat potato skins and sniff out truffles! I'll bring it with me on Saturday. :thumbup:

Seriously though alot of people at work are catching it or already have it and are just getting over it themselves without treatment. The impression being given by the medical staff here is that the majority of people will catch it and will just shake it off like a cold. the problem seems to be if there are any other underlying medical conditions.

It's becoming really common now. I think everyone knows some one who has it or has it themselves.

I was diagnosed on Tuesday and I'm in isolation now :(

Anyone else have it?

It feels really terrible, so be nice to people you know who have it B)

x

so sorry to hear you have swine flu get well soon take care

Aww, get well soon B)

There seems to be a lot of people I know or friends of friends who have it. My friend phoned me today (sounding awful) to tell me she had been diagnosed with it this morning and she is now in isolation. I'm hoping I don't get it, but I always seem to get colds and stuff and I'm starting to feel a bit ill which is worrying. I'm staying in the house this evening just in case...

Edited by Laurenx

Quite a number of people have seasonal flu, but due to no more testing like they did when it first kicked off - they now only do it to test it's strength in sporadic cases - Doctors etc are airing on the side of caution and saying it is Swine Flu and giving out Tamiflu.

Edited by Will Jones

One of my family friends was diagnosed on Tuesday, she was the first kid in our school to get it, and now my brother, who is a close friend of hers is feeling really ill. But I have kept away from him, at least till LFCC is over! haha.

Hope you get well soon. :)

oh gosh i hope you get well soon, i dont know anyone whos had it yet

Well I was told by the doctor that once my temperature had gone down I was okay to go out again so I guess I was "contagious" for about about a week. However it's two weeks later and I do still feel quite rough and very tired all the time.

Quite a number of people have seasonal flu, but due to no more testing like they did when it first kicked off - they now only do it to test it's strength in sporadic cases - Doctors etc are airing on the side of caution and saying it is Swine Flu and giving out Tamiflu.

They did a swab and a blood test on me, I don't have anything like heart or lung problems but I have lots of little underlying health issues and I came up on my recors as being "delocate", so I had to go back to the doctors a few times to be checked lol.

The doctors couldn't give me tamiflu either, because I'm allergic to most medication and if I took it and had an allergy I would have probably been in hospial :D:P

But I'm better now :D

Feel 100% for the fist time in about 2 weeks! :D

But also bad news for people who get it. If you have it now, it does NOT make you immune to the worse strain coming through in Autumn/Winter, because it will have changed or evolved by then. :o:(

Sorry :P

• 2 weeks later...

to everyone who has it, I hope you get better soon!

Lots of people I know have it, but me, being the person who usually gets ill, haven't had it yet. I thought I'd caught it after LFCC but that was just a sore throat and sniffles lol, it didn't develop into anything luckily.

to everyone who has it, I hope you get better soon!

Lots of people I know have it, but me, being the person who usually gets ill, haven't had it yet. I thought I'd caught it after LFCC but that was just a sore throat and sniffles lol, it didn't develop into anything luckily.

I to catch stuff very easily and if there was anyone who would have caught it

it's me luckily i havent.