Feedback

Avengers7

Similarly - the person in front of me in the autograph queue had put together a book of photos from the S3 shooting (at least that's what it appeared to be) and Kai was understandably impressed and poring over it, showing it to Eve and gushing over it with the person and thanking them for bring it for him to see+sign - which is great and shows that he appreciates that people have made the extra effort. For my autograph immediately after that, he barely made eye contact and pushed it back at me with hardly a word. Realise that I hadn't brought a gift or anything extra to offer so would not warrant as much attention as someone who had, and guests are there to sign and have no obligation to speak to people while doing so, and if they do would obviously choose to speak to familiar faces / people who have gone the extra mile; at the same time there's no better way to make a person feel like sh*t under their shoe,

My friend was in the intimate encounter with Kai and said a couple of people were disappointed as kai didn't seem as if he wanted to be there - apparently him and tom did a room swap for a few mins which was funny but kai seemed quite withdrawn and at the end just stood up said thanks and walked out.

I suppose people who get to go to the intimate encounters prob feel they should be more personal in a way??

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit I've not been impressed by Kai either. I was expecting maybe too much after reading the many great comments on this forum.

About the intimate encounter, Eve on the other hand was very enthousiastic and say goodbye to everyone before she had to rush to sign some extra-autographs.

Similarly - the person in front of me in the autograph queue had put together a book of photos from the S3 shooting (at least that's what it appeared to be) and Kai was understandably impressed and poring over it, showing it to Eve and gushing over it with the person and thanking them for bring it for him to see+sign - which is great and shows that he appreciates that people have made the extra effort. For my autograph immediately after that, he barely made eye contact and pushed it back at me with hardly a word. Realise that I hadn't brought a gift or anything extra to offer so would not warrant as much attention as someone who had, and guests are there to sign and have no obligation to speak to people while doing so, and if they do would obviously choose to speak to familiar faces / people who have gone the extra mile; at the same time there's no better way to make a person feel like sh*t under their shoe, no?

And that would have been me.

And yes I have been to a few things to see him and gave him a little pressie as he's always been so exceptionally kind to my friends and I.

I think you have to remember that the actors are only human and aren't always brilliant at small talk. Some of them are surprisingly shy. And I've had people sign my autograph while talking to someone else or sign without looking up. And I've found the best way to ensure that doesn't happen is simply to talk to them. Signings are tiring and I couldn't imagine coming up with small talk all day for 2 days while meeting 520 people. But if you have one question that you really want to ask ready for when you get to the signing desk I find that even the quickest and the rudest signers (and they are plenty out there but none at this event I have to say) will stop, take a moment's pause and answer. It's got nothing to do with presents - I rarely give them as I know that for the most part the actors don't tend to keep them. It's all about the conversation. It's really hard and not something that comes particularly naturally to me but you really do have to initiate the conversation as it won't always be forthcoming from the actor.

But I'm sorry that you didn't have the best experience meeting Kai - he's incredibly lovely and would probably be upset to realise that you felt you hadn't been treated well.

so it was *your* fault!! <looks for a baseball bat>

kidding obviously ^_^

it did look like a fantastic book, completely understand why he would be blown away, and kudos to you for bringing it for him (he seemed genuinely pleased by it from my view)! realise that it would be tiring and it's obviously hard on them being there all day, and I'm the first to admit I am absolute crap at small talk so it is largely my own fault; at the same time it's somewhat offputting when you get the vibe that the last thing they want to do is be there when you've just seen them act completely opposite with another person?

Apologies if it came out wrong / sounding bitchy - was not implying mistreatment of any kind whatsoever, and absolutely no doubt that he is a great guy, am sure it was just the day taking its toll (and at least he did have people like you to brighten it / buoy his spirits during the day :) )

But I'm sorry that you didn't have the best experience meeting Kai - he's incredibly lovely and would probably be upset to realise that you felt you hadn't been treated well.

The first time I met him at the first Hub event - he was wonderful!!

I mean, this is just me personally but I was dead chuffed that he was chatty during his autograph session, then about 2 or 3 hours later when I had my photo with him - he looked me straight in the eye (having already seen hundreds of people in between times) and said "You're Angie aren't you?" and to me that felt great - really nice he'd remembered me.

Just maybe this time he was having a bad time - who knows.

"I screamed when I got the intimate encounter but it wasn't when something was being announced or question answered. I think that's not as bad as talking over answers."

never said it was a bad thing just sticking up for my daughter and trying to point out it wasn`t just kids that were screaming

But screaming after announcements isn't as bad as screaming during answers.

