Amber Benson and Robert Picardo

touchthesky

• Moderators

That's not true though - guest announcements often get un-stickied after a while anyway, so there's very rarely a full lineup stuck to the top of a section.

While the forum is the best place for up to date stuff, the website is best for a full lineup view.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it not make sense, then, to adopt a policy of having all guest announcements stickied in their respective forum areas, with a set "Thread Title" format?

( Easy then to also inform folk about cancellations if need be simply by editing the thread title. )

Looking at the forums, you'd be forgiven for thinking that that is how it's done anyway - Randomly stickying some announcements and not others makes no sense and only causes confusion.

• 1 month later...

We met Robert at a previous event. My daughter then aged 5 made a card for him and handed it to him. he turned to the guy sitting next to him and said " look the little girl has given me a card with my name on it, must be incase i forget who I am." He genuinely thought that she'd just written his name on an envelope for him. Ethan Philips who was sitting near told him that it was a card. Made a meeting that I wont forget in a long time.

Seeing Robert Picardo on the guest list has given me idea of wearing a ST Voyager costume.... but I'm not sure how nerdy that will look!

I say do it

Seconded, thirded, forthed and fifthed. That means if I see you not wearing a Voyager uniform then you're in trouble, young man.

Good guests to have but many people in the general public unfortunately don't know who they are, we've had it all before with get bigger guests but hard to fathom the logic of spending according to figures on here £5000+ on advertising for the Glasgow show alone! with guests like current line up. Not sure what attendance figures would be like with grassroots approach word of mouth / links on many sites as possible/ people putting up posters / free advertising in newspapers try get guest to do interview then at end mention of appearance no charge / adverts at Braehead obviously, etc.

The £5000+ for advertising could have gone into the guest list instead, not being negative but just being honest the current guest list aren't enough to pull in a lot of the general public who don't normally attend such events. Anyone that has been to previous event knows it is on already, so the advertising budget obviously lost on them. Forbidden Planet & A1 Comics will probably have posters up inside stores. Any real fans (& especially fans of current guest line up) probably know it is on already.

I'm sure fans in Glasgow will enjoy meeting Amber & Robert.

Almost forgot Collectormania Glasgow on Twitter, Bebo , My Space, Facebook, etc. May be on already on some but easy to set up basic pages that don't require much time to do.

Good guests to have but many people in the general public unfortunately don't know who they are, we've had it all before with get bigger guests but hard to fathom the logic of spending according to figures on here £5000+ on advertising for the Glasgow show alone!

Ah jeez, here we go again...

Good guests to have but many people in the general public unfortunately don't know who they are, we've had it all before with get bigger guests but hard to fathom the logic of spending according to figures on here £5000+ on advertising for the Glasgow show alone!

Ah jeez, here we go again...

It's like being stuck in some kind of depressing time loop....

For the love of Lucifer! Just drop it ^_^

Seeing Robert Picardo on the guest list has given me idea of wearing a ST Voyager costume.... but I'm not sure how nerdy that will look!

I say do it

Seconded, thirded, forthed and fifthed. That means if I see you not wearing a Voyager uniform then you're in trouble, young man.

Fair enough. Look for a command red uniform hanging around a bunch of colonial marine folks.

Ah, I know who you are now.

TREK JAMMIES! :YAHOO:

Get a blue jumpsuit, dude, and borrow Fraz's bugstompers if they fit?

:P

I keed, I keed. Your Trek uniform is cool. I had a DS9 one back in the day, but the comm badge was too heavy and kept falling off.

That was when, if you wanted it to make a noise, you needed a soundboard the size of a 10-deck of fags inside your shirt to make it chirp!

Edited by Reverend Scapegoat

Ah, I know who you are now.

TREK JAMMIES! :P

Get a blue jumpsuit, dude, and borrow Fraz's bugstompers if they fit?

;)

I keed, I keed. Your Trek uniform is cool. I had a DS9 one back in the day, but the comm badge was too heavy and kept falling off.

That was when, if you wanted it to make a noise, you needed a soundboard the size of a 10-deck of fags inside your shirt to make it chirp!

You're forgetting, I now have a set of BDU's too.