URGET! WE NEED THE CELEBRETIES DAYS!

SlippDigby

By the time anyone reads this it will probably only be 5 days to the actual event. I know you have your hands full with other events but that does not change the fact that you have yet another event coming up in less than a week and you still have not posted the guest appearence days or price guide.

You are shooting yourselves in the foot if you cannot see how fans are being crippled by being forced into last minute requests for time off work and the like. Less peolpe who know measn less people likely to attend, which means lower revenue for SM.

Please post the guest days today.

Agreed. Not sure if I can go yet. I can only go on the Sunday so I hope the guests will be there then, only want to meet Daniel Kash and Valerie Colgan.

I might get a photo-shoot with Richard Dreyfuss too since he has one for that day, but a time would be great.

If you check each individual announcemnet you will find some have specific attendance days mentioned, whereas those attending the whole weekend have no comment. This may help you.

i am completely baffeling by this event. over the past few years i have enviously watched other events witht here buffy/lost/lord of the rings etc guests. i was overjoyed when Showmasters decided to hold events in Coventry, at last i would be able to meet the people that others take for granted. the first events was so fantastic, that i couldn't wait for the next one. unfortuantly the guests for this one aren't my cup of tea and i really hope that evryone who goes has a great time. i'm not upset about the guests at all thats how the convention cookie crumbles, i'm certain the next one will be more my thing.

what i am baffeled about is the lack of communciation.

over the past few weeks the forum has shown that many are puzzelled over the guest list, the lack of prices and lack of siggning days and other issues.

obviously a message saying what was happening was imminent. whether the credit crunch, actors strike and the ammount of events in too close proximity. that message hasn't occured.

without information people who want to attend can't plan days off work, transport, how much money they need to buget for. all it needs is one tiny line, at least we'd all know where we stand and we'll be able to plan.

another thing that has confused me, why when this MIdlands show is so iminent are Showmasters announcing guests for events not to be held until 2009.

so showmasters what is going on?

i'm aware that those actors might only be able to do those dates but i think its slightly insensitive to announce guests for events not due to take place until 2009 when you have people for this one saying what has been said on this forum the past couple of weeks. i'm just asking for updates and information. thats not too much to ask for from a company.

i'm aware that those actors might only be able to do those dates but i think its slightly insensitive to announce guests for events not due to take place until 2009 when you have people for this one saying what has been said on this forum the past couple of weeks.
SM probably did offer them this one first but they couldnt make it so the 2009 was one of the next available slots.

and im surewhen sm have got final confirmations on the details of times etc then we will know. i want to know as much as any1 but once they announce it we jst gota wait. and im travelingfrom hull aswel so im coming afair distance, and jst to meet dirk benedict mainly.

"and im travelingfrom hull aswel so im coming afair distance, and jst to meet dirk benedict mainly"

Same here im second guessing coming at all i have waiting since March for this, I have gone to all the other collectormanias and they have been amazing, and as much as I want to meet him at the moment i cant justify travelling that far at the moment just for the wonderful Faceman

I haven't got too far to travel but I'm concerned that the guests I want to see won't all appear on the Saturday. I really want to know if Richard Dreyfuss, Dirk Benedict, Paul McGann and Natalia Tena are attending this Saturday.

Twould be really helpful now... I need someone to go with me, but every time I ask someone, I get "well what day are you going" and I can't give an answer.... and therefore am so far going on my own... Which I'd rather not do! :dance: