Heroes Season 3 - Episode 17 Discussion

DavidB

• Moderators

It was one of the more repetitive episodes I felt. Kinda like nothing actually happened, it all went around in circles, and we ended up with a bunch of things that have happened before.

That's probably what's going to put people off sticking with it.

• Moderators

His stuff is actually interesting, which is more than I can say for a lot of the other characters.

Noah - Ooh I'm a bad guy but no I'm kinda a good guy but not but CLAIREBEAR <3 but nooo bad guy good guy ARGH! Mr Muggles? What, we have a dog? And a son you say? Oh ..

Mohinder - Ooh there's a taxi, let's drive it. I'm going to get captured and work for the bad guys again now, lucky me!

Matt - Ooh I'm going to paint stuff. What's that? A big explodey fire thing on the floor? OMGWOW. *constipatedface* ICANREADURTHOUGHTZ. Painty paint paint paint. I am Isaac. No wait, I'm Matt. Oops ..

Peter - Duh. Err. *lipspazz* NATHAN! Ooh a gun, I'm going to point it at you and not do much. NATHAN! No, not this time. NATHAN! Noooo. DUH. I can't act. Help me. NO YOU'RE WRONG! NATHAN!

Daphne - OMGZ IT'S HEROEZ NO DEATH4ME.

There's so much more they could do with the characters, and the core storyline has the potential to be very strong .. and indeed was from the beginning of the volume. But in this episode, they practically went nowhere, and used plot devices that have already been used multiple times since the show started. It's just lazy.

DavidB, you can throw Claire into that category as well, I think. I did enjoy the Matt and Mohinder argument scenes but they wernt life changing!

I never wanted Daphne to die... but she really probably shouldve taken one for the team in the creative direction of the show... She is just one more to add to the growing list of so called deaths that dont matter!

Hasnt everyone on Heroes died by now? At least once?

As for the future painting and explosion thing... It is lame and it is re-treading old ground.... but I hope the writers are intelligent enough to know this and have a twist.... enough to completely distance it from other storylines.

I read somewhere that someone had said (can I vague that up a bit?) that Heroes could benefit from doing a 'Lost' and announcing an actual END to the series so there was something to work towards... and I think this makes sense... Then we could actually have structured, rational and (most importantly) permanent killings off of major characters without the writers being tempted to bring them back for a bit more!?

• Moderators

Yeah, I read the Lost ending suggestion thing somewhere too, and I think I agree. Some shows really do struggle when they have to stretch out over years after being successful. I mean when it's a first season, it's expected that their overall arc is to be strong because they don't know how long it's going to be on air!

If I were to kill anyone off in the show, it would be Claire. Not from an annoyance standpoint as such (Peter takes that!) but from an emotional impact. How it would affect Nathan (real father, would he care?) and Noah (what would he do without her to protect?) amongst others would be a very good way to shake things up. I can't think of anyone else that would give that .. say if you killed Sylar, even though the fans would be like AHHH NO! the characters wouldn't really suffer from anything after.

I actualy really liked this episode and i think were finding out a heck of a lot about a few characters, i actualy like the fact that daphneys not dead and thats not just cause i love brea lol i don't think shes gonna make it but i think its more of a way to keep the location centeral

i think that shes back to drive a bigger wedge between matt and mohinder...

i also love how scared peter was of matt and mohinder in this episode. all three of the 'hero' charecters made a big chareter change in this episode.

ill admit lack of sylar was dissapointing, but he's off on his road trip so you know 'waffles'.

i also really liked mommy p in this eppi. and i thought the way it was shot was wonderful.

also mohinder im sorry i did enjoy seeing him all tied up like that ...

also that painting on the floor made me lol...

id have been more impressed if it had been big ben and the stupid eye thing lol ...

although strange ninja paintings have me wondering a few things

His stuff is actually interesting, which is more than I can say for a lot of the other characters.

Agreed, some people complain that his story is just some random plot, but I find it interesting to watch and it takes you away from the full on heavy drama feel of the other characters plot. I always enjoy Sylar scenes the most.

I liked the eppie, as after Sylar the next character that I don't mind having a whole episode focused on is HRG.

ill admit lack of sylar was dissapointing, but he's off on his road trip so you know 'waffles'.

also mohinder im sorry i did enjoy seeing him all tied up like that ...

Any episode without Sylar in it can never be a favourite with me.

I also enjoyed the shallowness of drooling over tied up Mohinder. :D

His hair frizzes like mine when it get's wet. :lol:

Edited by bonniesrg

Floor painting was naff compared to the S1 one! Matt, I love you, but you suck at floor painting!

This ep was a lil slow for me compared to the rest of Volume 4 so far... will hopefully pick up pace again with Matt and Peter up in the sky hugging somewhere, the new West (seriously, what happened to the lovely West?!) and big brother Sylar... well, hope it'll pick up pace again lol.

Didn't Nathan say in Volume 1 that Peter was too heavy for him to carry and that they were both flying? Have they (the writers) forgotten that the ability to fly doesn't include super strength like Superman? How is Peter carrying Matt without crashing to the ground if Nathan couldn't carry Peter by himself?

Edited by Christoff

Didn't Nathan say in Volume 1 that Peter was too heavy for him to carry and that they were both flying? Have they (the writers) forgotten that the ability to fly doesn't include super strength like Superman? How is Peter carrying Matt without crashing to the ground if Nathan couldn't carry Peter by himself?

Maybe Peter has been going to the gym or something I dunno lol

Maybe Peter has been going to the gym or something I dunno lol

Lol well I think Nathan also carried Matt a while ago in Volume 1 or 2, or Matt wanted Nathan to fly him somewhere anyway. Maybe Matt is really some tiny person and he's using his brain mojo to make him look bigger, so he is in fact easy to carry :( Or the writers just forgot (or assumed the viewers would forget) that they don't have super strength too.

It was one of the more repetitive episodes I felt. Kinda like nothing actually happened, it all went around in circles, and we ended up with a bunch of things that have happened before.

So glad you said this David because I thought I would be the only person thinking it. Basically while I loved that it was Peter, Mohinder and Matt I just thought it was boring.

I also completely agree with the character summaries....so true!!!!