TORCHWOOD FANS

gidda1974

DVDs need to be bought on the day. This was confirmed by someone who talked to HMV on another site.

Yeah, thank you for confirming. If this goes ahead and I manage to go to Cardiff, I think the possibility will be that I won't limited to Manchester conventions anymore which means that I'll be able to attend more SM events, yay. This really would make my year if I could go and as well as meeting three fantastic people, it would also open up future possibilities. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Somewhat confused about the cardiff one being as theres no wristbands. Do you reckon you buy the DVd during the day or buy it when they are there? Like just before meeting them?

Also, what if they run out of DVDs? :-/

Somewhat confused about the cardiff one being as theres no wristbands. Do you reckon you buy the DVd during the day or buy it when they are there? Like just before meeting them?

Also, what if they run out of DVDs? :-/

Hmm, I'd expect that they'd get enough stock in but I suppose if you're worried you could ring up and ask them to reserve you a DVD. About the wristbands for the London signing, I'm not sure, perhaps it's because of a time limit as they'll need to get to Cardiff for the afternoon. With the wristband method, it means that they'll be able to limit the amount of people queing and it would also probably guarantee that everyone with a wristband would be able to meet and greet all three of them. In Cardiff, they can probably over-run slightly more as they aren't rushed to get to another location later in the day and if I'm correct, some of the three live in Cardiff and therefore won't have to travel as far home. Hope that helps. :dance:

• Moderators

Oh. My. Gosh. :P

You have no idea how much i wanna go to this. Only problem is i don't think i'll be able to get down there in time cos my train gets in bout midday. What time do you reckon they will stay til? :lol:

Assuming you mean the London one, you need a wristband from 9am to get in anyway, so turning up at midday wouldn't be any good.

Cheers, your probably right. I believe the signing in cardiff only lasts an hour mind, 5-6 as the shop shuts. Have to get there nice and early!

Oh wow, thanks for that, I didn't know it was only an hour signing. I'll make sure I get there in plenty of time then if I go. The last thing I would want to happen is to travel all that way to find out I won't be able to see them and then travel all that way back. That would be a nightmare. At the moment, I'm still waiting to hear back from my friends to see if they can go but they said they would love to and that their parents would probably let them. :lol:

Assuming you mean the London one, you need a wristband from 9am to get in anyway, so turning up at midday wouldn't be any good.

Yeah, that's the same reason why I won't be able to attend the London one either. It's pretty much impossible that I would get there in time for a wristband so I'm going to try Cardiff if I can go as that signing is at a later time and Cardiff is closer to Manchester than London. Good luck to everyone who is going, I hope you all get to meet them. Fingers crossed, I will too. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

I REALLY wanted to go, and really thought I would be able to.....

but its my last day of school for this year, so not only am i only there for 3 hours, but I won't be learning anything, but my mum said no, she doesn't want to condone something that is practically truenting.

I understand and respect what shes saying, i dont like it :unsure:, but i respect it...

Tell them Natalie said Hi :(

lol

xx

There is no way in hell I could go, I hope they add a date on for Glasgow. Last time I travelled to Cardiff for John Barrowman book signing and then he added dates on for Scotland so don't think I'll risk it this time.

Lets hope the idiot protestors don't get arm bands.

I REALLY wanted to go! And just needed to find someone to go with, which I think I was about to do.

But today i was diagnosed with Swine Flu and I've been put in isolation for a week.

So it's not going to be happening :headscratch:

And I would feel pretty bad if I gave John, Gareth or Eve swine flu aswell :clap:

I am truely gutted though :dance:

Hopefully they'll be doing another one? :YAHOO:

x

I REALLY wanted to go! And just needed to find someone to go with, which I think I was about to do.

But today i was diagnosed with Swine Flu and I've been put in isolation for a week.

So it's not going to be happening ;)

I'm really sorry to hear about that and I hope you get better soon. While I don't think they'll do more of these signings, I'm sure all three of the guests may do more conventions or signing events in the future. One of your best bets is probably The Hub which is run by Massive Events, it currently has John Barrowman lined up so that's already one of the guests. ^_^

Edited by Doctor Who

So it's not going to be happening :thumbup:

I'm really sorry to hear about that and I hope you get better soon. While I don't think they'll do more of these signings, I'm sure all three of the guests may do more conventions or signing events in the future. One of your best bets is probably The Hub which is run by Massive Events, it currently has John Barrowman lined up so that's already one of the guests. :D

Hi Everyone,. I posted information on Hub 3 website, Anyone going to Cardiff for the signing of the DVD they are landing in a Helicopter near the Hub in Cardiff Bay before going onto the HMV store in Cardiff High Street tommorow. So that maybe a great photo opportunity for all Torchwood fans, they are flying up from London when they finish signing there. THEY ARE COMING, THEY ARE COMING, THEY ARE COMING. TOMMOROW. julie-t :D:D

I probably won't be going now - it's meant to rain loads on Friday morning, and tbh I don't want to be sitting in the rain waiting for a wristband I probably won't be in time to get, even if I do get the first train of the day into london. To anyone going though, have fun and good luck!

I probably won't be going now - it's meant to rain loads on Friday morning, and tbh I don't want to be sitting in the rain waiting for a wristband I probably won't be in time to get, even if I do get the first train of the day into london. To anyone going though, have fun and good luck!

I probably won't be going now either but for different reasons. I've never travelled away from Manchester and me and my friends were planning on going. Everyone's parents were fine with it apart from mine who wanted an adult to accompany us. We found an adult who was a Torchwood fan and willing to go but unfortunately she is now ill and can't come with us. Unfortunately, unless she rings up later today to tell us that she is better and well enough to take us, that means we won't be going. :( On the plus side, my mum said I can look into going to The Hub 3. B)

Edited by Doctor Who

usually with signings I think you're meant to buy it there, as that's pretty much the point to bring in money for the venue. But yeah, I'd reccommed ringing up before to find out just in case.

Well the dude in Cardiff told me and my mate on Monday, as long as we keep the recipt of percase, then we can still get it signed, as we brought it from there anyway just on a different day!

I dunno about London though, though someone said to me on Facebook that you didnt have to buy it from there.... So I am confussed on that front...

But as DavidB has pointed out 'YOU NEED TO GET IT ON THE DAY....' - but with Cardiff, I am unsure! :S

Edited by DarknessHayz

Whoot... :thumbup:

Wife and Daughter got there just in time to get their wrist bands - and have picked up a DVD & Blueray - So fingers crossed - by 2pm we will have the goods - signed as well...

Excelent... :dance:

Hope Eve is not too tired for Sunday - LFCC....

Whoot... :D

Wife and Daughter got there just in time to get their wrist bands - and have picked up a DVD & Blueray - So fingers crossed - by 2pm we will have the goods - signed as well...

Excelent... :firedevil:

Hope Eve is not too tired for Sunday - LFCC....

fantastic, I hope they're having a brilliant time :gorgeous: What time did they get there?

I went to the Cardiff one and it was fantastic! I waited nearly 5 hours and due to the number of people there, people were rushed through, I only had time to see the three of them laughing and messing around, get the dvd signed and ask them all how they were, but I left there with this huge sense of joy, ha, it was so strange how meeting those 3 people so quickly made me so happy. Fantastic and well worth the effort.