Heroes Season 3 - Episode 11 Discussion

DavidB

• Moderators

capturehz1.jpg

And now ...

Episode 11 - The Eclipse, Part 2

Airs Monday December 1st

Last Episode Recap:

Turtle head bopped! And youngHiro totally loves him. That wins me over.

Seth Green was in it! Though he didn't have a chance to do much. Yay, go Oz!

Sylar and Elle are awesome together. Whoever said they don't have chemistry is A LIAR.

Noah's pretty evil really. I bet he'd kill his Clairebear if he could. With his bare hands.

It's a shame Mohinder's cocoon was breakable. I wouldn't have missed him.

Baron Samedi (aka the Haitian's brother) would've been better if it was the Bond villain.

What's the Haitian's name?

Peter's still alive. Why didn't Nathan just drop him somewhere random and leave him there?

Sylar hates Heroes. Well if you don't even like your own show ..

The Vortexhouse isn't half as fun without Vortexman.

Tracy is pointless. That's about all I have to say about her.

Who's writing the 9th Wonders comics? Are they still Isaac's work left over?

Someone needs to give Arthur a hug. The man deserves love.

I think they should eliminate precog paintings. It's been overused now.

I'm hoping for a Heroes vs Predator crossover in Haiti. It'd be fun.

Matt's power is now making people laugh with his thinking face.

Daphne's legs are a mess without her powers. Aww. It made me sad.

Talking of the loss of powers ... why? Hmm!

Claire got shot. Haha. Let her die!

Thank you to Flint for stopping Mohinder going after Maya. He's the man.

Noah is going to shoot Sylar. Or Elle. Or neither. Hopefully neither. YOU baseborn cad.

Ok, really good episode! I know I always complain about deaths not sticking but the deaths in this were a bit too major to stick! Its a shame they had to put them in there at all just to reverse them once the eclipse had passed by! Sylars death wouldve been really dramatic and amazing had it stuck but I had a feeling it wouldnt.

But it was a good ep! Nice to see Hiro and Claire getting some scenes together!! :YAHOO:

Edited by paul

I dunno if I like this ep.

1) Sylar died

2) Sylar may have killed Elle (but I don't think he did someone needs to be baby Noah's mum)

3) HRG shot Elle

4) Sylar tried to kill HRG (seriously I wish my favs got along)

Also where was Mama P? What was the point in bring Maya back for that short time it was stupid. Also did anyone else think HRG was a bit of a perv watching Elle and sylar have some baby Noah making before he shot at them?

BUT Hiro didn't annoy me and did some funny things and Seth Green rocked.

• Moderators

Out of all the deaths in this episode, why would it be Elle's that actually sticks? NO!

I'm getting a little bored of the death copout business now. It feels way overdone. Though I suppose Elle hasn't been confirmed dead so it's technically not going to be a copout when she's still there.

If it was for real why doesn't he shock him like before? Also its abit weird to kill her now as he sacrificed his life to save hers like 10 mins before haha. She's not dead me thinks if she is I won't be happy there are many other characters wo should die before her.

I think Elle is dead... (but I guess there can always be flash-backs!)

I agree there are waaaay too many cop out deaths now... and while I LOVE Elle, having her dead at least shows that the writers are willing to kill someone off... same with David Anders...

Just a shame that it was the good characters they killed while they still keep the more boring ones around...

Also did anyone else think HRG was a bit of a perv watching Elle and sylar have some baby Noah making before he shot at them?

*Raises hand*

sorry still prossesing half naked zachary images...normal service will resume shortly ( also looky hulk pants gone bye bye lol)

Best part of the episode....though I liked the plot too. And again I am in awe of how long his legs are, really sexy. :P

I was sad about Elle, I'm actually hoping this death doesn't stick.

And did anyone notice how sneaky Sylar got in a kiss before he killed her. :blush:

I loved when Sylar actually got some good hits with HRG.

ok digested.

i love the way there drawing a defenate line between gabriel and sylar now. i don't think he killed Elle.

he had no need to apart from to be an utter B%^^&%& . he already has her power as i've already said the only thing it would get him would be to lose him the only thing he has and maybe get him the truth about his parentage, but that wouldnt work either as thats not going to be imput on the brain tissue.

i also dont think there would be that much of a change full stop. not five minuites before he was saving elle and now hes going to kill her? sylar is evil ( again yay!) he's not twisted unlike hrg who's just a dirty perv.

looky at mohinderbeast almost getting himself a back bone.

could they not have just left claire and her bad hair dead? what was with the make up it made her look even more like she was wearing a bad wig....

flint...he reminds me more and more of my cousin ever time he opens his mouth...pronounce boy roll your toung around the words.

just when it looked like nathen was going to be a half decent charecter again he's gone back to type. damn it

love the haitian.

if i were sandra bennet i would have handed noah his head back on a plate by now.

i love the hero/ando/seth + brecken story line at the moment i love the fact its all in the comic books lol,

i also love the matt and daphnie storyline its getting me more and more one f the trully belivable couples.

