We need Freema at Hub3

Avengers7

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my first post on the hub 3 forum!! :D

and i agree, i really think we should have freema there, although, (not including john) im really exctited about meeting daniella denby-ashe, (i hope i spelt that right) because i LOVE my family(TV programme) and i really want to meet her cos she was in it....!!!

Edited by torchwoodangel93

Black sheep, here.

I'm sure that Freema's lovely, and I'd love to meet her someday, but I always feel a bit awkward about her appearances in Torchwood, as Martha was rather shoehorned in and (I thought) interfered with, rather than enhanced, the TW storylines. Since she plays a DW character and people can potentially meet her at DW conventions and other signing events, she's not near the top of my wish list for The Hub [x] when there are so many other brilliant possibilities of guests who are so much more integral to Torchwood.

I wouldn't like her here. Sorry, but she's a Doctor Who Character! She was in Torchwood for a few episodes. Why waste a spot like this when we could have Tom Price or Matt Rippy (And his Trippy Nippy) again!

I wouldn't mind meeting her, but I do agree with you. I would much rather have Tom or Matt. Heck, they could probably afford both of them for the same price as Freema. :smile:

I think Freema is lovely and I do want to meet her, but I'm conscious of the fact that we've already got one 'big' guest in John, along with a couple of 'minor' guests in the others. I'd prefer the remainder to be people on the same level as Kai or Gareth or Tom - not too 'big' so that they can't hang out at the parties but not too minor either.

I wouldn't like her here. Sorry, but she's a Doctor Who Character! She was in Torchwood for a few episodes. Why waste a spot like this when we could have Tom Price or Matt Rippy (And his Trippy Nippy) again!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Freema been in more episodes of Torchwood than Matt Rippy? Or Daniela Denby-Ashe, Nikki Amuka-Bird and Lara Phillipart for that matter?

I'm not complaining; I think they're all great guests, but I also think Freema would be a great guest. If you ask me anyone who has appeared in Torchwood would be great at the event. But I do find it strange that you think Freema would be 'wasted' upon the event because her appearances in Torchwood only lasted a few episodes, and you think Matt Rippy (who was only in one episode) would not be 'wasted'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Freema been in more episodes of Torchwood than Matt Rippy? Or Daniela Denby-Ashe, Nikki Amuka-Bird and Lara Phillipart for that matter?

I'm not complaining; I think they're all great guests, but I also think Freema would be a great guest. If you ask me anyone who has appeared in Torchwood would be great at the event. But I do find it strange that you think Freema would be 'wasted' upon the event because her appearances in Torchwood only lasted a few episodes, and you think Matt Rippy (who was only in one episode) would not be 'wasted'.

You're correct. She has been in more episodes than them, but she's originally a Doctor Who character. They've been in one episode (Maybe some have been in DW) but they've not played the same role in both!

You're correct. She has been in more episodes than them, but she's originally a Doctor Who character. They've been in one episode (Maybe some have been in DW) but they've not played the same role in both!

John Barrowman and Naoko Mori were both in Doctor Who first, playing the same characters. In fact, Eve Myles was in Doctor Who first playing a character who is identical to the one she plays in Torchwood. Yes, they are all main characters, but the fact that someone was in Doctor Who before Torchwood and is playing the same character shouldn't really matter. The Hub 3 is an event for fans of Torchwood, and Freema has been in Torchwood.

Anyone who has been in Torchwood (no matter how many episodes, or if they were in Doctor Who first) will be a great guest for a Torchwood event.

John Barrowman and Naoko Mori were both in Doctor Who first, playing the same characters. In fact, Eve Myles was in Doctor Who first playing a character who is identical to the one she plays in Torchwood. Yes, they are all main characters, but the fact that someone was in Doctor Who before Torchwood and is playing the same character shouldn't really matter. The Hub 3 is an event for fans of Torchwood, and Freema has been in Torchwood.

Anyone who has been in Torchwood (no matter how many episodes, or if they were in Doctor Who first) will be a great guest for a Torchwood event.

I think it's just a matter of personal preference. I too associate Freema more with DW than TW, and Martha as a character has no appeal for me at all. But I can see that others might think differently, and I don't have an objection to her being at the Hub (anyone who has been in TW or has a direct connection with the show can be a guest), it's just that there are other people I want to see there more than I do Freema. I'm sure everyone has their own personal favourites.

