Another event for Twilight fans in the UK

showmasters

My heart is beating all fast im so excited haha.

Yeah and thats the only thngs that annoys me, the fact that they were outside Jacobs house in the first place and why he changed in front of Bella when she doesn't know about him yet. Will just have to wait and see what the rest of that scene is like.

Im going to watch it again haha.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt get why Bella and Laurent were outside Jacobs house either....

It's two different scenes - the edit makes it look like the same scene, but Bella's clothes are different in the part with her and Laurent and the part at Jacob's house.

Apparently the wolves are bigger than the angle makes them look in the trailer - Chris Weitz said horse size.

I didnt get why Bella and Laurent were outside Jacobs house either....

It's two different scenes - the edit makes it look like the same scene, but Bella's clothes are different in the part with her and Laurent and the part at Jacob's house.

Apparently the wolves are bigger than the angle makes them look in the trailer - Chris Weitz said horse size.

oooooo!GOODIE! :smile:

I REALLY dont mind if the movie is a little different from the book - i just hope they capture the intenseness and sense of loss Bella experienced even the stills of Volterra scene seem really exciting.

But its ok we've got stuff before November so its not gonna be too bad...i hope :smile:B)

Speak for yourself! B)

Unless the mini con happens before then! B)

Same here - How depressing. I'll just have to watch the trailer repeatedly (sighs miserably)! :(

I REALLY dont mind if the movie is a little different from the book - i just hope they capture the intenseness and sense of loss Bella experienced even the stills of Volterra scene seem really exciting.

Nothing can be as bad as the meadow scene in the Twilight film. The most important part of the book for me and it was crap in the film! B)

Has anyone else read the interview where they say that the ultimatum that Edward gives Bella isn't the same as in the book, i.e. Marriage? I'm so curious about what it would be then.... hmmmm...:headscratch:

Yeah I've heard about that! It annoys me that there's an alternative! Should be kept the same as in the book!

I hope they do too! I agree that just by looking at the pics of the volterra scene it seems it's really intense! Fingers crossed it'll actually be like that! I hope they include all the important scenes from the book this time! Unlike with Twilight!!

• Showmasters Admin

Sometimes films HAVE to be different to the book to make them work.

Some scenes are so based around the thoughts of Bella that on film you'd pretty much have her sat there staring at a walk for 5 minutes whilst Kirsten does a voice over of what's going on in her head. It would soon become pretty boring. So they have to change the scene so that Bella can say or act out more of her feelings. It's just one of those big differences between film and literature you can't get away from.

But I agree changing lines for no apparent reason does seem stupid.

In Twilight I still don't understand why it's Edward that said "you're my own brand of heroin", when in the book it worked sooo much better having Bella say it. It was funny and it showed that Bella understood what Edward was trying to say.

But its ok we've got stuff before November so its not gonna be too bad...i hope :uhoh::D

Speak for yourself! :(

Unless the mini con happens before then! :angel:

Same here - How depressing. I'll just have to watch the trailer repeatedly (sighs miserably)! :(

Nothing can be as bad as the meadow scene in the Twilight film. The most important part of the book for me and it was crap in the film! :WINCE:

Oh Yeah!!!...how could i forget that disappointing scene???????............ :uhoh:

Ooops - sorry re. above, I shouldnt of added to thread!!!..Durr :unsure: !!

It was amazing eh? Sooooo worth staying up till 4am for!

I have the following things to say:

1.Bella looks awesome, she finally got some dress sense

2.Edward = kiiinda thought that he looked better in twilight from what I've seen so far but am sure that the Saint Marcus day shirtless scene <~~~~ will change my mind there

3.Jacob as a wolf was fantastic but he looked a little bit cartoonish??? Anyone else think of like Garfield or something?

4.Edward vs. Jasper was my favourite thing about the whole trailer. hsfhgffadgfadfdsa.

5.Laurent looks and sounds scary as hell. But why the hell werent they in the meadow and not outside Jacob's house?

6. No volturi yet.. *cries*

7 Thank you Chris Weitz.. you the man! CANNOT WAIT for New Moon!! *squeeee* :hathor:

Am so glad someone else has comments.

My only thing with the wolf is 'Giant wolves' - and this looks like Balto on steroids - was so hoping we'd get the horse size version - yah now?Anyway, that's just my opinion,but still looks awesome.

And does anyone else feel that there actually appears to be more depth to Bella's expressions as opposed to Twilight?Maybe it's just me.

Can't wait!This is going to be awesome!

I agree with what you've said -

My poor Mum has been really ill over the last two days thats why shes not been on here and I got her out of bed to watch the trailer after I yelled up the stairs all excited..... that made her feel a lot better although the trailer made her cry (bless) then she had to watch it again, and again lol

Sometimes films HAVE to be different to the book to make them work.

Some scenes are so based around the thoughts of Bella that on film you'd pretty much have her sat there staring at a walk for 5 minutes whilst Kirsten does a voice over of what's going on in her head. It would soon become pretty boring. So they have to change the scene so that Bella can say or act out more of her feelings. It's just one of those big differences between film and literature you can't get away from.

But I agree changing lines for no apparent reason does seem stupid.

In Twilight I still don't understand why it's Edward that said "you're my own brand of heroin", when in the book it worked sooo much better having Bella say it. It was funny and it showed that Bella understood what Edward was trying to say.

*sighs* lol I know, I know things have to be changed so it works better on screen but there are just certain things that should have been kept in the film but I do understand that because it has to be cut down into like 2 hours, or what ever the average is for a film, that stuff has to change....it's just sooooo annoying! Lol! Seriously though if they had done it word for word from the book (with the exception of changing it due to Bella's thoughts not translating v well onto screen) I wouldn't care if the film took all day to watch, I'd still watch it! Lol!

Edited by twilight obsessive

*sighs* lol I know, I know things have to be changed so it works better on screen but there are just certain things that should have been kept in the film but I do understand that because it has to be cut down into like 2 hours, or what ever the average is for a film, that stuff has to change....it's just sooooo annoying! Lol! Seriously though if they had done it word for word from the book (with the exception of changing it due to Bella's thoughts not translating v well onto screen) I wouldn't care if the film took all day to watch, I'd still watch it! Lol!

I agree with you I would gladly watch a film 4 hours + long if the story is told right.

Hope your mum feels better soon Midnight Sun thought she'd been quiet!! :hathor:

Thanks for that - watching the trailer this morning did make her feel a lot better maybe she'll be on later if she's up to it.

Awwww glad it did! Nowt like a bit of twilightness to brighten your day!

Has anyone else read the interview where they say that the ultimatum that Edward gives Bella isn't the same as in the book, i.e. Marriage? I'm so curious about what it would be then.... hmmmm...:headscratch:

The whole marriage ultimatum is key to the story, they can't change that !

:jason:

Exactly! It's pivital to the story! If they change it I think that'll pee me off more than the changes that were made in Twilight! I'm wondering though if they're changing it because things get a bit steamy in BD! Godddd I really hope they keep the marriage ultimatum!

:jason::P:D

Going completely off topic.....I nearly just stabbed myself! No not on purpose! I was doing the washing up, went to put a glass on the draining board and managed to catch the underneath of my lower arm on the electric knife blade which was sticking up in the drainer tray thing! Luckily I hadn't put the glass down with much force so it was just a prik (grrr wasn't able to spell that properly....obv thought I was swearing). Still hurt though!

Edited by twilight obsessive