Sylar and Elle are awesome together. Whoever said they don't have chemistry is A LIAR.

:blush: I'm sorry, there's nothing there, that whole storyline is dumb, I'm glad he killed her but the show is still starting to grate, at least this episode had a few good elements in it.

It's becoming a show full of pretty people for people to ogle at (the replies in this thread seem to back that up too) and it's really losing its substance.

• Moderators

Becoming a show full of pretty people? To be fair, it's a show built around a cast where the majority are 'pretty people' and that was right from the beginning. Fans have been perving since day 1! Hayden, Milo, Ali etc .. trust me, Milo's not there for his acting talent obviously.

And you may think the storyline is dumb and that there's nothing there, but I just don't agree. They have fantastic chemistry together when they share a scene, and while it's not a relationship that works on the level that Parkman/Daphne works on, Sylar/Elle had a completely different kind of chemistry between them.

I don't think anyone expected it to have the depth of emotion or realism that some other relationships in Heroes have, mainly because neither character is stable enough to be able to experience that. Granted, I can understand why some don't like who Sylar is when involved with Elle, but it's not like it's a completely wooden relationship with no redeeming features whatsoever.

You don't seem to have enjoyed the show for weeks, so it's no real surprise you've not changed your mind.

Becoming a show full of pretty people? To be fair, it's a show built around a cast where the majority are 'pretty people' and that was right from the beginning. Fans have been perving since day 1! Hayden, Milo, Ali etc .. trust me, Milo's not there for his acting talent obviously.

And you may think the storyline is dumb and that there's nothing there, but I just don't agree. They have fantastic chemistry together when they share a scene, and while it's not a relationship that works on the level that Parkman/Daphne works on, Sylar/Elle had a completely different kind of chemistry between them.

I don't think anyone expected it to have the depth of emotion or realism that some other relationships in Heroes have, mainly because neither character is stable enough to be able to experience that. Granted, I can understand why some don't like who Sylar is when involved with Elle, but it's not like it's a completely wooden relationship with no redeeming features whatsoever.

You don't seem to have enjoyed the show for weeks, so it's no real surprise you've not changed your mind.

this

i just log in to see if he has anything positive to say ever at this point :blush:

• Moderators

It's the same with anyone really - if you don't like it one week, you're very unlikely to like it the next. It's not the kinda show that changes dramatically from week to week, to make some people love one episode and hate the next.

That can be a down side to strong long-term story arcs - if you don't like one part of it, you're very unlikely to like the rest. Unlike other shows that can have a 'story of the week' approach, and you can dip in and out to things that interest you, Heroes is either going to give people what they enjoy or put them off for a while.

The next Volume will be interesting, as it does sound quite different, and that'll be the next big change to shift opinion.

:blush: I'm sorry, there's nothing there, that whole storyline is dumb, I'm glad he killed her but the show is still starting to grate, at least this episode had a few good elements in it.

It's becoming a show full of pretty people for people to ogle at (the replies in this thread seem to back that up too) and it's really losing its substance.

IMO thats complete BS they have the best chemistry in the cast out of ANYONE they are amazing friends off set and that helps with the onscreen stuff.

Maybe it detracts from it I'd say (and you're obviously just the tiniest bit biased to have a proper opinion on that matter I think!). I think Sylar was a great character in season 1, but he was the bad guy, then in season 2 he was the bad guy again, this season they don't know what to do with him and he looks like being the bad guy again, they just haven't moved on.

Seriously, no-one wants to like this season more than me, I loved the first and I didn't think much of the second but I did honestly think the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 2 was great, which left me with enthusiasm for this season but so far it is very, very shallow. No action has a consequence and they are terrified of doing anything risky.

I didn't really get the "full of pretty people" vibe from the first season, the characters seemed like real people for a start, trying to deal with things in a realistic way (as realistic as possible). And let's not forget that Hayden was only 16/17 so it would have been a bit pervy to have those thoughts anyway!

I hope they can get things moving along, there are a few elements that are interesting and I'm going to stick with it, but it's a bit hard wading through the frankly unbelievable things.

I'm also amazed at how slow Noah is with the old trigger, at the end of EP10 he's got them both in his sights (standing up kissing), at the start of EP11 they've just been at each other on the floor. ::)

Edited by Chris Quartly

• Moderators

I just don't get why there's a 'pretty people' vibe now if there wasn't one at the beginning? Ali's character was presented as eye candy right from the start, Milo's always been sold as a male pin-up, and Hayden's always had that attention regardless of her age. Inappropriate or not, she's not an ugly young girl by any means! But then it is a TV show, and most TV casts are made up of typically 'good looking' people anyway. Obviously it's not to a Gossip Girl/The OC type level but still ..

As for Sylar 'not moving on' - this season alone he's worked as a Company agent, found out he has different parents, questioned his purpose in life etc. I don't see it as them not knowing what to do with him, but rather illustrating the inner confusion of a man who is being pulled in many different directions.