Serious Talk Time

yesindeed

Okay guys i'm going to start with something very Hypocritical, usually i'm one of the first to try and make a joke out of something but can i ask that we try and be serious in this thread, thanks

Now to business

i know we are still a good bit away from the event (202 days from the date i posted this) but i feel we need to stay on-top of this and ride with it as best we can and if we do this right then everybody wins

the main issues from the last show was Advertising and Promoting. From the conversations i had with Jason at the last show and what other people were saying it should be allot better

But if everyone can help with this it will be in everyones best intrest, if you hand out flyers on your days of, if you make up posters and spend your own money on it or even if you just tell anyone and everyone who will listen about the show, when it is, who the guests are and get them a bit interested that would be great

The more we fans can put into the show the more the guys at SM will give us back. people keep putting BIG names into the "What Guests Would You Like" but the truth is we ain't going to get those names unless we go that extra mile

if you look at any of the other shows boards with the exception of maybe Twilight i think we have one of the biggest followings and people who want to help than most of the others, lets show SM why they should keep coming to Glasgow

I know i've came down very hard on Jason and some of the guys pretty hard before, but they are the only show that comes up to scotland and it would be a hell of a lot easier for them to say "to hell with you lot" and not come up than it would having to deal with hundreds of tiny problems that will no doubt arise in the following months............Ranting a bit now, atleast i aint as bad as Bale though

Essentially what i'm trying to say is stay positive

Lastly it was mentioned not long after the last show about possibly meeting up somewhere and discussing ideas as a group, are we all still wanting to do this or are we gonna joke about what sci/fi weapon is the best (joke)

some things i think we should think about as well are

1) Money, fylers cost.....maybe a fund raising night or something?

2) Flyering, we should try and co-ordinate and work out the best places for it and the best times to do it

3) Recruitment

and 4)i know Scapey would prob like some more ideas on how to make the party (for there will be one! even if we have to throw it our selfs) as best as it can be

Thanks for Reading Greg

I think the cost of the flyers themselves is 100% Showmasters' responsibility.

We'll hand them out as far in advance as we can - I think a few free entry passes in exchange for that much work is a great deal for SM without anyone paying for the actual printing! What's minimum wage right now? £5.70 odd per hour? :smile:

If SM can get the flyers printed well enough in advance, and get them TO us, then we can hit the ground running.

Glasgow City Centre is, I think, a good place to hit.

I've touched on this before, but it would be good to have a "Home base" to flyer from - Forbidden Planet would be ideal for flyering Buchanan Street, and it gives us somewhere to go if anyone decides to start any nonsense with folk flyering in costume.

I don't think they're on board, though, unless anyone knows different?

I can talk to the lads in Gamestation, see if we can copromote with them, and thereby flyer Union Street - And the Cathouse Under-18s queue :smile:

Braehead is, IMHO, secondary in terms of flyerage as many of the people we'd be flyering will likely be there anyway.

Not that we shouldn't hit 'em at some point :)

As well as in-person flyering, we should have a list of place we can do flyer-drops in.

Pubs, shops, and possible even clubs.

My next post will be the list - If you have anything to add to it, hit "Quote" then delete the bits between the [] brackets! ( i.e. "[ quote ]" and "[ / quote ]" )

Edited by Reverend Scapegoat

Places to flyer-drop:

Forbidden Planet, Buchanan Street

A1 Comics, Parnie Street

Static Games, Parnie Street

Hell, ALL the hops in Parnie Street and the surrounding area! :)

Cult Clothing, Queen Street

Twisted Wheel pub, Queen Street

Avalanche Records, Dundas Street

Microplay LAN Gaming, Union Street

I to would be happy to hand out flyers where I live.

Could also advertise it on Scotrail trains. Sometimes notice a board saying if you want to advertise here call this number etc. (Will take note of the number next time I see it). And closer to the event get an ad for it printed in popular newspapers.

Edited by Tanith

i would also try some of the universities and collages

A1 and static are in, i don't even need to ask i know they are in

outside the cathouse is a great idea

outside the gallery of modern art is full of the right kind of people

if we can get some flyers for the Doctor Who Exhibition next month would be a massive score

flyering a couple of Online Gaming Centers is worth a shot

but Braehead is just about covered, i got big ideas and plans in motion

i'm going to try and flyer when the WWE is in town, and hopefully get some decent ad space

but this is just glasgow, i think if we stick to our nearest city center would be best

another idea i had was maybe flyering outside the cinemas when some geeky films come out

and maybe a publicty stunt, like a flash mob or something

flyering outside the cinemas

Or do as i did, put them in the Cinema (did ask first)

Really the best Ads are the ones Showmasters put in the paper (This is how i first found out about them) the only thing i would say is put an ad in well before the event not just the week before, the WWE and TNA had them in the papers for a long time.

I must say a wee meet up with all you fellow Scots would be a great idea before the event.

Email me if any of you want at mojoedark@aol.com (Always happy to talk about anything)

Edited by mojoe

Hey!

This is a great idea, I'm up for helping in anyway I can (but am out of the country until june)!

Flyering, i think, is key the places you guys suggested are the main ones.

Advertising on the train would also be really great, the Ayr-Glasgow train would be a good one to hit, it's always really busy.

I guess also putting some flyers on local notice boards, every town has them, if not in the librarys or something.

Also radio shout outs, If people here about it they can look up more info online. A couple of good ones would be West FM, Clyde 1 and Real Radio, because they are really popular.

An ad. in the Metro free paper would be pretty good as well........ Or local newspapers, because lots of folk read them for school news and such like, plus advertising in them is cheap!

But yeah i'm really willing to help, elspeth_renfrew@hotmail.com

I live in Troon, so anything around there i'd be more then willing to do!

Edited by Elspeth

flyering outside the cinemas

Or do as i did, put them in the Cinema (did ask first)

Really the best Ads are the ones Showmasters put in the paper (This is how i first found out about them) the only thing i would say is put an ad in well before the event not just the week before, the WWE and TNA had them in the papers for a long time.

I must say a wee meet up with all you fellow Scots would be a great idea before the event.

Email me if any of you want at mojoedark@aol.com (Always happy to talk about anything)

hi gregg count me in if you need anything or need any of my contacts email me at johnwarnock@hotmail.com or look me up on facebook cheers john :vader:

... if you make up posters...

Given the aggro last time, I would say that these must be cleared by SM first, if only to ensure that information is correct, any copyright clearances obtained, necessary legal disclaimers included etc.

was plannin on it, not wantin another bust up like last time

• 3 weeks later...