Anyone been watching Britains Got Talent?

Avengers7

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked that people liked Diversity so much. Flawless were the MUCH better technical dancers and their performance had excellent characterisation, choreography to the music and story.

Diversity's wasn't choreographed to the music, had no story, and was technically flawed. It could have been performed to any piece of music.

I agree with you, I'd not seen either Flawless or Diversity perform before but for me Flawless seemed a cohrent performance which linked together, Diversity just seemed a collection of moves all bundled in together. I couldn't quite see how the Superman thing connected with the BGT judges buzzers for example. That said I'm not much of a one for dancing and dance groups so I won't really pretend to know what the experts would be looking for in a performance like that.

Was it just me or did Susan Boyle look genuinley relieved not to have won?

I thought that as well, probably hoping the mayham around her will finally be over...

I'm shocked that people liked Diversity so much. Flawless were the MUCH better technical dancers and their performance had excellent characterisation, choreography to the music and story.

Diversity's wasn't choreographed to the music, had no story, and was technically flawed. It could have been performed to any piece of music.

I agree with you, I'd not seen either Flawless or Diversity perform before but for me Flawless seemed a cohrent performance which linked together, Diversity just seemed a collection of moves all bundled in together. I couldn't quite see how the Superman thing connected with the BGT judges buzzers for example. That said I'm not much of a one for dancing and dance groups so I won't really pretend to know what the experts would be looking for in a performance like that.

I do street dance/hip hop/urban jazz, which is their general genre. I could do, with practice, what Diversity did. I'd find it harder to do what Flawless did. Probably couldn't do it.

I thought Susan looked... actually I wondered if she was sedated or something because she looked very odd all evening.

Yip but it was different,Flawless were just giving us something you see in the background at a Michael or Janet Jackson gig,i mean they pretty much copied a bunch of Michaels signature moves.It was just another dance troupe.Sure it was technically good but it was boring,nothing new.Seen it all before.

Diversity had a mix of moves sure but it worked because it went smoothly from one to the next.It was a mash up which by definition is things that you wouldnt expect to go together but do.There was technically a hell of a lot more going on in Diversitys routine which all came together perfect.

I cant believe how much im bigging a dance troupe up but i really enjoyed their performance and i thought it was electrifying,creative and very well put together.

Im sure someone will come on and tell me its all being done in america by better crews but as im no longer "down with the kids" and dislike pretty much all modern hip hop/RnB culture ive missed out on it.

If there are so i apologise in advance, I have however seen the work of Flawless and their ilk many many many times.

Edited by Phantom

You're right. Diversity's routine was almost a direct rip from the US. I don't think they thought of anything unique except for the buzzers.

Given that both of them had ripped their routines from elsewhere, I looked only at performance quality and coherence, both of which Flawless were leagues better in.

Edited by Psychosis

You're right. Diversity's routine was almost a direct rip from the US. I don't think they thought of anything unique except for the buzzers.

Given that both of them had ripped their routines from elsewhere, I looked only at performance quality and coherence, both of which Flawless were leagues better in.

See i knew i should be more "down with the kids".

I still thought Flawless were boring however.

Diversity just seemed a bit more alternative to Flawless,a bit more street a bit more punk,less safe.

See i knew i should be more "down with the kids".

I still thought Flawless were boring however.

Diversity just seemed a bit more alternative to Flawless,a bit more street a bit more punk,less safe.

I agree - Flawless were excellent but technically Diversity were much better - worthy winners and am looking forward to seeing them on tour! :P

I thought Susan looked... actually I wondered if she was sedated or something because she looked very odd all evening.

I wonder if she had been told to tone down all the hip wiggling and what have you because it was possibly turning people against her, might have made her a lot more self conscious so she went too far the other way.

At the end after the result she started going a bit mad again including showing more of her leg off than I would ever want to see as long as I live!

