Schedule of Events: Chevron 7.2

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

This is the most n00bish question on the planet, and I cringe as I type it..

Joe's "anyone left" photoshoot on Sunday - it's during the normal lunch hour. Will it definitely go ahead? i.e. it's not going to be a case of only happening if people specifically say that they didn't get through on Saturday? I have a ticket to go somewhere else on Saturday (which I want to punch myself in the face for) and probably won't decide until the morning whether to actually leave... and I only really want Joe's photo as I already have the others.

As it's on the schedule it'll go ahead. Just make sure you're their at 1pm sharp because once he's gone that'll be it.

Actually, and I hate to differ from Too Tall, but if Joe gets through all the numbers for his photo shoot on Saturday then the Sunday one may not happen at all. It is really only there in case for some reason we cannot fit everyone in on Saturday. Therefore anyone who has a photo ticket for Joe should go through on Saturday to be certain of seeing him! :D

Hope that clears things up! (Sorry Too Tall, I should have communicated this to you)! :P

Mark :P

Edited by Too Tall

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says.

I'll put my hands up. Too many shows and I got mixed up and thought this show had 150 gold like Twilight and the Hub 2, and it doesn't, it has 100. So I've had to do a bit of rejigging.

In the mean time.

For those that asked, Guest Encounters are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/buscuit) with around 20 attendees and a guest.

These are auctioned off at the event.

How does the auction work so that 20 people can all win - is each one auctioned one after the other??

I have question. If somebody bids 200 from the beginning, is it gurantee to win, or you need to bid from £5.

• Moderators

I have question. If somebody bids 200 from the beginning, is it gurantee to win, or you need to bid from £5.

Guaranteed? Probably. Unless 20 people bid above that, and no one's going to do that. There'll always be people that bid crazy high prices, but unless a LOT of people do the same, it won't end up that much. What Too Tall said is more likely:

Sheets are put up on the walls. One for each guest experience.

Attendees bid by putting their badge number and their highest amount on the sheet. At a specific time, say 1pm, the sheets come down and the top 20 bids win. But everyone pays the price the 20th winner bid.

So let's say 30 people bid and once sorted they look like this...

£200, £35, £33, £33, £31, £27, £26, £26, £25, £24, £22, £22, £20, £20, £20, £18, £18, £17, £17, £15, £10, £10, £10, £9, £7, £7, £5, £5, £5, £5.

As the 20th highest bid is £15, all those people with a bid higher than £15 win, but only pay £15. Even the crazy person that bid £200.

Hope that makes sense.

I really wouldn't suggest bidding £200... best idea is to bid low. Otherwise other people will start bidding higher, not necessarily to match the £200 but to go closer to it. Someone who might've bid £8 could bid £30... and that ruins it for everyone, including the £200 person who might've paid £8 or £15 but now pays £30 or more!

I really wouldn't suggest bidding £200... best idea is to bid low. Otherwise other people will start bidding higher, not necessarily to match the £200 but to go closer to it. Someone who might've bid £8 could bid £30... and that ruins it for everyone, including the £200 person who might've paid £8 or £15 but now pays £30 or more!

thanks

I dont know anything about Con, and everytime their is something new, I havent heard anything about guest encounter. here, everybody is a bit confused with this. even people on gateworld, having trouble understanding it.

its very nice of joe to agree to have another chance for the other 20 other people. have you had a chance with the guest encounter.

I'm in Group 12, which is the last group scheduled for signing with Joe on Sunday. I've already been told that I can use my husband's standard ticket to get another autograph from Joe, but when do I have to get this? Do I get both at the same time, or do I have to queue up again after the group's finished?

Also, my group's scheduled to get Colin's autograph at 9am on Saturday. If I'm not able to get to the convention in time, will there be a chance later on to get his autograph?

Sorry for all the questions I keep asking. It's my first convention, I'm extremely nervous and just want to make sure I know what I'm doing :poki:

• Showmasters Admin

You can get both at the same time, there is no need to queue up again.

As per the "How things work!" thread. You can not miss your turn. You can join a queue ANYTIME after you are called. So if you get there at 10am, and your group has already been called you can join the queue straight away.

But please do remember that the group times are only an estimate and so we may have some of the Saturday groups still to do on Sunday morning, or you may get called last thing on Saturday. There are big sheets outside the autograph sessions that make it clear if you have or haven't been called.

