Announcing the "VIDEO GAMING ZONE" for this years LFCC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might not be the room but if your having a gaming section, could have a DS section in there, (not just for maybe people like Nintendo to show off there stuff) for people to play against each other if they want? It would be a great way also for people to make new friends?

I'd be up for that if it were the right game, though I have never actually played against anyone on my DS yet.

:poki:

LLAP :D

• Showmasters Admin

Starting to sound a bit like another organiser that moved away from having guests and kept saying it's not just a signing event. :unsure:

SM are definitely NOT moving away from guests.

Starting to sound a bit like another organiser that moved away from having guests and kept saying it's not just a signing event. :D

SM are definitely NOT moving away from guests.

Good, that means I don't have to hunt SM down and threaten them! :clap::D

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if there's any more information on this ?

Would like to know just how retro , the gaming could be .

I'm not personally bothered by DDR , but the idea of console gaming does appeal..

Would love to know whether console gaming would involve SNES/ PS2 era, or whether we're talking XBOX 360 and PS3 !

Just wondering if there's any more information on this ?

Would like to know just how retro , the gaming could be .

I'm not personally bothered by DDR , but the idea of console gaming does appeal..

Would love to know whether console gaming would involve SNES/ PS2 era, or whether we're talking XBOX 360 and PS3 !

Hello, I'm a member of the AL Gamers.

I'm not entirely sure why nobody from AL has replied as of yet...

Console gaming is planned to involve multiple generations. I know for sure there will be an Xbox 360, because I have nominated to bring my own. The number of consoles will more than likely depend on how many monitors are supplied, but I'm currently unsure. I personally have an NES, SNES, Mega Drive, Saturn, N64, PlayStation 2, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, Xbox & GameCube so these are definitely available.

I feel that monitoring this thread could help with decisions being made within AL Gamers so keep the suggestions coming!

Edited by speedlol!ta

Hello, I'm heading up London Film and Comic Con's anime, manga and video gaming presence this year. I'm from Animeleague, who have the UK's largest anime community, and who have teamed up with Showmasters to help to expand anime, manga and video gaming at this event. Thanks to speedlolita for drawing my attention to the questions put forth in this thread.

We have so much planned - I will give you guys a "sneak-preview" -

- Retro-Gaming - We plan to be running Megadrives, SNESes, N64es, Playstations and so forth.

- Handheld Corner - There will be an area for everyone to get together and play multi-player games on their DSes or on their PSPs. So make sure to bring your handhelds along! If enough handhelds are brought, we may even run a tournament for this.

- Latest consoles - Of course, there will be PS3, Xbox 360, Wiis and the usual garb.

- Tournaments - We have a number of gaming tournaments planned. Yes, Super Mario Smash Brothers and Mario Kart are likely to be two of them.

- DDR/Step-mania - We will have an official DDR machine, and will also be running a secondary Step-mania (we'll be using the special 4 player hack) to cater for all tastes.

In addition to this, Animeleague Gamers welcome all ideas and suggestions. We are very much a community-orientated group, and want to involve the attendees as much as possible in what we do for this. We are also taking signups to help gopher in this topic here, if anyone is interested.

Thanks everyone, we're really excited to see such a positive reception to this, and we plan to do our upmost to bring you a fantastic Video Gaming Zone this year!

Edited by FreeSaiyan

I feel so old... I don't even know what DDR is/means :thumbup:

(retro gaming for me, involves a pack of cards) :poki:

DDR = Dance Dance Revolution. You can find it in the arcades.

Trading Card-Gaming, is another activity we may well be doing in the Artist Alley, but largely depends how insanely overworked our team (there's twelve of us to act as core staff for the Video Game Zone and Artist Alley - then add on gophers on top of that) wants to make ourselves!

I feel so old... I don't even know what DDR is/means :blink:

(retro gaming for me, involves a pack of cards) :poki:

DDR = Dance Dance Revolution. You can find it in the arcades.

Trading Card-Gaming, is another activity we may well be doing in the Artist Alley, but largely depends how insanely overworked our team (there's twelve of us to act as core staff for the Video Game Zone and Artist Alley - then add on gophers on top of that) wants to make ourselves!

*laughs* thanks for the reply, I stand enlightened! (However, when i said 'cards', I meant like 'old school' cards... you know, the non-collectable, 52 in a pack, generally the same, variety) ;)

Thanks for coming on to the forums and answering. Have to admit, it'd be great to have some retro gaming on a NES or SNES !! The original Super Mario Bros was an experience !!

Certainly nice to see that others definition of retro does extend back that far as well, When this was first announced, I was concerned that it would just be DDR and the latest "in" game on either the PS3 or XBOX 360 !

Certainly nice to see that others definition of retro does extend back that far as well, When this was first announced, I was concerned that it would just be DDR and the latest "in" game on either the PS3 or XBOX 360 !

It's nice to see that others share similar opinions to myself. As far as game consoles go PS3 and Xbox 360 haven't really taken off yet in comparison to previous generations.

It would be amazing to have a strong response from the retro section.

Retro-wise I'd love to play Duck Hunt on the NES again,and I'll defintley be bringing my DS for some multiplayer games.

Some Guitar Hero/Rock Band action would be pretty cool too.

I actually want a zapper for my NES so that's definitely an option. :YAHOO:

I'll compile a list and buy games that people want, provided they're not hugely expensive.

Edited by speedlol!ta

Hubby said that you can't beat the original mario on NES

If you have megadrive, what about Pga Golf? Evander Holyfield boxing?

I remember great evenings when I was in Uni, there would be loads of us in our flat, curry, cans and PGA tournament! Scores weren't great, but the evening was! Sounds sad! But nightclubs every night of the week just doesn't happen

Edited by dragonsanddaffodils

Hello all my name is Edges and I am also one of the Organisers for AL Gamers, just letting my presence be known here and I hope to see you all at LFCC =)

If you have any suggestions for Tournaments please feel free to post them.