TV Appearances, Magazine Interviews, Latest News

spikeguerajumper

Rob:

"I'm really afraid of getting hit by cars, like terrified of it. I'm terrified of crossing streets. I'm also very accident-prone...I think people aim for me."

"I went to do my first big movie when I was 17. I was in South Africa for three and half months, and I was by myself."

"I was just taking out my trash and I had, like, 300 cans of Diet Coke. It was just like, 'How did that happen?' I don't even remember buying them. I also like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. My addictions are pretty much the only things I consume."

"I spent a long time trying to figure out how to play [Edward's part] without making a fool out of myself. The whole book is written from Bella's perspective and she's in love with him. I mean, the guy can be anybody — he could be an alien — and you see past everything if you're in love with someone."

"If I go and try to watch a movie by myself I'll be completely transfixed the whole time, concentrating one hundred percent. But if I'm with another person on a date or something, within two minutes I'll be like 'This is rubbish, this is rubbish. We should leave and do something else.' I don't really know why."

"I've got a terrible memory—I end up repeating myself quite a lot. The only thing I can remember is that I'm going to repeat myself!"

"It sounds lame, but I was really concentrating on this job. It was my first American thing so I was pretty focused. I went to Portland for two months before we starting shooting, and I just didn't talk to anybody for ages during the beginning of the shoot. I never went out, but I kind of broke down half way through. I was like, 'Okay, people are starting to think that I'm actually out of my mind now.'"

Jackson:

"I stay away from Facebook and MySpace. Whenever I go out with a friend, they're like 'I didn't know you had a MySpace.' I don't have a MySpace. There's actually three MySpaces for Jackson Rathbone. I don't know who these people are but they're not me!"

"I got my butt kicked a few times by my sisters. But I grew up so southern that my father would say, 'You take it like a man.' And I'd be like, 'Oh, what? I'm 5!' But it was interesting. My dad always taught me to treat my girlfriends the way I wanted my sisters to be treated by their boyfriends. They always taught me a really wonderful level of respect that's not common these days."

"When it comes to my sisters' boyfriends, I'm either cool with them or my sisters know that I hate them. I'm pretty blunt with them and to the point. Back in high school, there were a couple of boys my sisters had and man, I let them know I didn't like them. I was pretty upfront but my dad always had it right. Whenever my sisters brought them over to the house for the first time, he'd be teaching me how to clean the shotguns."

"I miss Texas so bad. That's the hard part about being out here in L.A., trying to pursue acting and music and lighting and production and stuff. It takes a lot of time out from your personal life, and I can only get back to Texas three times a year at most. It's tough."

"We had a lot of weather issues on the set of Twilight. One day we really needed the clouds to cover the sun, so we started doing a cloud dance, initiated by our director. We started dancing around and the extras really got into it. The entire set was dancing. And a few minutes later the clouds came, so it might've worked."

Kellan:

"I bet on everything. Everything. It's just like, 'I bet you I can spin my chair longer.' Everything, I say 'I bet you.' I love to win."

"To be completely honest, I didn't know Twilight was a book. I thank God for Ashley Greene [who plays Alice Cullen]. She's like, 'Did you read the books?' And I'm like...'What books?' But they were easy reads so it was fine. Emmett's such an easy guy, so it was awesome to play him."

"A lot of girls in L.A. just stand in the corner wondering 'Who's gonna talk to me? Who am I gonna diss?' As for the girls in Arizona, it's just so different. They're like 'You have really cute dimples. You know that?' 'You have really nice eyes.' 'What's your name? Kellan? That's cool, that's unique.'"

"We all have our tastes and our type...[but] for me to say 'You're beautiful', I can only say that to my girlfriend. The word 'beautiful' has such a different caliber than any other word out there, like 'sexy', 'hot', 'cute.'"

"A real turnoff for guys is any girl who is way too into them. Like, you're being way too nice. Guys, as well as girls, like that sense of badness...I want a good girl, who can be a little bad."

"A lot of girls think they have flaws that really aren't flaws. I've never met a girl who was just so secure about everything."

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA Times: ’Twilight’: 10 reasons ’Breaking Dawn’ should not be made into a movie

'Twilight': 10 reasons 'Breaking Dawn' should not be made into a movie

While "Twilight" fans begin to debate the issues facing the filming of "New Moon" -- the next installment in Stephenie Meyer's teen vampire series involving werewolves and a growth spurt that will require actor Taylor Lautner to appear 6'5" and 25 years old on screen -- an even more urgent problem nags.

The problem with "Breaking Dawn."

(This list is one big spoiler, so please don't read further if you haven't read the book.)

With "Twilight" having banked $70.55 million in its first weekend of release, Summit Entertainment has already snatched up rights to the next two books in Meyer's saga, "New Moon" and "Eclipse," and is negotiating for the series-ending "Breaking Dawn." Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward, has said he's only signed up to star in the next two films, and the fourth book has had little mention in the media when it comes to reports concerning "Twilight" as a movie franchise.

Perhaps the powers that be are figuring out a way to end the movie series as a trilogy.

Why? Because whether you loved or hated it, "Breaking Dawn" poses more than a few problems for the big screen. Even barring the very divided reaction from Meyer's fan base over the final book, "Breaking Dawn" contains several head-scratching scenes and themes. (Full disclosure: As a "Twilight" fan, I thought Meyer could have done better.) The following are 10 reasons the book would be a tough-to-film movie.

