How freaky!

Or everyone go buy the Spanish original - [REC]!

Down with remakes! :D

James loves that film lol :dance: Though with his accent I kept thinking it was called "wreck"!

Edited by Lizzy

• Moderators

And so he should! It's an awesome movie.

I hate how they put all the best bits in the US remake trailer. I remember watching it thinking 'wait, you can't show that!' etc lol

I do understand that it's a very good movie and I admire that being a reason why someone would want to remake it. I just don't see why people can't watch the original! I don't know what this version will add to it at all.

I guess some people just get scared off by subtitles.

Perhaps someone should arrange for a big group of us to go see the film with her. Would be weird sat next to her while shes on screen and in a cinema in Northampton. No one would be believe it.

That be awesome see how many people would notice. :D

Perhaps someone should arrange for a big group of us to go see the film with her. Would be weird sat next to her while shes on screen and in a cinema in Northampton. No one would be believe it.

That be awesome see how many people would notice. :P

Not many probably, Lewis Hamilton took Nicole (from spam Cat Dolls) to see Quantum of Solace at his local multiplex in Stevenage last weekend and no one batted an eyelid.

Great idea, I call the seat next to Dania lol.

Edited by Quinny83

And so he should! It's an awesome movie.

I hate how they put all the best bits in the US remake trailer. I remember watching it thinking 'wait, you can't show that!' etc lol

I do understand that it's a very good movie and I admire that being a reason why someone would want to remake it. I just don't see why people can't watch the original! I don't know what this version will add to it at all.

[REC] wasn't on anywhere within a 70 mile radius of my home when it came out.

If I'm going to the cinema I'm paying to watch the movie not read it! If a movie has subtitles the whole way through then I tend to miss whats happening because I'm too busy watching the bottom 2cms of the screen than the whole picture.

• Moderators

Hmm I've always thought that's a pretty naive view to have. So many people miss some of the best movies just because they've got subtitles.

When given a chance, you actually get used to them, and they're not as distracting as you'd expect.

Oh well, we can't all like the same stuff obviously. I must say though, keeping this discussion slightly more relevant, that Heroes is one of the shows in recent memory that I can think of as being willing to use other languages and not be scared of subtitles etc. And I don't think they've made the show any worse at all. In fact, I love the fact they're willing to do whole scenes in Japanese etc, as the authenticity adds to the storyline.

Edited by DavidB

Well people should go buy it on DVD, it's probably cheaper than seeing this in the cinema and you get to keep it! :thumbup:

But the remake has Jennifer Carrpenter in it!

I don't actually have a problem with remaking foreign language films; its the constant remaking of classic films, like The Day the Earth Stood Still, that bugs me. Yet I'll still go see it to see how bad it is in comparison! lol

Lewis Hamilton took Nicole (from spam Cat Dolls) to see Quantum of Solace at his local multiplex in Stevenage last weekend and no one batted an eyelid.

What on earth are you on about?

It was suppose to say spam cat dolls, but I obviously had my mind on other things at the time and it won't let me edit edit the flippin thing now so its stuck in public view forever.

Lewis Hamilton took Nicole (from spam Cat Dolls) to see Quantum of Solace at his local multiplex in Stevenage last weekend and no one batted an eyelid.

What on earth are you on about?

It was suppose to say spam cat dolls, but I obviously had my mind on other things at the time and it won't let me edit edit the flippin thing now so its stuck in public view forever.

I was more asking how you think Lewis Hamilton was in Stevenage last weekend...

If I'm going to the cinema I'm paying to watch the movie not read it! If a movie has subtitles the whole way through then I tend to miss whats happening because I'm too busy watching the bottom 2cms of the screen than the whole picture.

That's a fair point actually. They can take you out of the movie, which kind of defeats the object of a 'story told in pictures'.

That said, of the handful I've seen, Das Boot and Ringu are recommended.

He actually lives in Stevenage, its where he was born, it might have been last Friday, I can't remember I 'm only telling you what I can recall from a local radio show I heard in the last week.

He actually lives in Stevenage, its where he was born, it might have been last Friday, I can't remember I 'm only telling you what I can recall from a local radio show I heard in the last week.

They were pulling your leg, or you were hearing things - he currently lives in Switzerland, and anyway he was in Brazil most of last week and all of last weekend for the Grand Prix.

The word filter thinks it's a swear word so it's changing "P**sy" Cat Dolls to "Spam" Cat Dolls, that was all :)

I think it's sweet they went to the cinema together, I must be nice to be able to still do "normal" things when you're that famous :smile:

As for subtitled films, I don't think it makes a bit of difference if the film is good, you don't even notice them after a few minutes.

I can see how on a horror film they might be less so as they are not usually the type of film intended for people to think too much about while watching, but that's not true of all obviously. So like I said if the film is good it doesn't matter.

i didn't realize REC had been remade! personally, i can't see an american version being anywere near as good :unsure: but seeing its got Dania in it, i might give it a try. although RottenTomatoes only give it 60%, compared to REC's huge 94%!

and on the subtitles subject, most of my favourite films are subtitled ;) and sadly, american remakes don't usually do the original films justice at all...