I agree - Flawless were excellent but technically Diversity were much better - worthy winners and am looking forward to seeing them on tour! :D

No, technically Flawless were better.

It's okay to like Diversity more though, but Flawless WERE better technically.

I cant comment on who was better technically cos I dont know much about it but I prefered Diversity because they had more humour in their routines, and more personality. They just stood out more than Flawless did as something a bit different.

Im really pleased they won :(

and yes I thought susan looked drugged or something too.

Me and my friends hadn't been able to decide if we preferred Diversity or Flawless until tonight when we all agreed that we enjoyed Diversity's performance a lot better! I don't know why, I know I was getting a bit bored towards the end of Flawless' dance whereas Diversity just had so much going on. I guess for people who don't know that kind of dance from a technical point of view wouldn't be looking for it. Well, I guess that's obvious! (I am one for stating the obvious, sorry!)

I am so glad Diversity won though! I was watching it at the pub and everyone was so excited, it was weird!

I agree - Flawless were excellent but technically Diversity were much better - worthy winners and am looking forward to seeing them on tour! ;)

No, technically Flawless were better.

It's okay to like Diversity more though, but Flawless WERE better technically.

Thats you opinion and your entitled as I am entitled to mine!

Thats you opinion and your entitled as I am entitled to mine!

No, actually, it's a fact that Flawless were technically better dancers. I'm not talking about an opinion here, I'm talking about actual dance technicalities. As I dance myself I am capable of distinguishing between the two.

Like I said, it's fine to prefer Diversity - after all, I'm glad that they won too - but incorrect to state that Flawless are technically worse. You can like Diversity's choreography or overall performance more while still accepting the fact that Flawless individually are technically better. There's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Psychosis

No, actually, it's a fact that Flawless were technically better dancers. I'm not talking about an opinion here, I'm talking about actual dance technicalities.

Like I said, it's fine to prefer Diversity - after all, I'm glad that they won too - but incorrect to state that Flawless are technically worse.

In entertainment being technically brilliant isnt always best.

Celine Dion is a technically good singer whereas Johnny Rotten isnt.

Which of those two have albums considered all time classics one of which always appears in best of lists ?

Johnny.

And like I've repeated at least five times now, it's FINE to prefer Diversity. I was simply disputing someone incorrectly stating that they were the better technical dancers, because factually, they weren't.

And I would much rather listen to Celine Dion, though I'm a fan of neither ;) But if someone were to say that Johnny Rotten is a better technical singer, they would also be wrong. See?

And like I've repeated at least five times now, it's FINE to prefer Diversity. I was simply disputing someone incorrectly stating that they were the better technical dancers, because factually, they weren't.

And I would much rather listen to Celine Dion, though I'm a fan of neither ;) But if someone were to say that Johnny Rotten is a better technical singer, they would also be wrong. See?

I agree,

I now find myself too embarassed to talk about BGT what with me being an old ex punk.

However will there be a Big Brother thread seeing as weve had this ?

• Moderators

There is usually a BB topic that pops up yeah. Nothing too busy but it often exists.

As for who's technically better, I don't think that can ever necessarily be judged based on different performances. I find it very hard to compare different routines and decide who is 'better', and it's even harder when you're comparing completely different acts!

No, actually, it's a fact that Flawless were technically better dancers. I'm not talking about an opinion here, I'm talking about actual dance technicalities. As I dance myself I am capable of distinguishing between the two.

As a matter of interest, is that just last night, or over the entirety of the series? I don't watch it myself, but my mother wanted it recording so I had a quick peek whilst I was editing out the adverts. (and resisting the temptation to edit out the annoying Geordie dwarves :D )

You can like Diversity's choreography or overall performance more

Glad of that! Their's at least was (to me) interesting and different and quirky and funny. The Flawless one just made me yawn after about 30 seconds - as somebody said, could just be any old hoofer routine happenng behind Madonna/Whitney/Mariah etc. To be honest I don't much care for dancing anyway, but for the 90 seconds or whatever it was of performance, Diversity were diverting, whilst Flawless were tedious.

