Anyone else love there food?

zebredy

I love my food (as I'm sure most people do) and love cooking different things in my kitchen like turkey lasagna, apple crumble mircowavable meatloaf, but aside from all that, I was wondering what you guys like to eat and if you cook whats your favourite things to cook, and also if you have any family recipes that you love doing every once in a while.

Also if you love eating out a lot, where do you love going to most, and what are your favourite things to eat when out?

Ok here goes (I supopose I should start )......

My favourite things to eat at home are Sunday roast and squid and almost anything that comes with rice as part of the meal

The only family recipe I know is mac cheese but our one comes with a red sauce and load and loads of cheese.

Chiquito (mexica for those that don't know) is one of my favourite restaurants to go to, I just love there burritos, and one of my other all time favourites is chicken and sweetcorn soup that you get from a chines...

Anyone else?

:lol:

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

I am trying to slim down to about twelve stone but instead i have put on weight and i am somewhere between twenty and twenty-five stone.

My main problem is chinese food, takeaways mostly.

I love pasta. It is bland and tastless on its own but i love it.

Favourite places to eat :

The Good Food Inn chinese takeaway in Ripley, Derbyshire

The Flaming Dragon in Nottingham

I am trying to slim down to about twelve stone but instead i have put on weight and i am somewhere between twenty and twenty-five stone.

My main problem is chinese food, takeaways mostly.

I love pasta. It is bland and tastless on its own but i love it.

Favourite places to eat :

The Good Food Inn chinese takeaway in Ripley, Derbyshire

The Flaming Dragon in Nottingham

My husband has to loose weight to (well he is diabetic which doesn't help) we just cut the portion sizes down, and think about it that if we want to go to conventions and get autos or stuff from the stalls we have to have the money to do that, and by cutting out takeaways we are saving quite a bit of money. Well we don't stop them altogether, instead of twice a month we now only eat out once ever 4-6weeks

It also helps if you can cook well then your not tempted by takeaways as much due to eating crappy homecooked food all the time, not saying you can't cook but I used to work with someone who put a can of beans (unopen) in the microwave for 10minutes (she only wanted to make beans on toast) luckly she pressed 10seconds by mistake and someone else was in the house with her at the time, and corrected her mistake. She could have blown the house up....

Some people hey :D

:D

LLAP :D

Edited by zebredy

• 2 weeks later...
She could have blown the house up....

*Goes to buy beans*:thumbup:

Cut a grape in half, put in microwave, switch off lights and turn micro on for 30 seconds! Pretty!

I love to cook - being half Italian, I think it's in my genes! My signature dish is melanzane but since it's pretty calorific, we only tend to have it as a treat once a month or so! Ditto gelato! I love Middle Eastern food too, and good curry. We rarely have takeaways (because I am a great cook - heheh!) but we do go out for meals quite a lot (because my partner thinks I shouldn't have to cook every night!).

Favourite local restaurants are the Sorrentino (around the corner from the Park Inn) and the Occo (fabulous Moroccan restaurant by the theatre). Also discovered a great Brazilian restaurant, Rodizio's at the weekend because nothing was going to induce me to eat at the Park Inn! Other favourite restaurants are L'Antica Locanda and El Piano in York, plus Mildred's, Lalibela and Carluccio in London. I would (and have done), make special journeys to go to those ones!

• 3 weeks later...
She could have blown the house up....

*Goes to buy beans*:firedevil:

Other favourite restaurants are L'Antica Locanda and El Piano in York, plus Mildred's, Lalibela and Carluccio in London. I would (and have done), make special journeys to go to those ones!

I have travelled to London (its only a small train ride away as I live just outside London) to go to the Texas Embasy, so I can understand when people travel just to go to a good restaurant. Plus my sister lives in Nottingham and she wants us to go up there cause she says they have some good restaurants up there, but no matter how good they are, don't think I could justify travelling all the way there just for a meal.

:P

Haggis, beans and chips. Washed down with Irn Bru. Yes i know am a stereotype :D but its just so good

Whats your oppinion of vegitarian haggis (excuse spelling). I know what Haggis is, had it before and its very nice but how on earth can they make a vegy version of it? What next a vegan version, is it possible?

Before anyone says anything no I don't have a problem with anyone not liking meat.

:D

LLAP :poki:

There's over 2000 calories to a full pizza, and I knew that before it was on the news today. But if I've had a whole one to myself (while away at events) chances are thats all I'd eat that day.

There's a nice all you can eat chinese + next to the London Eye, on Saturday I eate all I could, and not a mouthful more :D but again that was all I had all day long.

Edited by TerraHawk

Haggis, beans and chips. Washed down with Irn Bru. Yes i know am a stereotype :P but its just so good

Whats your oppinion of vegitarian haggis (excuse spelling). I know what Haggis is, had it before and its very nice but how on earth can they make a vegy version of it? What next a vegan version, is it possible?

Before anyone says anything no I don't have a problem with anyone not liking meat.

:P

Yes i have tryed it and to be honest it taste ok. haggis is mostly about the spices used and thats what you taste, So really its good.