Any Last-Minute Cancellations?

nosfer2

That link is broken.

That would be because someone (showmasters?) has deleted the thread, which wasn't particularly positive.

Why does Showmasters have a habit of deleting/censoring threads if they show any negativity against their shows?

That link is broken.

That would be because someone (showmasters?) has deleted the thread, which wasn't particularly positive.

Why does Showmasters have a habit of deleting/censoring threads if they show any negativity against their shows?

Maybe they're going for the record. Two complete threads in the last three days and counting.

If anyone would like a brief resume of the original post, I think I can remember the general gist and the most important points.

Having read the post, that combined with the fact it's been removed so I can't read the valid opinion of an attendee, means I won't be going to the event tomorrow. So that's another chalk mark for the Showmasters losses column.

I'm quite willing to start a whip round so we can buy Jason a large jar of Gold Blend which he can take the top off and smell at his own leisure. I'm sure we could even get Tony Head to deliver it to him personally.

To be fair, they don't - I've been a member of this forum for 3.5 years, and I've seen a lot of similar discussions come and go - as long as they remain constructive, they generally stay. The reason why threads get deleted is that they quickly turn from constructive criticism into bizarre ill-informed rants by axe-grinding trolls.

These are generally stirred up by random 'first posters' (most displaying a suspiciously similar turn of phrase, and the same grammatical shortcomings), who invariably post a long message that starts with something like "I have been going to SM events since 1995; however I have nothing positive to say, and I only just joined the forum to vent my spleen in a completely negative way on the following points".

Take Krystal Skull for an example - he seems to be quite conversant with the points that were discussed in the deleted threads, and yet he has only 2 posts. I know what conclusion I draw from that.

Edited by MikeDonovan