On the subject of Kai's intimate encounter, I found the one on Saturday really nice, I did keep airing comments and talking and asking questions but tried to keep that to when it was getting quiet. He was yawning through that but I forgave him knowing how late he got to bed and how drunk he was, just diffused his yawns by yelling retcon.

I loved it, all of it I wasn't even to stupid this time around the geusts(mostly) even went up to Roderic and asked if he was a giant cause of the group shot thing. I loved the bag systme it really worked, the huge schedules and just evrything. I think SM listened to evrything that was said last year and made this just perfect (for me and all my friends)

As for Kai it can't be easy to be bouncy and entertaining all the time. In front of so many people I thought he was great

I am also now toatly fan girling the DJ at the partysXD

loved it, see you in October x

I do have a few things to say:-

As my mum took my brother back up to the room, someone asked her for my brothers golden ticket as he wasn't atending the drinks thingy! My mum said no stright away! But I think that was bang out of order!

Also a man, who wasn't a con guest/didn't have a pass on at all was asking my mum 50/50 questions about what was going on, who was here, how everything worked etc (she didn't answer him as she wasn't sure herself and he got really sh**y with her)... Which again was just out of order!!

I know you can't do anything about them incerdents, but I thought to say about it!!

I loved everything about my weekend, though Sunday was the bestest day of all ^_^!

Edited by DarknessHayz

All the kids I encountered over the weekend were fine. I do have to say just because the BBC puts out a watered-down Torchwood, dosnt mean the event will be/has to be the same. Now we have 2 events with the cast under our belts the legends of the filth and smut of the talks should spread pretty wide and help people decide whether to bring kids or not.

And I doubt any of the talks with say Gareth or Matt or John will include the little girl from the cast (sorry name escapes me), at least I hope they wont lol

But at no point do I want the talks or guests to be toned down, I laughed SO hard during all the talks because of the OTT smut and naughtyness lol

Thats Torchwood! Sex and violence. Its what the show was advertised as having.

Yes, this. Exactly this. I have to say that as one coming from the U.S., it is incredibly refreshing to have mostly uncensored speech at The Hub. Please let's not tone it down.

and I'm the first to admit I am absolute crap at small talk so it is largely my own fault; at the same time it's somewhat offputting when you get the vibe that the last thing they want to do is be there when you've just seen them act completely opposite with another person?

Apologies if it came out wrong / sounding bitchy - was not implying mistreatment of any kind whatsoever, and absolutely no doubt that he is a great guy, am sure it was just the day taking its toll (and at least he did have people like you to brighten it / buoy his spirits during the day :) )

No apologies necessary and I can understand why you'd be disheartened. But Kai is unbelievably lovely and a great guy to chat too - think of something to ask him next time and I'm sure he'll be much more animated. The whole signing experience can be a bit fake and odd from both sides I think with you not knowing what to do and them not knowing what to say which is why the question trick really does work as at least then unless they're just awful (which hardly anyone is - I've only met one person at a signing event who was genuinely godawful and rude) they have to stop, acknowledge you and have a bit of a chat for a few seconds.

Concerning the guest hogging and/or crowding, I think that I agree with those who suggest that it would be a good idea for SM to make an announcement like the one made at the beginning of the first Hub. I must admit that I was nervous when that announcement about not descending on the guests was NOT made at Hub 2, and I do think that it worked very well the first time around.

If something could be included in that announcement about letting others have their turn, I think that might work quite well. I'd hate to see a system like the one used by a large and infamous organiser in the U.S. whereby the guests are allowed by security to talk to attendees for maybe a second or two before guest and attendee alike are shuffled along. I absolutely love the freedom the guests have at SM/ME conventions to move about without handlers, and would hate to see that ruined by a few who don't know when to let someone else have a turn.

(I am very good at inserting myself politely into a conversation and/or group, but must admit that it was very hard to do so when I wanted to hear what Phil Ford was saying on Saturday night.)

Edited by Blackbird

Problem is though the fact that the guests are happy to go to the parties doesn't necessarily mean that they want to work the room as it were and talk to everyone there. Kai was bouncing merrily between groups of people, Gareth scarpered pretty quick and if the likes of Matt and Phil were perfectly happy chatting away surrounded by gaggles of adoring girlies who were undoubtedly plying them with drink then that's not really Massive Event's responsibility to control that.

