Man charged in attack on Momoa

crippsy_99

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/11/man_..._on_momoa.shtml

Man charged in attack on Momoa

Friday - November 21, 2008 | by Darren Sumner

Stargate Atlantis co-star Jason Momoa was assaulted at a Hollywood cafe last Saturday, November 15, according to a report by the Los Angeles Times.

Twenty-one-year-old Venice resident Dominic Bando argued with Momoa at the cafe, according to the L.A. County district attorney's office, striking him in the face with a pint beer glass, which shattered.

Momoa needed 140 stitches to his face during reconstructive surgery.

Momoa plays Ronon Dex on Stargate Atlantis, which recently finished filming its fifth and final season. He is expected to return in the first Atlantis movie, rumored to be filming in late spring or early summer of 2009.

Bando is scheduled to be arraigned on December 10, and could get up to seven years in prison.

and stargate atlantis has been cancelled, not a good week for jason. his face must be quite bad to get 140 stitches, i had 7 stitches in my noggin once and my whole body was covered in blood from the cut.

atlantis will be continuing in the same form as sg1 with 90 minute 'films', should be easier to get guests now at least.

He did show up at another event. He was wearing a hat and sunglasses to cover most of the stitches, but he was well enough again to crack jokes about the whole thing.

It seems most of the damage was done around his eye, hence the many stitches (reconstruction there is tricky). The also changed his sunglasses once because the first pair got painful.

That's the live report from a friend of mine who was at the show.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Update and picture can be found here

Jason update via this LJ

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/269976.html

More Jason stuff and picture here:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=2197

Thanks for the news!! I was shocked when I heard about the whole thing :firedevil: It was great of him, that he came to Con in spite of the injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

New update:

Man Pleads Not Guilty to Assaulting "Stargate Atlantis" Actor

Updated 12:51 PM PST, Wed, Dec 10, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- A Venice man who allegedly smashed a pint beer glass in the face of an actor from the TV show "Stargate Atlantis" pleaded not guilty Wednesday to assault with a deadly weapon.

Dominic Bando, 21, is accused of getting into a fight Nov. 15 with Jason Momoa at the Bird Cafe on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood and hitting him in the face with the beer glass, which shattered.

"In every bar fight, there's a minimum of two or three explanations about the events, and this is no exception," Blatt said outside court today.

Bando's attorney said he was trying to find out if any of the fight was caught on surveillance video.

Bando was freed on bail after his arrest, but Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Kristi Lousteau ordered him taken into custody Wednesday morning and held without bail in a firearm case from the city of San Fernando in which he was on probation.

Bando is due back in court in the downtown Los Angeles on Jan. 22, when a date is scheduled to be set for a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to require him to stand trial.

If convicted of the felony, Bando faces up to seven years in state prison, according to the District Attorney's Office

Full article at

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/entertai...ntis-Actor.html

thanks for the updates! saw it on Gateworld!

amazed are they are only recently looking for security footage, surely that should have been one of the first things the cops should do!!!

glad to know Jason was ok for LA, hopefully he will still be able to attend Chev 2 :D

surfy sah xx