• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The bands / artists I like are:

The Stranglers

The Grid

Ooberman

Hollywood Beyond

Apollo 440 (or Apollo Four Forty - however you want to write their name)

Badly Drawn Boy

The Avalanches

Chumbawamba

The Coral

David Gray

Dido

Gabriella Cilmi

"Weird Al" Yankovic

Gene Pitney

Groove Armada

The Hives

and others.

I'm seeing all these this year in Birmingham and Wolverhampton (Hugh Cornwell on his own without the Stranglers)

Hugh has been without them since 1990, shame they wont get together again.

Well I have fangirling phases over particular bands/artists. Right now it's Michael Jackson. Blates. But other than that I like to listen to:

The Rasmus

My Chemical Romance

Within Temptation

Cinema Bizarre

Negative

Madina Lake

SpeedTheory

Savage Garden

Panik (fka Nevada Tan)

OOMPH!

Upon Descent

Maximum The Hormone

and there's so many other bands I like but only in moderation, like Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters, Apocalyptica, Papa Roach, and all the rest.

So yeah. I have weird musical taste. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I recommend a band? If you've heard of The Distillers chances are you'll have heard of Spinnerette..but have you HEARD them? If not

The Distillers were one of my favourite bands (still are if I am honest) so I thought I'd do a wee bit of advertising for the new band lol.

The song took me two or three listens to enjoy but I did enjoy it.

First one is an actual video..second one is just a song I like.

Some eye candy for you guys as well, I guess :).

I love Spinnerette! I too was a Distillers fan and was gutted that I never got to see them live.

Anyway, at the moment I'm mostly listening to:

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Bright Eyes

Sonic Youth

The Cure

Minus the Bear

Faith No More (finally got to see them at Download this year :D )

Black Kids

Interpol

Sufjan Stevens

Jeff Buckley

Deftones

Radiohead

Motley Crue

Glassjaw

Every Time I Die

Queens of the Stone Age

The Decemberists

I could go on but it would take me all day! I'll give most things a listen, I'm not too genre specific :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I listein to the following:

Metal - Death, Black, Industrial, Thrash, Avante-Garde, Nu-, White (Christian), Symphonic, Stoner, Doom, Speed, Groove, Power, Progressive, NWOBHM and all the affiliated sub-sub genres (e.g. Progressive-Death Metal)

'Core - Metal, Grind, Death and Hard

Rock - Stoner, Hard, Blues-, Progressive, Instrumental, Glam, Indie, Grunge, Folk, Gothic & classic

Pop

Folk

Punk - -Rock, Pop-,

Classical - Predominantly contempary classical (e.g. Planets, Haze, Enya et. all)

Currently loving:

Planets

Diablo Swing Orchestra

World/Inferno Friendship Society

Deicide

Opeth

& Bad Religion

Favourite bands:

Iron Maiden

Akercocke

Dream Theater

Opeth

Cannibal Corpse

The Damned

Deicide

Therapy?

Slayer

Pantera

John Tam

Panic Cell

Dark Tranquility

Diablo Swing Orchestra

Mastodon

Napalm Death

Muse

& Morbid Angel

My favourite band of all time is hands down Papa Roach, seen them live twice and the passion they have is incredible, Really wish I could go to one of their shows this October which have VIP tickets to meet the band.. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

went to the Pearl Jam concert last night at MEN - it was great

Pearl Jam ROCKS as always

shame they did not sing Jeremy - but hey they did not sing either jeremy or Alive 9 years ago when they were last at MEN - the roof lifted off the arena when they sang alive this time

hopefully they will not leave it as long the next time they arena tour in the UK

the dude :thumbup:

I'm on my way home from seeing NFG - epic gig, they never fail to deliver a phenominal show. I know snot182 went, but did any of you others go?

Really wish I could go to one of their shows this October which have VIP tickets to meet the band.. :(

Do they not meet fans outside after? Or is that a bonus proper meet and greet?

I'm on my way home from seeing NFG - epic gig, they never fail to deliver a phenominal show. I know snot182 went, but did any of you others go?

Really wish I could go to one of their shows this October which have VIP tickets to meet the band.. :unsure:

This is an extra thing thats before the gig, you get to watch sound check, get a group photo with the band, a signed poster and get in to the actual gig before anyone else and get to buy stuff before anyone else too. Unfortunatly its pretty much sold out.

This is an extra thing thats before the gig, you get to watch sound check, get a group photo with the band, a signed poster and get in to the actual gig before anyone else and get to buy stuff before anyone else too. Unfortunatly its pretty much sold out.

In that case, it sounds fantastic! It must cost a ridiculous amount though? I know the Duran Duran ones are stupidly expensive, and the Fall Out Boy ones are won. And yeah, I can imagine it would have sold so quickly.

In terms of genres i like anything but my favorites are anything from musicals etc.

Or punk, screamo, emo, rock, & Alternative. Oh and techno :P

My favorites are probably..

John Barrowman (Obviously lol)

Rhydian Roberts

Avenue Q :(

And then...

MSI

The Rocket Summer

Simple plan

Hawthorne heights

Taking back sunday

Three days grace

Breaking Benjamin

CASIOKID

Stereo Skyline

Chameleon circuit

Attack Attack!

Nevershoutnever!

Silverstein

Fall out boy

MCR

Panic! at the disco

Boys like girls

The kooks

Snow Patrol

Alexisonfire

Rise against

The all american rejects

Linkin Park

Thats what I'm mostly listening to at the moment.

Really wish I could go to one of their shows this October which have VIP tickets to meet the band.. :blink:

It cost £70 I think, but doesnt include the gig ticket, not to mention travel costs, so at this time I just couldnt afford it. :borg:

Really wish I could go to one of their shows this October which have VIP tickets to meet the band.. :blink:

NFG was great on Saturday but we venue really screwed up over with leting in us late and NFG having to finish before they were ready, not happy

NFG was great on Saturday but we venue really screwed up over with leting in us late and NFG having to finish before they were ready, not happy

Couldn't agree more. I got there at about 6:15 ready for the doors at 6:30...then was shocked to have to wait 50 minutes to be let in as I knew the venue had an early curfew. It was such a shame. Then again, I'm happy we got to see ISHC so in my mind that kinda makes up for them having to cut their set short.