The sight of the crowd around the pair of them on Saturday was hilarious but they clearly felt happy being there. There is a slight difference between that and people say wanting photo after photo or autographs at the parties as happened at the first Heroes event.

Asking everyone to be nice and "take their turn" with the guests is lovely in theory but will never ever work in a million years. They are some people who will move on but the vast majority won't. I find that things naturally calm down once someone has met an actor once or been to one event as at the next event they're not quite so desperate to cling rigidly to the actor's side fearing that's their only opportunity to speak to them.

The plus'es far outway the negatives for this convention. The organisation was fab, credit to the ME and crew for everything going smoothly. And to TT for the schedules ^_^

I was very wary about the bag room, as not having been at the orginal hub i'd heard a few horror stories, so i was a bit nervous of leaving my bag, Iantobear and folder (containing all my autographed stuff and photos). But i worried over nothing as the ladies organising the bag tables were paying attention to what people were leaving, so big thanks to them :)

With the kiddie issue, i'm NOT a big fan of children....but....they were all very well behaved from where ever i saw them. Although when i was in one of the photo queues, myself, my brother and 2 ladies standing behind us were very shocked to hear one lady SWEAR at her child to be quiet. :D I don't know what other people in the queue must of thought either ! And i almost stepped on Mrs Plinks' little boy, as neither of us were looking where we were going !! Gorgeous little thing but i couldn't eat a whole one ;):wub:

Sadly with the guests wandering around freely, they are always going to have their band of followers !! My friends and i stayed away from the gatherings where the guests were, as we knew full well we wouldn't get anywhere near !! The dancing was a better attraction though !! I did get lucky and managed a quick chat to Gareth but only because he was waiting for Gemma to reappear, and when she did even she had people following her ! We didn't even know that Matt Rippy had arrived on the Friday night as we couldn't get near the little bar ! And the looks we got trying to say goodnight to Kai were unbelievable, my friend's and i are running Kai's OFFICIAL website and OFFICIAL yahoo group and we hardly got the chance to speak to him ! So we left well alone all night. What part of "Guests: At all times but especially at the parties, do not crowd them" do people not understand !

The only real issue i have is the seating for the talks ! Not being able to afford the top price ticket means i have to sit about half way back, (i had a silver ticket, which was a gift) and being the height i am i can't see anything ! I'm fully aware that having the convention in a tiared seating venue would be more costly so i'm not having a moan about it !! lol ! But even though i couldn't see properly i still laughed till i cried at the talks and i was lucky enough to see poor Kai have the incident with his chair, because the girl in front had moved her head !! Lol !!

So all in i had a fantastic weekend, thank you :D

See you at the Hub 3 :(

Problem is though the fact that the guests are happy to go to the parties doesn't necessarily mean that they want to work the room as it were and talk to everyone there. Kai was bouncing merrily between groups of people, Gareth scarpered pretty quick and if the likes of Matt and Phil were perfectly happy chatting away surrounded by gaggles of adoring girlies who were undoubtedly plying them with drink then that's not really Massive Event's responsibility to control that.

The sight of the crowd around the pair of them on Saturday was hilarious but they clearly felt happy being there. There is a slight difference between that and people say wanting photo after photo or autographs at the parties as happened at the first Heroes event.

Asking everyone to be nice and "take their turn" with the guests is lovely in theory but will never ever work in a million years. They are some people who will move on but the vast majority won't. I find that things naturally calm down once someone has met an actor once or been to one event as at the next event they're not quite so desperate to cling rigidly to the actor's side fearing that's their only opportunity to speak to them.

I mostly agree with this, especially about the guests not wanting to work the room. That is not at all what I suggested in my comment, as that would be too much like the work that they have to do, and probably stultifying for them.

As to your last paragraph, while there is nothing short of an official telling them to move along in no uncertain terms that will make the worst offenders stop, an announcement of the type I suggested couldn't hurt and might help by making more balanced people stop and think a bit, thus making the issue more manageable. We all get excited, and a reminder like this can be just right. The admonition against crowding the guests worked well on all but a few attendees at Hub 1, so it couldn't hurt to try something similar with guest hogging. I have seen such things work at other events.

With the kiddie issue, i'm NOT a big fan of children....but....they were all very well behaved from where ever i saw them. Although when i was in one of the photo queues, myself, my brother and 2 ladies standing behind us were very shocked to hear one lady SWEAR at her child to be quiet. ohmy.gif I don't know what other people in the queue must of thought either

I heard that and was pretty horrified. There was this incredibly awkward silence afterwards with everyone really shocked that someone had just used that word to try and shut up a screaming toddler. Awful.