Because of work commitments i am unable to attend for the whole weekend. Is it possible to come for just the 1 day ie Sunday and if so would it be the same cost as i would not be able to attend the final party either. I dont really want to miss these guys but as i say, i and my two co stargate fans could only come on Sunday. While i am at it i had better ask if there are any tickets left as well.

I've had to wait until this week to see if I'd have enough money for a photoshoot with the guests and I have. :huh:

So I can buy the tickets on the Friday for Saturday, yes?

And is maybe no photo's on the Sunday only happening with Joe?

Thanks in advance.

you are right , its not fare ,its better if it starts low, maybe most people wont go beyond £50, why bid high, if you can get it less. I suppose its better to put up a maximum of £40 instead of keep going back and forth and checking it.

I think we will understand everything better when get there.

it seems to confuse us this guest encounter

I've had to wait until this week to see if I'd have enough money for a photoshoot with the guests and I have. :huh:

You can try Friday, but the tickets may not be sold once the initial rush for registration is over.

There's plenty of time left to buy them Satuday. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Yes. If Joe gets through all tickets Saturday, he will not be doing a photo shoot Sunday.

I've had to wait until this week to see if I'd have enough money for a photoshoot with the guests and I have. :D

You can try Friday, but the tickets may not be sold once the initial rush for registration is over.

There's plenty of time left to buy them Satuday. :P

Thanks in advance.

Yes. If Joe gets through all tickets Saturday, he will not be doing a photo shoot Sunday.

Thank you for quick reply. See you all next week. :WAVE:

Because of work commitments i am unable to attend for the whole weekend. Is it possible to come for just the 1 day ie Sunday and if so would it be the same cost as i would not be able to attend the final party either. I dont really want to miss these guys but as i say, i and my two co stargate fans could only come on Sunday. While i am at it i had better ask if there are any tickets left as well.

if you are able to attend for the whole of Sunday, you are still getting your moneys worth really! :angry: cause you are getting all the guest's autos included which would normally be say £15 each for everyone except Joe who would probs be £20 so technically then you are only paying a fiver to see all the talks, the closing ceremoney and probs the party/evening stuff on Sat? (unless you live close enough to get there really early on Sunday B) ) and also the photos are less than at a signing event so technically you're actually saving money :D;)

hope you can make it :P

surfy sah xx

:blink:

Just a quick question, if you purchase extra autographs – do you have to use them together or can they be used separately ie join the queue at any time , its just that I have noticed that some of my autograph sessions are before the photo sessions and I would have liked to had them signed.

Thank you

Lou

• Showmasters Admin

Once you are called you can only join the queue once until the queue becomes open i.e. everyone has been seen once.

So you have 2 choices.

1: Go down once with whatever. Then wait until everyone is seen and go down again with your photo shoots.

2: Wait until you have your photo shoots back and go down once. You do NOT have to join the queue as soon as you are called. You can join any time after you are called. So waiting is no issue. But as above once you're joined once you can not join again until everyone has been seen once.

PS: There is a maximium number of autographs you can get on your first time down the queue. This is usually your one free one and two extras. Once the queue is open you can get as many as you like. This rule is in place to make sure everyone gets to see the guest at least once.

I'd suggest if you have 3 or less to get to do number 2. But if you choose to wait please make sure you don't miss the end of the autograph session on Sunday. Once it's over on Sunday that's it for autographs.

Edited by Too Tall

Once you are called you can only join the queue once until the queue becomes open i.e. everyone has been seen once.

So you have 2 choices.

1: Go down once with whatever. Then wait until everyone is seen and go down again with your photo shoots.

2: Wait until you have your photo shoots back and go down once. You do NOT have to join the queue as soon as you are called. You can join any time after you are called. So waiting is no issue. But as above once you're joined once you can not join again until everyone has been seen once.

PS: There is a maximium number of autographs you can get on your first time down the queue. This is usually your one free one and two extras. Once the queue is open you can get as many as you like. This rule is in place to make sure everyone gets to see the guest at least once.

I'd suggest if you have 3 or less to get to do number 2. But if you choose to wait please make sure you don't miss the end of the autograph session on Sunday. Once it's over on Sunday that's it for autographs.

thank you :chair:

You do NOT have to join the queue as soon as you are called. You can join any time after you are called

I think thats what I was confused about :blink: