Posting Tickets

Jola

Guys, if any of you remember being in school, you'll realise 50 people makes absolutely NO difference.

I remember being in school a hell of alot, and 50 extra people does make a difference.

But like I posted earlier on, I am not bothered about it now, after it was explained to me!!

Heh, you must have gone to a pretty small school.

Look at it this way - the talks have been extended by a mere TWO rows, and the way the cocktail reception has been organised with ushers and equal timing and such, everyone will get a decent amount of time in which to talk to the guests!

Amy I feel you're going over old ground for no reason here and in the process upsetting people, please stop.

People HAD issues and quite rightly voiced them here. Since then Jason has answered them and the people that raised the conserns mostly appear to be happy with the answers. Most have said so themselves.

You are now (after the conserns have been answered) saying that there was nothing to worry about. Well that's easy to say now that everyone has the facts. When they posted their conserns they didn't have those facts and so it was quite reasonable for them to ask the questions they did. As Jason said some people did seem to be over-reacting slightly, but I don't think there's one of us that can say we've never over-reacted when we've not had all the fact, so I think we can forgive people for that.

Lets please let this go.

My post wasn't intended to cause more disagreement. Despite some people having come to terms with these added arrangements, some people were still upset, and I was genuinely trying to lighten things by making the point that two extra rows will not change anyone's experience. And I don't think my comment about people getting their chance to talk at the cocktail reception was all that aggravating. Your lecture was way OTT, and by commenting on my post you've also helped me go over that 'old ground'. Nice one. :D

Actually no, you have been dismissive of people's concerns and generally pretty rude. Two Tall/Stuart's post was spot on and it's a shame that you have chosen to disregard him

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, if any of you remember being in school, you'll realise 50 people makes absolutely NO difference.

I remember being in school a hell of alot, and 50 extra people does make a difference.

But like I posted earlier on, I am not bothered about it now, after it was explained to me!!

Look at it this way - the talks have been extended by a mere TWO rows, and the way the cocktail reception has been organised with ushers and equal timing and such, everyone will get a decent amount of time in which to talk to the guests!

Amy I feel you're going over old ground for no reason here and in the process upsetting people, please stop.

People HAD issues and quite rightly voiced them here. Since then Jason has answered them and the people that raised the conserns mostly appear to be happy with the answers. Most have said so themselves.

You are now (after the conserns have been answered) saying that there was nothing to worry about. Well that's easy to say now that everyone has the facts. When they posted their conserns they didn't have those facts and so it was quite reasonable for them to ask the questions they did. As Jason said some people did seem to be over-reacting slightly, but I don't think there's one of us that can say we've never over-reacted when we've not had all the fact, so I think we can forgive people for that.

Lets please let this go.

My post wasn't intended to cause more disagreement. Despite some people having come to terms with these added arrangements, some people were still upset, and I was genuinely trying to lighten things by making the point that two extra rows will not change anyone's experience. And I don't think my comment about people getting their chance to talk at the cocktail reception was all that aggravating. Your lecture was way OTT, and by commenting on my post you've also helped me go over that 'old ground'. Nice one. :P

Actually no, you have been dismissive of people's concerns and generally pretty rude. Two Tall/Stuart's post was spot on and it's a shame that you have chosen to disregard him

I've not been dismissive, just doing what everyone else has done by posting my 'concerns', which happened to be that people were over-reacting, as you admitted yourself. I was pointing out the not-so-dreadful reality that 50 extra people has hardly ruined the event - what's wrong with that? And I wouldn't call disagreeing with them being 'dismissive', I just wasn't fueling their annoyance by saying "oh you're absolutely right, the conventions gone to pot, we'll be sitting outside at this rate" etc.

And the only person I've been rude to is you, catfish, and that's because you've repeatedly responded to my comments moaning about my tone. Shall we 'dismiss' this now?

Lets please let this go.

My post wasn't intended to cause more disagreement. Despite some people having come to terms with these added arrangements, some people were still upset, and I was genuinely trying to lighten things by making the point that two extra rows will not change anyone's experience. And I don't think my comment about people getting their chance to talk at the cocktail reception was all that aggravating. Your lecture was way OTT, and by commenting on my post you've also helped me go over that 'old ground'. Nice one. :P

I've not been dismissive, just doing what everyone else has done by posting my 'concerns', which happened to be that people were over-reacting, as you admitted yourself. I was pointing out the not-so-dreadful reality that 50 extra people has hardly ruined the event - what's wrong with that? And I wouldn't call disagreeing with them being 'dismissive', I just wasn't fueling their annoyance by saying "oh you're absolutely right, the conventions gone to pot, we'll be sitting outside at this rate" etc.

And the only person I've been rude to is you, catfish, and that's because you've repeatedly responded to my comments moaning about my tone. Shall we 'dismiss' this now?

Actually you have been generally pretty rude to a number of people (including Two Tall) and very dismissive in your replies, although going back over the thread to be fair I can't actually see where until now you have been directly rude to me or that I have commented on your tone in this thread until now (last couple of posts), but whatever...

I have certainly not commented that people are over-reacting as that is not my opinion at all even though I don't necessarily share the same concerns they have and Showmasters have not treated people in that manner either. You are not in a position to make judgements for other people as to what may or may not be important factors in their decisions to spend money. For you and I an extra 50 people may not be an issue but for some it might be. People are asking perfectly reasonable questions which SM have been kind enough to address. They have treated everyone with a great deal of respect, which is more than can be said for you but heck whatever makes you happy.

Edited by catfish

QUOTE(catfish @ Sep 12 2008, 04:37 PM)

QUOTE(amyfinch @ Sep 12 2008, 04:36 PM)

QUOTE(Too Tall @ Sep 12 2008, 02:49 PM)

QUOTE(amyfinch @ Sep 12 2008, 02:36 PM)

QUOTE(DarknessHayz @ Sep 12 2008, 02:17 PM)

QUOTE(amyfinch @ Sep 12 2008, 11:22 AM)

Lets please let this go.

My post wasn't intended to cause more disagreement. Despite some people having come to terms with these added arrangements, some people were still upset, and I was genuinely trying to lighten things by making the point that two extra rows will not change anyone's experience. And I don't think my comment about people getting their chance to talk at the cocktail reception was all that aggravating. Your lecture was way OTT, and by commenting on my post you've also helped me go over that 'old ground'. Nice one.

And the only person I've been rude to is you, catfish, and that's because you've repeatedly responded to my comments moaning about my tone. Shall we 'dismiss' this now

Actually your tone has been unnecessarily aggressive both in this thread and in others. Also being completely dismissive of a moderator who has very politely expressed his concern that you are simply stirring up matters for absolutely no reason is exceptionally rude.

Concerns were raised, some people were more upset than others but Jason and Too Tall have politely and respectfully answered all the queries put to them and have certainly allayed my concerns. You jumping it at the tail end of the discussion and raising matters which had already been put to rest was entirely unnecessary.

Perhaps you might wish to consider moderating your tone in future postings.

Edited by Persephone1

Back to the original subject of this thread, I got my ticket letter! Thank you, Jola! :thumbup:

Its an exiting feeling isnt it??

When my mum got the letter though the door, I ran her and said 'mum, there is an unfamiler postcode on the back of this envolope' she went 'yeah' and I said 'Its an address in London' and she said 'Open it then' so I did, and I said 'its the tickets mum, loves you, bye'

and I ran around my house like a crazy person, screaming....