First thank you for taking on board so many of the comments made after the last Hub. This one was so much better because of it. (In fact just before the Hub2 we booked Gold for The Red Dwarf con purely based on the fact that you'd responded so constructively to the points we'd made on the forum)

A BIG thank you especially to Too Tall.

The main comment I would make, which others have said, is that there did seem to be a problem with seat hopping. I know when I popped out to the loo someone tried to take my seat, luckily my partner was there stop them. Also I was chatting to the person sitting behind me and she said that when they'd popped out for a cigarette the day before they'd come back and found their seats taken. There also seemed to be some confusion about the seat saving during intimate encounters, which I know was allowed, but some people didn't realize this.

The other point which the women I was talking to mentioned was that when entering the hall, she was told not to rush by the crew in the hall, so, quite correctly, slowed down, only to be overtaken by the next group of people coming in!

I'm not sure what SM can do about this, as some people will always chance their luck.

The only thing I can compare it to is another con (not a SM one) where attendees were allocated a particular row, so we were allowed to sit anywhere in row H. (that con was held in a hall, with rows of chairs and they'd simply stuck the letters at the ends of each row). At that con people were getting up all the time for things but I didn't hear any complaints about seat hopping. There were fewer people there though, about 350. But maybe something similar can be inplemented by SM. I know that SM only have limited amount of time to rearrange the hall between the autographs and the talks, so maybe the row letters can be attached to the end chairs beforehand ready to be placed in the hall. The attendees allocated row can put on their badge, like their autograph group number is.

Anyway, that's just a suggestion, I doubt whatever system SM use would please everyone.

And slightly off topic, I noticed SM and Too Tall were in attendence at the 10th Planet one day con a few weeks a go, but I'm assuming I would still need to just talk to 10th Planet about any specific requirements when I arrive at their cons like I usually do? We've been going to 10th Planet events for a long time (we only did the autographs at the last con though, not the talks, so seating wasn't an issue that day).

Edited by mjocovers

• Showmasters Admin
Anyway, that's just a suggestion, I doubt whatever system SM use would please everyone.

And slightly off topic, I noticed SM and Too Tall were in attendence at the 10th Planet one day con a few weeks a go, but I'm assuming I would still need to just talk to 10th Planet about any specific requirements when I arrive at their cons like I usually do? We've been going to 10th Planet events for a long time (we only did the autographs at the last con though, not the talks, so seating wasn't an issue that day).

Your right whatever system we use someone will not like it. As you say thoguh we do take on feedback and things do change if we feel they need too.

Do what you usually have and talk to the reg desk on entry. Although you may well be pointed to me :lol:

Fantastic event.

I was very impressed at how you listened to the comments after last time and changed things where necessary.

The bag check system was much better in my opinion. I definitely felt more comfortable with my stuff being in the same room as me and only gone for short periods, obviously last year the crew doing the bag room were doing a great job but with so many people in and out of that room all day something could easily have been missed.

Bigger schedules were very much appreciated! No more crowding round and squinting at them while being jostled by several other people who also wanted to read them. And definitely helped having them in our packs too as we were able to roughly plan out the order of our day before we even left our hotel room in the morning. Very much appreciated!

The separate lines for ticket types before talks were much better than the crowding round that was happening last year.

Thank you once again for a brilliant weekend!

The first time I met him at the first Hub event - he was wonderful!!

I mean, this is just me personally but I was dead chuffed that he was chatty during his autograph session, then about 2 or 3 hours later when I had my photo with him - he looked me straight in the eye (having already seen hundreds of people in between times) and said "You're Angie aren't you?" and to me that felt great - really nice he'd remembered me.

Just maybe this time he was having a bad time - who knows.

hey we were talkin to kai sunday and we said eh didnt seem himself he told us he was just rsally tired from working and training and that staying late at partys probably added to that, but he comes to see the fans so thats why he stayed.

Had a fantastic time again - and survived this one too always a bonus.

Pleased to see some small changes from last time inc the passes having rounded edges and a group number on the back, very useful.

Large schedules were much better and easier to understand too.

loved the themed nights, dressing the halls each night again and the side stalls. Disco fun and i think a lot of newbies now have the con dances down too.

Everything ran smoothly and on time and the info booklets helpful and clear

Loved the final group talk was hilarious

all the crew big thanks for the extra mile too were always helpful and fun and of course around to answer questions from fans too throughout the weekend

Even the doodle board was very popular and a good thing to have

Guests were great as usual and really joined in with everything.

