Park Inn

Oregon-snowglobe

I've just tried to book the park inn and have been told it's fully booked!! 5 months before the event!! Looks like E3's going to be a success. I can't remember the hotel being fully booked for E2 this far before the event and with no guests being announced

Did you tell them explicitly that you were with the convention? I understand that ME/SM have block booked the entire hotel, so 'normal' punters can't book rooms that weekend.

I'd be VERY surprised if the hotel is sold out, given as you have to pay in advance!

A quick read of this thread will show that perhaps some of the hotel staff aren't quite as on the ball as they should be. In summary:

* you need to phone the hotel direct to book, do not try to use the Park Inn website to book

* you need to stress that you are booking as part of the Massive Events convention booking. (Might be an idea to say "they are the people who have block-booked most of the hotel, and have told us to ring up to book our own rooms within that" - or something to that effect)

* I think I'm correct in saying that you need to pay at time of booking (thanks to the considerable number of selfish late-cancellers at a previous convention).

I had told them I was booking for the Eclipse weekend but still they told me they were full! It took two more calls before I finally got someone to admit they had made a mistake and so I have booked two rooms!! But he did say that there were not many rooms left....and the ones which were left were only doubles

The reason why the hotel is probably already getting full is that the block booking by Massive only went into effect around the time of eclipse 2.

As soon as the dates for Eclipse 3 were announced I booked a room via the Park Inn website at a cheaper rate than the typicaly con rate (although it does not include the fab Park Inn breakfast). Perhaps a few other people did that.

Also at that time the old system was in place meaning that I don't have to pay for my room until I check out - which is a bonus for me.

VERY surprised if this is booked out already, especially considering the fact that no guests have been announced for the show so I wouldn't have thought that many people would have booked in advance.. also, the paying for a room up-front, I would of expected to cut down on the amount of people booking really early...

Typically, the May Bank Holiday (when Eclipse is being held) is one of the biggest Wedding weekends of the year, so perhaps there is something else going on in the Hotel (or in one of the neighbouring hotels) at the same time which is why so many rooms are booked...

• Moderators

It's a bit of a problem really if it is the case. I don't know many people that have actually booked, and a lot won't until the guests are announced because of the pre-payment etc.

Seems like more might be in the other hotel this time round.

Absolutely lame. Not impressed about having to trek back and forth again. This can't be right. How many people have actually bought their E3 ticket? I thought everyone was Christmas-skint.

Edited by Lenatalia

• 5 weeks later...

FINALLY got the money for the hotel and it's fully booked...even when we mentioned it was for the Eclipse Event. Guess we left it too late but we just couldn't afford it until now.

What was the Ibis like? :D Stayed at the Travel Lodge last time but it's a little annoying going back and forth. Would rather be close by!

• Moderators

I phoned yesterday and was told there were no Twin rooms left, but around 50 double rooms for the Eclipse weekend.

So unless they've had an insane surge, which is highly unlikely, I'd call and make sure you talk to someone who knows what they're talking about.

LOL that's not very good customer service or business sense, them turning business away and all haha!

I need a strictly twin room though anyway, and I can't afford separate rooms so it looks like it'll still be The Ibis or Travel Lodge! It's my best guy friend going with me and the fiance would not be impressed if we had a double room. It's definitely not ideal haha.

Thanks for the help though! :)

Edited by sarahlilly