1920's / Baseball Playlists

breakout

To be honest i would love abit of 1920's music for well at least the first half or if not some Lounge music (the sort you would get from a dark bar where a lonely detective would sit lol). Then after abit of that jazz it up with some new stuff but to be honest and im awating the torrent of hate that may come from me saying this but i actually dont really like paramore all that much im more of a Jazz/Rave/Indie fan rather than a rock fan lol.

P.s i appologise if i got paramore's music genre wrong.

*Grabs shovel and starts digging hole*

Joe 'King' Oliver, Edward 'Kid' Ory, Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbeck, Jelly Roll Morton, Paul Whiteman, Duke Ellington & Earl 'Fatha' Hines, to name a few...

Earl Hines formed his own band in 1928, which played at the Grand Terrace in Chicago.

Over the next 20 years, many famous musicians passed through, including Dizzy Gillespie, Billy Eckstein, and Charlie "Bird" Parker.

I second Ella Fitzgerald for the 1920s party !

Ella Fitzgerald was only born in 1917, she didn't start singing professionally until the 1930's (November 1934, at age 17).

my bad! thanks. ahh well someone will just have to sing "at Last" on the karaoke, I suppose its not really a song to boogy too anyway!

How about the Chicago soundtrack? All that jazz and such?

and i've just noticed that was mentioned earlier, sorry! I'm definately not on the ball today!

To be honest i would love abit of 1920's music for well at least the first half or if not some Lounge music (the sort you would get from a dark bar where a lonely detective would sit lol). Then after abit of that jazz it up with some new stuff but to be honest and im awating the torrent of hate that may come from me saying this but i actually dont really like paramore all that much im more of a Jazz/Rave/Indie fan rather than a rock fan lol.

P.s i appologise if i got paramore's music genre wrong.

*Grabs shovel and starts digging hole*

nope totally get where your coming, i don't really like them either but my music taste is really weird, i prefer older music - my friends think im strange lol so yeh like the ideas for jazz, big band sort of stuff that would be good it would complete the theme :P

then i like the idea about playing just american stuff for the baseball one since thats their thing - muse is a must i think, also they should so totally have a hot dog stand :blink:

Edited by Lorpor

For the Baseball Party:

SWING SWING by the All American Rejects

BEATING hearts baby by Head Automatica

SMACK That by Akon (eventhough I dont really like that song at all)

I cant think of any others off the top of my head, can you tell Im avoiding revision and assignments!

Mr Grizzly Bear - Remember i've seen you dancing to Supermassive Black Hole....in fact i think i have video evidence of it!!! :(

Yes, we'll just have to burn that now wont we! lol

Anyway, you don't know my wicked dancing skills! lol

i'll prove all of you wrong! lol

Mr Grizzly Bear - Remember i've seen you dancing to Supermassive Black Hole....in fact i think i have video evidence of it!!! :(

We Shall See......between Louise and i, we have plenty of copies of that video - as well as many other twi-related antics *cough crinkly face cough* :P

Cant wait to get more evidence of your crazy dance skills :D

Edited by Awfully Small Hugely Irritating

Mr Grizzly Bear - Remember i've seen you dancing to Supermassive Black Hole....in fact i think i have video evidence of it!!! :P

We Shall See......between Louise and i, we have plenty of copies of that video - as well as many other twi-related antics *cough crinkly face cough* :D

Cant wait to get more evidence of your crazy dance skills :P

Oh, crinkly face! lol

People looking at this must think we're awfully weird.lol

You'll get a video of the best dancing known to life!!! lol

For The 1920's Playlist, I'm Thinking the Chicago Movie Soundtrack!

And For Baseball im thinkg Muse and Paramore!!!

Wat about y'all??

Yeah Chicago would be perfect for 1920's. I agree Muse and Paramore. Also Elliot Minor (if you haven't heard of them they're an awesome band from York) and Madina Lake (I think their new song would be soooo apt for New Moon. Always makes me think of the Twi Saga whenever I hear the song)!

Dayna.

For The 1920's Playlist, I'm Thinking the Chicago Movie Soundtrack!

And For Baseball im thinkg Muse and Paramore!!!

Wat about y'all??

Yeah Chicago would be perfect for 1920's. I agree Muse and Paramore. Also Elliot Minor (if you haven't heard of them they're an awesome band from York) and Madina Lake (I think their new song would be soooo apt for New Moon. Always makes me think of the Twi Saga whenever I hear the song)!

Dayna.

oooo yeah Elliot Minor remind me of Twilight too!! :lol: But I agree with you ALL there has to be Supermassive Black Hole!!!!

Chicago soundtrack for 1920's yes please! :lol: Wickedness.

And I love Elliot Minor, definitely a must. Plus, there has to be Muse and Paramore for the baseball (not just Supermassive Black Hole and Decode though! All Muse songs please. <3)

Awww yay great to see there are fellow Minor fans here!! Love those guys!

Oooh yes there should def be other Muse and Paramore songs awell as Supermassive and decode.

CrushCrushCrush by Paramore, I love it, and it kind of describes what the cullens do to the baseball everytime they hit it!

Ha ha ha it does doesn't it?! Paramore are an awesome band (although Elliot Minor are my ultimate fave) and I'd love to go see them!

Chicago soundtrack and Paramore = Win! (even though they are for different nights I know)

They couldnt be more opposite but i love them both.

For the 1920s night you could have some Christina Aguilera songs from her Back to Basics album, because those songs are inspired by that era.

For the 1920s night you could have some Christina Aguilera songs from her Back to Basics album, because those songs are inspired by that era.

Oooh yeah great idea!!

Chicago soundtrack and Paramore = Win! (even though they are for different nights I know)

They couldnt be more opposite but i love them both.

Ohh good diea