Just one thing - would it be possible to have marked seating areas clearly stating gold,silver or standard . I had friends this time who were gold ticket holders who couldnt get seats if they were not there well before the talks and when they arrived a bit late there was no seat free. Surely gold and silver should have a guaranteed seat whether they go early or in the middle of a talk as this is part of their package. i've been to other events in the past where the sections were in blocks so you knew where to sit for your tickets this would be helpful for future events if possible.

Apart from this everything was perfect. Already signed up for both October events and look forward to more of the insanity then.

Thanks for a great weekend and all your hard work SM.

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

• Showmasters Admin

Just one thing - would it be possible to have marked seating areas clearly stating gold,silver or standard . I had friends this time who were gold ticket holders who couldnt get seats if they were not there well before the talks and when they arrived a bit late there was no seat free. Surely gold and silver should have a guaranteed seat whether they go early or in the middle of a talk as this is part of their package. i've been to other events in the past where the sections were in blocks so you knew where to sit for your tickets this would be helpful for future events if possible.

Apart from this everything was perfect. Already signed up for both October events and look forward to more of the insanity then.

Thanks for a great weekend and all your hard work SM.

Nicky

The gold passes is the only one that is guaranteed a seating section.

That section did have signs on the end of the last row in the gold sections. Also there were enough seats for all of the gold pass holders in that area. I know this as A: I put the signs on the end of the rows, and took them off at the end. And I counted the chairs to make sure there were 150. So your friend should have had a seat in the gold area.

Sorry if you missed the signs they were A3 and on the end of the rows. In future if you find this to be an issue please do talk to the crew at the time and they will sort it out. But there were signs and enough seats so I'm not sure how it happened.

Silver do not have a priority area (On the website only Gold Passes are guaranteed any priority in talks), there is no mention of any priority or special section in talks for Silver Passes. Although we do call them into the hall before the standard ticket holders.

Also I must say THANK YOU to Too Tall again, I lost my booklet that allowed me to get autographs early on the Saturday and thought I was doomed, however, he made sure I was able to get all the auto's I hadn't yet recieved. :)

You are most welcome.

if it wasn't for my gutsy attitude i wouldn't have gone up to the wonderful Too Tall and told him....huge thanks Too Tall for getting me and my mates seen by the guests in the end.

I'm glad I could help. It's what I'm there for ^_^

Too tall in the Freak show - fantastic!!

I'm not sure I'll get over that any time soon ^_^

A BIG thank you especially to Too Tall.

Again I'm glad I could help to make your weekend that like bit easier.

So thank you all :D

Edited by Too Tall

It was a wonderful weekend. Brilliantly organised. I unfortunately wasn't very well on Saturday and had to miss most of the talks that day, as I had to go up to my room to lie down and rest, but thankfully my friends filled me in on the stuff I missed. The parties were excellent. Great music, great themes. Loved the candy floss! :)

I thought all the children there were very well behaved. I usually can't cope with lots of kids running around screaming but didn't encounter any of this, this time. Rather, it was some of the adults who were worse behaved than any of the kids! Especially those nicking other peoples' seats the moment they got up for a few minutes and those following some of the guests everywhere, like rats following the pied piper, and hogging them all night! I hardly spoke to any guests all weekend because they were always surrounded by the same groups of people all the time. So I agree with what many others here have said, about wishing some people would show a bit more consideration to others and let others have a chance to say a few words to the guests too! My friends and I wanted to just have a few quick words with Matt Rippy but it was impossible. Everytime we went by the bar he was in on Saturday night he was surrounded by the same group of people the whole time. We don't like to be rude and just butt in on others' conversations so we just gave up in the end! I didn't even attempt to try to talk to any of the other guests at the parties as I could see it would be impossible, so I just left everyone else to it! Lol.

Our only other disappointment was that there were only two guests at the Gold drinks reception. Obviously just 2 guests trying to speak to 150 people meant they were being whisked through everyone really fast, so we only got to talk to them for 5 seconds and the rest of the time we were just standing around, hoping some other guests may suddenly turn up before the reception finished. But we realise this couldn't be helped if many of them turned up late or weren't going to be there until the next day. We'd bought Gold tickets mainly so we could hopefully chat to Eve at the reception, but we didn't know until just the day before the event that Eve would only be there on Saturday. Thankfully one of our friends managed to go to Eve's Intimate Encounter, which she was thrilled about, so that made up for her not seeing her at the reception, which she'd so been looking forward to.

