Will there be....

sparky8804

Who thinks there will be some last minute announcements?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No

• Yes
    • No

I reckon there will be maybe one or two additions before Friday because lets not forget they did do that at the last Collectormania back in May so I suspect they may have a few cards up their sleeve, lets hope they are aces hey!

I reckon there will be maybe one or two additions before Friday because lets not forget they did do that at the last Collectormania back in May so I suspect they may have a few cards up their sleeve, lets hope they are aces hey!

• Showmasters Admin

crazy poll maybe we should have one that says will i come on here and tell you if there is going to be more guests ??

well as you all should know we work on guests right up to the show in the past we have had to find photos up to a day before the show so we can do it and we often do

hope that helps

jason :YAHOO:

crazy poll maybe we should have one that says will i come on here and tell you if there is going to be more guests ??

well as you all should know we work on guests right up to the show in the past we have had to find photos up to a day before the show so we can do it and we often do

hope that helps

jason :thumbup:

I didn't understand your answer Jason. So will be new guests announced? Or it's finished.

Thx for the help

hope that helps

jason :WAVE:

I didn't understand your answer Jason. So will be new guests announced? Or it's finished.

Thx for the help

I think the thing to do is to not 'expect' new guests - but keep an eye on the forum, and if they turn up it's a bonus... I'm sure if they can fit a couple more guests in there, they will :)

• Showmasters Admin

Let's get one thing straight. Please understand SM do not have a list of confirmed guests they are waiting to spring on us at this late stage. Any guests confirmed now will be the announced straight away.

As has been said numerous time over the years, Jason and the other SMs are ALWAYS looking to add new guests right up until the very last day before the show. Does this mean new guests will be announced? No. It just means there is always a chance there will be.

What Jason is saying is it's an impossible question to answer. He will always be in a no win situation and can not answer the question "Will the be any more guest?"

He can't and never will say "That's it, no more guests!", or "Yes we will have more guests".

If he says "That's it, no more guests!" and then suddenly Ian Holme is available for the show, he's not going to turn him down. And this makes his previous statement invalid, and could annoy people that cancelled plans believing no more guests would be announced, only to find out this great guest is suddenly announced.

If he says "Yes we will have more guests!" and all of the guests asked say No, then again it makes the statement invalid and annoys people as he's said they would be more and can't deliver them.

If he says either he is just setting himself up to annoy attendees.

It's fun to speculate if there will be more guests, but please don't expect an answer from Jason or any of the SMs. Jason and the other SMs can not see the future and so can NEVER answer this question with any certainty.

Edited by Too Tall

Let's get one thing straight. Please understand SM do not have a list of confirmed guests they are waiting to spring on us at this late stage. Any guests confirmed now will be the announced straight away.

As has been said numerous time over the years, Jason and the other SMs are ALWAYS looking to add new guests right up until the very last day before the show. Does this mean new guests will be announced? No. It just means there is always a chance there will be.

What Jason is saying is it's an impossible question to answer. He will always be in a no win situation and can not answer the question "Will the be any more guest?"

He can't and never will say "That's it, no more guests!", or "Yes we will have more guests".

If he says "That's it, no more guests!" and then suddenly Ian Holme is available for the show, he's not going to turn him down. And this makes his previous statement invalid, and could annoy people that cancelled plans believing no more guests would be announced, only to find out this great guest is suddenly announced.

If he says "Yes we will have more guests!" and all of the guests asked say No, then again it makes the statement invalid and annoys people as he's said they would be more and can't deliver them.

It's fun to speculate if there will be more guests, but please don't expect an answer from Jason or any of the SMs. Jason and the other SMs can not see the future and so can NEVER answer this question with any certainty.

ok

ok

He sure told you, nico!!! :P Jason was right earlier though - this is crazy poll, not to mention pointless. The results even are about 50/50 so it still doesnt tell us much.

Maybe a "Will there be any more guests?" thread should be pinned (and locked) and stuck to every event's section?

Edited by nicky

Does this mean new guests will be announced? No. It just means there is always a chance there will be.

Jason and the other SMs can not see the future and so can NEVER answer this question with any certainty.

I wonder how many times you can say this on the forum before you explode :P

• Showmasters Admin

Apolagies to nico if I came across as being ar$y, I didn't mean to. I was just trying to explain why Jason can't answer this question.

And JD, I have no idea how many time it'll take before I explode but I have a feeling it'll continue to be asked as long as we have events running :P

Apolagies to nico if I came across as being ar$y, I didn't mean to. I was just trying to explain why Jason can't answer this question.

And JD, I have no idea how many time it'll take before I explode but I have a feeling it'll continue to be asked as long as we have events running :P

An exploding Too Tall? That would be a hell of a firework show :P

Loving the use of Ian Holm as an example of a final guest!! :P

• Showmasters Admin

Very few but it has happened. We got confirmation of the Petrelli brothers at LFCC 07 on the Friday before the show, so it does happen.

I just picked someone near the top of my "Hell YES" list :P

Very few but it has happened. We got confirmation of the Petrelli brothers at LFCC 07 on the Friday before the show, so it does happen.

I just picked someone near the top of my "Hell YES" list :P

Totally know what you mean, that really would be a sweeeeet moment if it ever happens...then again I have so much for him to sign (statues, books, swords etc etc) that I shudder to think how much it would cost!!! :o

You gonna get your axes signed by JRD this weekend?