Of the 10 acts last night, I'd have been happy with any of the top 3 winning, or the 17 year old rugby player/singer. Wasn't overly impressed with either of the solo child singers (although the Welsh kid has promise if he doesn't fall into that awful trap of sliding all round a note like Whitney Houston has made popular), the solo kid dancer did nothing for me, and the two intergenerational duos struck me as novelty acts/sympathy votes which I didn't think they would have at a final. The Irish-Greek dancers were funny, but it's just one punchline and you can't keep milking that, and in the other act whilst the granddaughter can sing, granddad can't. I'm glad it's been amazing therapy for him, but again I'm amazed they got that far.

Flawless were technically better the whole way through, and to all the evidence we have they are technically better dancers. Flawless would/could/possibly did win amateur street dance competitions, where Diversity would not. Flawless's dancing was full body, whereas the vast majority of Diversity's was arm performance only.

Personally though (just personally :D I'm ending the facts here) I found Flawless's performance engaging and full of character, whereas I felt that Diversity's performance could've been any group of people anywhere flicking their arms about to any drum beat.

Edited by Psychosis

I cannot comment on the technicalities of dance, btu I can say what I liked and disliked. I found FLAWLESS a more polished routined. However, I prefered DIVERSITY as the routine had character to it that I connected with. I particularly found it funny when they did the 3 buzzers part. It showed that they could diversify in their routine to be relevant, and this was furthered by the Transformers sounds/movements inclusion as we are soon to see the release of the 2nd big screen movie.

I am glad Susan Boyle didn't win as it means someone else has a chance of getting a break. I didn't find her particularly entertaining, and I have heard better singers. I too wondered whether she was medicated as her behaviour was eratic at best.

I find the criticism levelled at Holly a bit over the top as she is a 10 year girl who let nerves get to her and became very upset when told she couldn't do it again to show she could do it. I wonder if her Mum was a pushy Mum who built her up so much that Holly knew she had to nail it. Simon Cowell made the call on his show to let her have a second chance - this has happened before on Strictly Come Dancing when Mark Ramprakash's mic got caught on his professional dance partner's outfit - and she nailed it. Last night she nailed it beautifully and will no doubt have a long career.

Aidan was good and will get work in the future. He is young and has a chance to grow in his routines.

Julian Smith will no doubt get a recording contract and "make it" rather than be the "nearly man".

Stavros Flatley will no doubt get a lot of bookings as did the Michael Jackson tribute act previously.

Shawn Smith - I think that was his name - will no doubt get an album deal and be around for a bit.

Two Grand will probably get some bookings, and the Granddaughter will no doubt move on to being a singles singer.

I wonder if her Mum was a pushy Mum who built her up so much that Holly knew she had to nail it.

I think that was pretty much my take on it, she even made some comment in her interview before her perfomance last night which indicated that might have been the case. Can't remember what the comment was now but it didn't sound quite right at the time.

Couldn't quite see why the mother had to be seen on camera waiting for her at the end of the performance either, frustrated singer herself maybe?

Flawless were technically better the whole way through, and to all the evidence we have they are technically better dancers. Flawless would/could/possibly did win amateur street dance competitions, where Diversity would not. Flawless's dancing was full body, whereas the vast majority of Diversity's was arm performance only.

Personally though (just personally :wub: I'm ending the facts here) I found Flawless's performance engaging and full of character, whereas I felt that Diversity's performance could've been any group of people anywhere flicking their arms about to any drum beat.

I agree with this comment, and i dance.

Shawn Smith - I think that was his name - will no doubt get an album deal and be around for a bit.

I doubt it.

He had zero charisma.There will be a single if hes lucky and thats it.

There were better singers in the last X Factor,that was under 7 months ago and where are that lot now?

As for the rest theyll probably pop up doing cabaret in Blackpool or something for a bit then thats it.