LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT James Marsters

showmasters

hi everyone XD

ive been hoping for this news for a long time (since october 08)

i booked in october with excitment about this con. i was going regardless who was attending but now James is going its made me over the moon with joy!!!!!

i can't wait for this weekend event hehe

see you all there xxx

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guys. Met him before but he is tempting me to come now.

But also, 'first real convention in a very very long time'???

I dont consider last may's CM MK a 'very very' long time ago, stop making me feel old lol

The last convention James did in the UK was in York in 2004.

Still deciding,

Stephen

Edited by Too Tall

Guys, we're not supposed to mention other cons by name on this board.

And I'd agree that this is James' first "real" con in the UK in a very long time, but then I'd define a "real" con as a full 3 day weekend where everything happens in a single hotel where almost everyone's staying. There's a totally different vibe to these things, especially in the UK where it completely turns into a three day party. James' last one of these was a con that I wouldn't want to name even if it was allowed. That was in 2003.

Stephen, you should come! This is going to be a different vibe to other cons he's done lately. Plus, come party with us! You wont regret it!

lol after reading the comments about mine, I now know that even though I have been to every MK event since CM2, plus loads of the others, that going to the Hub 2 was my only convention ever lol

And I consider myself a veteran :D

If it has guests AND dealers AND is over more than one day, its a convention for me. Hell, London Film and Comic CON has it in the title, but by the logic on here ISNT a con lol

lol after reading the comments about mine, I now know that even though I have been to every MK event since CM2, plus loads of the others, that going to the Hub 2 was my only convention ever lol

And I consider myself a veteran :angel:

If it has guests AND dealers AND is over more than one day, its a convention for me. Hell, London Film and Comic CON has it in the title, but by the logic on here ISNT a con lol

i totally agree with u. ive been to collectormania and im going to hallowhedon but i class them both as conventions. maybe its something to do with the fact hallowhedon is a private con rather then collectormania con that is free n open to general public :-S i dunno, i like for someone to explain the difference!

i think you pretty much sumed it up from what i can gather, signing events are open to as man people as they an get in the buliding, and as mk whoevers shopping too.. and your no garenteed to see the guest you wanna see bevause of the ticket numbers and q's

but with a ME convention, its a limited number, with a set theme where your garenteed to meet and greet all the the guests.

• Moderators

Yeah I'd go for something like:

Signing event - day entry fee, often in a hall, focus on autograph signings primarily (but not guaranteed), large and wide guest list.

Convention - weekend pass, generally hotel based, guaranteed to get all that's included with the pass i.e. autographs, photo shoots, talks etc, with a smaller but more focused lineup.

Yeah I'd go for something like:

Signing event - day entry fee, often in a hall, focus on autograph signings primarily (but not guaranteed), large and wide guest list.

Convention - weekend pass, generally hotel based, guaranteed to get all that's included with the pass i.e. autographs, photo shoots, talks etc, with a smaller but more focused lineup.

thank you

looks like my random guess was quite right lol so ive been to signings before and hallowhedon will be my first convention :D ooooh its my 'first' time haha