Anyway, apart from that, altogether a great weekend and I liked to thank all the organisers for putting everything together so brilliantly! All the signings and photo sessions seemed to run really smoothly and I got all of mine no problem. Not having to put our bags in another room whilst going to the photo shoots this time was great too and I think the photographers are brilliant! All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Well done to Showmasters for another great event. Can't wait for Hub 3! :)

Edited by spaceygal

Our only other disappointment was that there were only two guests at the Gold drinks reception. Obviously just 2 guests trying to speak to 150 people meant they were being whisked through everyone really quickly, so we only got to talk to them for a few seconds and the rest of the time we were just standing around, hoping some other guests may suddenly turn up before the reception finished.

Actually Siobhan turned up as well, albeit late. It wasn't obvious though, and I only realized when I saw a small flurry of activity near where we were standing

Our only other disappointment was that there were only two guests at the Gold drinks reception. Obviously just 2 guests trying to speak to 150 people meant they were being whisked through everyone really quickly, so we only got to talk to them for a few seconds and the rest of the time we were just standing around, hoping some other guests may suddenly turn up before the reception finished.

Actually Siobhan turned up as well, albeit late. It wasn't obvious though, and I only realized when I saw a small flurry of activity near where we were standing

Oh right, that's a shame we missed her. I didn't see her arrive. Would have been nice to chat to her, especially as I missed her talks on Saturday afternoon, cos I wasn't well! Ah well, maybe another time. :)

Edited by spaceygal

Thanks Too tall for the clarification, must have missed this, but will note for our next con with gold tickets.

Have a great photo of you too in your outfit on saturday btw, you wont live this one down for a while i guess will you!

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

Wow that's quite the list of complaints!

In terms of the contents of the goodie bags why assume that you would get exactly the same as what you got the previous year right down to the number of badges? Things change from year to year.

The drinks reception was discussed at length on here with yourself I believe prior to the event and I think it was pointed out to you by several people that it's described as a "drinks reception" not a "cocktail party" and that it is entirely usual at most events and work functions for the free drinks to be a choice of wine or beer. In this case free wine was made available - if you required spirits you should have bought your own! Nowhere does it say that ME have to provide you with a "cocktail" at the drinks reception.

I liked the casino as did others and the poker meant that Gareth got to be very visible and everyone could watch him without him being bothered too much. Putting on a theme like the Saturday night party costs an immense amount of money - you can't have that lavish a theme each and every night - all other conventions that I go to still have themed nights but they do nothing at all to add to that theme. I, personally am hugely appreciative of all the time, effort and yes money that Jason and Mark put into the parties. Somehow I doubt the casino people and the various stalls on the Saturday night were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

As for the bag room the purpose of that last year was only for people to drop their bags when they were having a photo session - which was a huge pain and I thought the new system worked so much better. It was never intended for people to be able to store their stuff there all day and next time that won't be an issue anyway as the hotel is far larger so hopefully everyone should have their own room.

Obviously the little details do matter and ME showed over and over this weekend that they do listen to what their attendees have to say. But there is such a thing as being too pernickety.

WHOAH just a minute here...why the heck are you jumping all over me for MY opinions...you don't have to like them and they aint being too picky ok. Firstly i don't really care whether it's named a drinks reception or blooming cocktail party...the bar could be opened easy as that...and simple as that. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO DISLIKE WINE...secondly if you read the rules of the hotel you would see you ain't allowed to bring outside foods and drinks into and lastly i payed for a gold pass which was blooming expensive and yet seemed to offer less than last tme so why should i have to pay for a drink becase it aint avaliable...thank god for the free coca cola is all i can say.

As for the casino night...unless you are into your history and eras i wouldn't expect you to understand...not one aspect of it was victorian and sorry but i don't feel an aspect of a great nigh is to stand around a casino table staring at Gareth playing a game of poker that my friends couldn't even get into....no insult to G Man there as he's a lovely guy but i like to take part in things not just watch.

As for the bag room...well me and my mates thought it was handy to have, some of us don't really like having to carry a bag round and round and round all morning and afternoon....even though we all sttayed in the actual hotel..you still have to carry stuff around.

And lastly if they did really listen to what attendees have to say why then when a large majoirty said they would prefer a logo on the tshirts to be on the front was it yet again on the back....sorry no excuse for it...it ain't no price difference from front to back.

I have had my rant and clearly some people on here don't like people with opinions.