Favourite quotes

dwarfbabe

I think that Red Dwarf has some brilliant lines and thought it would be fun to find out what everyone's favourites are.

I'll start the ball rolling with one of my favourites from Parallel Universe.

Rimmer: You're disgusting. You only want me for one thing!

Female Rimmer: Why, how many have you got?

awesome :angry:

one of my fave quotes of all time is from Gunmen of the Apocylipse:

Lister: Rimmer, the escape pod is not an option.

Rimmer: Why not?

Lister: It escaped last Thursday. I was having a few beers. I didn't bother to get up, so I used the release mechanism as a bottle opener.

[imitates sound of escape pod travelling in space]

I have an old sound bite of it and it never fails to cheer me up :P

surfy sah xx

awesome :blink:

one of my fave quotes of all time is from Gunmen of the Apocylipse:

Lister: Rimmer, the escape pod is not an option.

Rimmer: Why not?

Lister: It escaped last Thursday. I was having a few beers. I didn't bother to get up, so I used the release mechanism as a bottle opener.

[imitates sound of escape pod travelling in space]

I have an old sound bite of it and it never fails to cheer me up :chair:

surfy sah xx

Other than the obvious, (See Fav Quotes below):

CHANGE OF PLAN..LEG IT always has me rolling on the floor.

Here are a couple of mine

“Talkie Toaster: The question is this: given that God is infinite and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a toasted tea-cake?

Holly: That's another bready question!

Talkie Toaster: No, it's not just bready. It's quite curranty, too!â€

Rimmer -So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead with him for your freedom...and you are telling me you are completely sane?

Very well. Rasputin, bring hither the skin diving suit with the bottom cut out, and unleash the rampant wildebeest.

Edited by joyce

Rimmer -So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead with him for your freedom...and you are telling me you are completely sane?

lol...i was just about to post that one ....lol.

hmm,

Rimmer: Mr Flibble is very cross.

Lister: its a weird thing computer senitity.

Kryten: I once knew a droid that prefered everyone called him ramases niblick the third kurplunk kurplunk kurplunk whoops wheres my thribble.

Cat: Im looking smooth with a capital Smoo.

Mine is this from White Hole;

Kryten: Well Space Corp Directive 195 clearly states that in an emergency power situation, a hologrammatic crewmember must give up his life in order that the living crewmembers might survive.

Rimmer: Yes, but Rimmer Directive 271 states just as clearly, "No chance you metal ba***rd."

I think that is brilliant!! MAkes me laugh everytime!! Who else likes this?

I do have loads of favourite quotes but i think Red Dwarf in general is just the best! No need to pin specific quotes down as you are always bound to find a brilliant quote within the first 2 minutes of an episode starting!!! lol

Mark

Not necessarily a quote from the show but I remember seeing the cast on (American?) TV when they did a Q+A panel and an American young girl in the audience got up and asked, "What's smeg?".

What happened after that? And is it on YouTube somewhere?

Edited by nicky

“Talkie Toaster: The question is this: given that God is infinite and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a toasted tea-cake?

Holly: That's another bready question!

LOVE IT! :lol: right that settles it, I'm gunna be watching RD on the train to Bedord this weekend!! I can probably get through atleast the first season before arriving into London! :P

surfy sah xx

Cat:Theres an old cat saying......but you dont want to hear it right now...

Cat: Theres an old cat saying.Its better to live an hour as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm

Rimmer:Yes, but whoever heard of a worm skin rug?

Lister: Let me slip into something more comfortable. Its called starbug...

An all time classic:

Rimmer: "Step up to red alert!"

Kryten: "Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."

or

Cat: I'm so hungry, I just have to eat!

Lister: Shh! Rimmer's dad died.

Cat: Well. I'd prefer chicken. (!)

XX

Not necessarily a quote from the show but I remember seeing the cast on (American?) TV when they did a Q+A panel and an young American girl in the audience got up and asked, "What's smeg?".

Does no one here know what I'm on about then? I thought it was a famous occurence in RD fandom?

Edited by nicky

Not necessarily a quote from the show but I remember seeing the cast on (American?) TV when they did a Q+A panel and an young American girl in the audience got up and asked, "What's smeg?".

Does no one here know what I'm on about then? I thought it was a famous occurence in RD fandom?

All I saw was that the actors creased up laughing (and I think Craig fell off his chair). I haven't seen anything more than that.

All I saw was that the actors creased up laughing (and I think Craig fell off his chair). I haven't seen anything more than that.

The clip that i saw ( which may be on one of the dvds but im not sure which one) they kind of got of the stage really quickly and hid behind it. I know that ive seen something like that and im sure it was on one of the reddwarf dvds....:headscratch:

Edited by maegurwen

slightly OT...

if anyone still needs to pick up the RD DVDs, they are currently about £6.50 each delivered! search HERE :( I am also eye'ing up the game (would be something fun for the con! :D) and the Smegs DVDs, once I start my new job and get paid in May :YAHOO:

but yes, quotes, yey :smile:

surfy sah xx

slightly OT...

if anyone still needs to pick up the RD DVDs, they are currently about £6.50 each delivered! search HERE ;) I am also eye'ing up the game (would be something fun for the con! :eek:) and the Smegs DVDs, once I start my new job and get paid in May :D

but yes, quotes, yey :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

I got mine in the closing down sales at Zavvi so they worked out at roughly £5 each. I'm still hoping to get Seasons 7 and 8 for a similar price, particularly as they aren't as good as the earlier seasons. If I get the ones I still need and there are no cancellations, I'm thinking about getting each season signed by a different guest.

Another one was rimmers dodecahedron speach... (its too long for me to remember or even type out lol.)

Here is it, in all it's glory.

Just thinking. Assuming of course we're not dealing with five-dimensional objects in a basic Euclidean geometric universe and given the essential premise that all geo-mathematics is based on the hideously limiting notion that one plus one equals two, and not as Astemeyer correctly postulates that one and two are in fact the same thing observed from different precepts, the theoretical shape described by Siddus must therefore be a poly-dri-doc-deca-wee-hedron-a-hexa-sexa-hedro-adicon-a-di-bi-dolly-he-deca-dodron. Everything else is poppycock. Isn't that so?

Another one was rimmers dodecahedron speach... (its too long for me to remember or even type out lol.)

Here is it, in all it's glory.

Just thinking. Assuming of course we're not dealing with five-dimensional objects in a basic Euclidean geometric universe and given the essential premise that all geo-mathematics is based on the hideously limiting notion that one plus one equals two, and not as Astemeyer correctly postulates that one and two are in fact the same thing observed from different precepts, the theoretical shape described by Siddus must therefore be a poly-dri-doc-deca-wee-hedron-a-hexa-sexa-hedro-adicon-a-di-bi-dolly-he-deca-dodron. Everything else is poppycock. Isn't that so?

:D:P thanks dwarfbabe.

Another favorite is:

Lister: It thinks were a food, a threat or a mate. Its going to kill us , eat us or hump us. We either persuade it were not that kind of salvage vessel or we scarper pronto!

Kryten to Camille:

But you don't know them! You'll like them! Well...some of them. Well...one of them. Maybe.

The Cat to Lister, sitting down to dinner:

Mmm-mm! Something smells good! What is it? It's me...I love this aftershave!