Edited by mjocovers

i disagree with the people who say that shes more of a character in DW than TW, that is correct, but shes been in more episodes than the rest of the guests announced so far after john.....

plus, i always said i hated martha because she replaced rose, and then it was her fault owen got shot, but Freema is REALLY lovely, i met her at johns tour and got a photo with her and her autograph, she even made a video for us on my mobile saying hi and hope we hav a lovely time to us.

so i vote that freema should come!!!

Whilst Freema may have been in more TW episodes than any of the other confirmed guests so far, barring John, all of the others played characters specifically written for Torchwood, who fit into the series in a way that Martha did not. To me, Martha either pulled focus from the team in a way that didn't work for the show, or she was incredibly short-changed by the necessity of focusing on Owen and the rest of the team. I had really been looking forward to Freema's appearance in the show, but after seeing how they handled her character, I honestly have no idea why they wrote her in at all. For me, that's the factor that makes me ask for others first.

I'd really rather not see DW actors there, as it waters down the focus on TW in a way that doesn't work for me. Much as I admire both Noel Clarke and Freema Agyeman, and would love to meet them both and thank them for their performances, I'm at The Hub to focus on Torchwood. Doctor Who is a cultural icon with lots of history and power behind it. Torchwood is hugely popular in certain demographics, but is still finding, gathering and solidifying its fan base. To my mind, it needs to stand on its own in order to succeed, and that means that I'd prefer to see the fan events and conventions specifically formed around it remain as free of other influences as possible, especially "parental" ones.

Black sheep, here.

I'm sure that Freema's lovely, and I'd love to meet her someday, but I always feel a bit awkward about her appearances in Torchwood, as Martha was rather shoehorned in and (I thought) interfered with, rather than enhanced, the TW storylines. Since she plays a DW character and people can potentially meet her at DW conventions and other signing events, she's not near the top of my wish list for The Hub [x] when there are so many other brilliant possibilities of guests who are so much more integral to Torchwood.

Well I really dont care - Freema was in Torchwood and was an excellnet addition. I would love her to attend and if she did I'm sure you wouldnt turn down the chance of meeting her!!!!!

Black sheep, here.

Well I really dont care - Freema was in Torchwood and was an excellnet addition. I would love her to attend and if she did I'm sure you wouldnt turn down the chance of meeting her!!!!!

Never said I would. :YAHOO:

Black sheep, here.

Never said I would. ^_^

I agree Freema was wrong in TW and would be better kept for a DW con. Just my opinion. (Burn felt the dynamic between Martha and Owen was not well written and that she was rather shoe horned into TW and I do agree with that. No reflection on the actress more on the writing I guess).

Edited by catfish

I agree Freema was wrong in TW and would be better kept for a DW con. Just my opinion. (Burn felt the dynamic between Martha and Owen was not well written and that she was rather shoe horned into TW and I do agree with that. No reflection on the actress more on the writing I guess).

You were at the intimate encounter as well? I wish I'd known, as I'd love to have said hello to you. :)

And yes, I agreed completely with Burn, as well. God, I loved his answers to things!

I too feel that Freema would be better suited to a Doctor Who Con. I would also feel that, for instance, James Marsters would be better at A Buffy Con, and before I get jumped on, I am actaully a James Marsters fan!

I would rather have any of the guests from the Hub, and Hub2 (save for Sara Lloyd from the Hub and Grumpy from Hub2), back at Hub 3 than either Freema or James. Would I talk to James and Freema if they were at Hub 3, yes, because it's not a question of not wanting to see them, or liking them, just feeling that they would be better at other Cons.

I too feel that Freema would be better suited to a Doctor Who Con. I would also feel that, for instance, James Marsters would be better at A Buffy Con, and before I get jumped on, I am actaully a James Marsters fan!

I would rather have any of the guests from the Hub, and Hub2 (save for Sara Lloyd from the Hub and Grumpy from Hub2), back at Hub 3 than either Freema or James. Would I talk to James and Freema if they were at Hub 3, yes, because it's not a question of not wanting to see them, or liking them, just feeling that they would be better at other Cons.

No I diagree strongly - We need Freema at the Hub, Sara Lloyd was also an excellent guest.

Whose Grumpy?