showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Guest Announcement RICHARD CHAVES

the 2nd of the Predator Guests for this year and we are working on more

Predator - Poncho

Witness - Homicide Detective

Star Trek: Voyager in Tattoo as Chief

Babylon 5 The War Prayer - Alvares

War of the Worlds Lt. Col. Paul Ironhorse (24 episodes, 1988-1989)

pred68.jpgponcho.jpgpred54.jpg

pred.jpg

war_worlds_tv_chaves_x.jpgPoncho_Grenade2.JPG500px-PredatorCustomLauncher-12.jpg

just to let you all know we are working on getting as many Predator guests as we can this year and have some others in the pipeline but it is unlikely for us to get the guests again so if you do want to meet them then meet them when you can as it may be the only time we do this

just giving you all a heads up

http://imdb.com/name/nm0154520/

After the Sonny Landham announcement (for Collectormania Midlands 3) this is a great announcement. I've got to make sure now I get the correct DVD of Predator (the complete uncut version with the most DVD extras)!

Edited by SunSpeed

Im excited, but all is well having 2 predator guys attending but there not attending the same show and i dont think i can get to midlands so thats put a downer on things i think a lot of people would prefer to have them at the same event and possible a group photoshoot plus a reunion for the guys themselves.

It was once explained to me, why it's likely that there will never be group shots, but I can't fully remember the various reasons. I'd asked at the time for a group shot as well .

As for why they're not at the same show, this could be down to the simple fact , that while one can make these dates, the other can't. I remember reading somewhere that one of the cast of predator, and I think it was Richard, So to at least get him for an event , even if it's not the same event as Sonny is good.

Sorry if there's alot of "I think" in my post, but am at work, so posting quickly. I am sure that others will be good enough to confirm or correct what I've posted.

FAN-FKN'-TASTIC!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

First Billy and now Poncho!! My two favourite characters from Predator!! If SM are really pushing the boat out for more Pred guests this ought to be an exciting year!! Thanks so much for finally getting some!!

Richard also served in Vietnam. Jesse Ventura was also a Vietnam veteran although they didnt serve together. During the late 90s Richard had a stalker and because of this he was advised to do no more cons but lately he has done some. BTW, Chaves is pronounced "Char-vez".

all is well having 2 predator guys attending but there not attending the same show and i dont think i can get to midlands so thats put a downer on things i think a lot of people would prefer to have them at the same event and possible a group photoshoot
I think its obvious that everyone prefers them to be at the same show! Who wouldn't!? :hathor: But it's not always practical, they can be busy people with their own lives and unfortunately cant be expected to be available whenever it suits us. Beggars can't be choosers. SM said this may be your only chance to meet them so if you wanna then you better. They did their part by bagging us these guests, now we have to do our part and get our asses there - we cant expect everything handed to us on a silver platter. If you want to meet them enough, you will and I intend to. I highly doubt SM put them in 2 diff shows on purpose, you seem to think otherwise??

And as for hoping for a group photoshoot? There are eight main cast members, the chances of getting them all together in the same place at the same time is very slim. Arnie you'd never get anyway. No offence but I think what you're asking is a very tall order and we're not in the position to beg, as I said SM did their part, all we gotta do is get there.

if you do want to meet them then meet them when you can as it may be the only time we do this
This ought to be a disclaimer that you put with each first-time guest announcment - I always treat them as if it may be the only chance anyway. Edited by nicky

This Predator reunion is fantastic news. Who does everyone think we've got a reasonable chance of seeing as part of this reunion? Don't know about anyone else, but here's my thoughts : -

Arnie - obviously no chance :(

Jesse Ventura - it's possible, unlikely I think, but possible

Shane Black - would make my day, but I don't know what to think on this one. I would have thought it unlikely. But don't forget he wrote Lethal Weapon! What a guest :)

Bill Duke - I would have thought there's a real chance of him doing this sort of event

Carl Weathers - he's been before, so very doable

Elpidia Carrillo - does a lot of TV work now, would have thought it do-able

R G Armstrong - he's in his 90s now

Wouldn't have thought many crewmembers are that likely. Obviously McTiernan would be an incredible guest, but I don't consider him that realistic. I think he's out now. In fact I'm not sure he was ever in - I seem to remember he managed to stay out of prison - certainly he has quite a few in-development credits from the looks of things.

Top draw.

Time to dig out my Predator British quad poster and, all being well, start adding some sigs'

Ritchie.

Have you got a picture of that Ritchie? I'm guessing it's some sort of group shot, and not the standard 'Arnie in the crosshairs' poster?

Mike.

Sorry for delay in response but that's work for you. The quad does not have a group shot I'm afraid just two pictures of Arnie one of them in thermal predator vison.

I have to rumage through a few piles of posters but I will endeavour to post a pic' later.

Cheers, Ritchie.

Top draw.

Time to dig out my Predator British quad poster and, all being well, start adding some sigs'

Ritchie.

Have you got a picture of that Ritchie? I'm guessing it's some sort of group shot, and not the standard 'Arnie in the crosshairs' poster?

Mike.

Sorry for delay in response but that's work for you. The quad does not have a group shot I'm afraid just two pictures of Arnie one of them in thermal predator vison.

I have to rumage through a few piles of posters but I will endeavour to post a pic' later.

Cheers, Ritchie.

Here's a picture of the poster that you're both talking about:

predatorquad.png

First and foremost I am a poster collector so I've never really been too bothered about who's pictured on the poster I'm getting signed. As long as the poster is an original cinema poster and it's a design that looks cool to me. Lots of room for plenty of sigs' too.

However, one idea that I had been toying with was to purchase an original cinema lobby card set, get them all signed, and then have them framed professionally in groups of four.

predatorquadposter.jpg

Ritchie.

Edited by Ritchie

Who does everyone think we've got a reasonable chance of seeing as part of this reunion? Wouldn't have thought many crewmembers are that likely.

I think they're all doable excapt Arnold. Shane Black and Jesse Ventura have done cons before but in Jesse's case I'm unsure if he stopped doing them after he became Governor of Minissota.

I'd amazed if we got "McT" and as for other crew I'm not sure who would be viable. I'd like Jim & John Thomas (the writers) and producers esp Joel Silver and John Davis but I think that's unlikely. Unfortunately there's no cance of Stan Winston but we have had Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr before who worked on the film too.

That group photo is available here as a 10x8: http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_product_st...movie%5Fid=8358

Edited by nicky