Parties

blaid drwg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we now have Gwen and Rhys, how about something with a wedding theme.

What about just a flat out Torchwood theme? Have people come as members of the team or aliens. Then mingle.

I like the sound of both of them as a theme

Torchwood theme sounds good!

Think how many conveniently amusing photo-op moments we could all get.

"OMG is that Gwen single-handedly taking on 6 Weevils, a Hoix and about 13 of Captain John Hart?"

"...Why yes. I think it is"

Lolz :YAHOO:

Lol! Exactly what I was thinking. People could make up their own aliens for costumes too.

It'd be a nice, in your face TORCHWOOD kick off on say, Friday night.

Torchwood theme sounds good!

Think how many conveniently amusing photo-op moments we could all get.

"OMG is that Gwen single-handedly taking on 6 Weevils, a Hoix and about 13 of Captain John Hart?"

"...Why yes. I think it is"

Lolz :D

Lol! Exactly what I was thinking. People could make up their own aliens for costumes too.

It'd be a nice, in your face TORCHWOOD kick off on say, Friday night.

i love taht ide abut think that would be better for saturday or sunday night myself, i love the friday the 13th idea for friday!

i also liked hayz suggestion of a prom perhaps teh prom masquerade idea could be merged

What about just a flat out Torchwood theme? Have people come as members of the team or aliens. Then mingle.

That also sounds good. It leaves a lot of space for people to chose what to wear. You can be something/someone Torchwood or anything Torchwood could encounter any night (aliens, police, people partying...) they go out to work.

I would really love to see a myths and monsters party...for two reasons...one cos there is an endless supply of mythical creatures and created monsters and two because i have just brought a totally awesome monster costume for a christmas party and i'd love to get use out of it again ha ha ha.

It sounds like a cool idea but you would run into one small snag....people who are phobic of clowns...to be surrounded by people dressed as them is going to give them a bit of a hard time.......clowns are wrong for so many reasons...i know if i saw more than one in any one place at any one time i'd do a runner....i aint scared of them..they just give me the creeps....all goes back to learning about John Wayne Gacy aka Pogo The Clown when i was about 6 years old...i should never have watched the damn programme.

Hmmm, perhaps we could do a circus/sideshow theme but say that no one can come dressed as a clown (because if there's even one I will *so* not be going to the party)? I may be wrong (usually am) but I don't recall seeing any clowns in Out Of The Rain...

I am terrified of clowns also but its unfair to pick a theme and then put restrictions on it. it would be impossible to take into account everyone's phobias/

Thing is tho you only have to mention circus and a clown is the first character you think of, after that it would be perhaps the ringmaster. A From Out Of The Rain theme would be cool as it was a travelling show not a circus, travelling shows are very different so a travelling show theme would be cool but maybe not so much the circus one because clowns will get involved somehow....they always manage to get involved the evil things.....plus clowns remind me of a very horrible ghost hunt i did once where the building was haunted by a clown who hung himself on stage after killing three cast members backstage....still gives me heebie jeebies to this day.

I am terrified of clowns also but its unfair to pick a theme and then put restrictions on it. it would be impossible to take into account everyone's phobias/
Oh I appreciate that it's impossible to take into account everyone's phobias but at the same time clowns is a really big one for a lot of people and if you do go down the route of a circus theme without restricting it then I'll bet 9 out of 10 people would go as some sort of clown... and I don't know about anyone else but I'm bad enough with one clown, a room full of them and I'd have to check out the hotel!

Here here i'm with you on this one........clowns are evil full stop...they are not right...they look wrong and i have not one single happy childhood memory of them.....one clown will make me leave a room but i'm with Shaz on this one...if there is more than one i'd be outta that hotel sharpish....i only hope to god that Torchwood don't ever use clowns....SJA already did so i'm hoping Torchwood never does cos that would be an episode i'd like to give a miss.

Here here i'm with you on this one........clowns are evil full stop...they are not right...they look wrong and i have not one single happy childhood memory of them.....one clown will make me leave a room but i'm with Shaz on this one...if there is more than one i'd be outta that hotel sharpish....i only hope to god that Torchwood don't ever use clowns....SJA already did so i'm hoping Torchwood never does cos that would be an episode i'd like to give a miss.

I agree clowns scare me and usually i carry a bottle of water if i know any are near by

sja was pretty freaky but clowns are horrible :( them

• 2 weeks later...