our good friend Andy Hallett Lorne the Host passes away

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Andy Hallett, who starred as Lorne ("the Host") on the TV series Angel, died of heart failure last night at age 33, according to his longtime agent and friend Pat Brady.

The actor passed away at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles after a five-year battle with heart disease, with his father Dave Hallett by his side.

andy01.JPG

04_andyhallett.jpg

Andy was from the Cape Cod village of Osterville, Mass.

he appeared on more than 70 episodes of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spinoff, Angel, between 2000 and 2004.

as well as being a accomplished actor he was also a musician and sang two songs ("Lady Marmalade" and "It's Not Easy Being Green") on the Angel: Live Fast, Die Never soundtrack, released in 2005.

Andy Hallett has spent his post-Angel years working on his music career, playing shows around the country. He had been admitted to the hospital three or four times in the past few years for his heart condition, according to Pat.

he was such a fun man and he will be very much missed

he was a good man

jason :help:

I'm gutted, I really am. He was such a great person to be around. I'm proud to have been able to call him a friend as well as being able to work alongside him at the shows & conventions.

He brought so much fun and laughter to everyone. :D

Edited by Jola

andy was one of the nicest people i ever met from the buffy/angel verse and i'll miss him. He was always great fun, a true professional and went that extra mile for the fans. Anyone that ever met him will have nothing but very funny and happy memories and stories to tell.

My love and thought are with his family, girlfriend and his friends at this sad time.

love you andy

Nicky x

Edited by buffy2k

I just wanted to add on here my deepest condolances to Andy's family and friends. I remember the first time I met Andy (my first ever convention in fact) - it was down in London and he was there with Mark Lutz. The two together were the funniest people I have ever seen on stage. Andy had to keep leaving the signing - he thought he had an absyss on a tooth..... he told us at a future convention it turned out to be a piece of popcorn stuck! The thing is, despite the fact he was actually in quite a bit of pain at the time, he insisted on carrying on and that he would stay late if necessary to ensure that everyone who attended got their autograph.

Andy was such a wonderful person - he was funny, considerate and friendly. I know that he will be missed by anyone who knew him. Rest in peace Andy.

Chelle x