(This list is one big spoiler, so please don't read further if you haven't read the book.)

Bella and Edward get married by Page 49.

There goes your love triangle. You can retire those Team Edward and Team Jacob shirts now. Also remember, Edward is forever 17 and Bella's 18. A teenage wedding!

After three books' worth of buildup, Bella and Edward finally have sex — but we get a fade to black?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciated Meyer's post-coital details: the ripped-apart pillowcases and feathers in Bella's hair, her black-and-blue bruises, the broken headboard. If the movie just has to be rated PG-13, then I guess it's the only way.

But after more than 1,500 pages of chaste kisses, we're rewarded with a fade-out after fade-out on their honeymoon? Instead we get morning-after fried egg breakfasts and Edward's nonstop agonizing over having finally bedded his bride. Hardly satisfying.

Then Bella gets pregnant.

By Page 118 (in a 754-page book) Bella is with child. At this point, the film would already be worse than a Lifetime movie of the week.

What follows are chapters and chapters of the half-vampire, half-human baby making life violently uncomfortable for Bella, which required Meyer to let Jacob narrate the entire middle chunk of the book. So in the final movie, we'd shift our focus from Bella to Jacob?

Edward goes from being the man of every girl's dreams to a man in need…

…of some guts, some personality, something that doesn't read pathetic. Throughout "Breaking Dawn" he's wrought with guilt over his love for Bella, even more so than in the other books. That's admittedly difficult to believe, but true.

While Bella is bedridden, trying to keep alive the half-human, half-vampire baby eating its way through her belly, we get this choice scene in which a desperate Edward begs Jacob to offer Bella the latter's baby-making services. (I guess half-werewolf, half-human babies are safer?) If you'd blocked that moment, here it is:

"I don't care about anything but keeping her alive," he said, suddenly focused now. "If it's a child she wants, she can have it. She can have half a dozen babies. Anything she wants." He paused for one beat. "She can have puppies if that's what it takes."

That's right. He said "puppies."

When she gives birth, Edward rips open Bella's stomach with his teeth to get the baby out.

It's a bloody and gruesome birth. And what does the little bugger do once she's out? Sinks her half-vampire teeth into mom's chest, that's what. What follows is an equally bloody and gruesome transformation of our teenage heroine into a vampire. How any of the birth scene gets magically transformed into a PG-13 moment is anyone's guess.

Bella names her baby Renesmee.

A blend of Renee (the name of Bella's mom) and Esme (the name of Edward's). Renesmee.

How will Kristen Stewart, she who fights against dumb dialogue, deal with such a name? Will she rename the kid? How will audiences not blindly obsessed with Stephenie Meyer's prose react to hearing it? It just can't happen. But the name's the least of it after…

Jacob falls in love with her.

Yes, Jacob imprints on newborn Renesmee. Meyer introduced the concept of imprinting, in which werewolves become tied to their true loves through some sort of love-at-first-sight kismet, in her earlier books. But it's even creepier when Jacob goes from his mad obsession with Bella to one over her daughter. Her half-vampire daughter.

Meanwhile, Bella's transformation into a vampire requires no effort on her part at all.

Other humans that get turned? It's tough. They want bona fide human blood and lots of it. Bella? She's cool to snack on deer. She doesn't have the urge to accidentally chomp down on her human dad. And she's quicker, faster and stronger than all the Cullen men. There's no struggle to get what she wants.

When it looks like things are heating up between the Cullens and the big bad ruling vamps, the Volturi, over the existence of Renesmee -- the Volturi want her dead -- the Cullens gather friends, they strategize, they train for war. And it all ends…

…not when Bella, and her special protective power, save the day –- she doesn't! -- but when little Alice reappears with a tale of another half-human, half-vampire named Nahuel living happily abroad. Nahuel's not harmful at all, she explains, so there's no need to fight.

Wait, what…

Did I say war? I meant peaceful gathering in the forest.

After hearing the explanation, the Volturi make a peaceful exit. Head bad vamp Aro even bids the Cullen clan a fond farewell: "I'm so glad this could be resolved without violence," he said sweetly. "My friend, Carlisle –- how please I am to call you friend again! … Perhaps, in time, you will forgive me."

And there begins the final chapter (titled "Happily Ever After," natch.)

Rob is on GMTV tomorrow morning... :YAHOO:

7.00-9.25am GMTV TODAY (Subtitled & Widescreen)

Kate Garraway and Andrew Castle kick off another morning of news, views and special guests.

Jack Ellis pops in to talk about his starring role as Peter Pan in the Windsor panto

Robert Pattinson - recently voted the world's second sexiest man, Robert Pattinson talks Twilight

Little Black Dress diet grand weigh in - it all comes to an end today with the results from our special diet

Interview with the Cast: Would they like to live forever and with whom?

Twilight Roundup

We're guessing you've already seen Twilight at least one time already. (Some of you are probs on your fourth or fifth go around!) So we thought we'd save some Twilight goodness for later. And the time has come! Would Rob Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Nikki Reed, Kellan Lutz, and Rachelle Lefevre turn vampire to live forever? Who from the cast would they want to spend eternity with? And which Twilight cast member would make the best vampire in real life? Get answers to these questions from the hottest cast around!

Source http://www.alloy.com/5/35/8498/1/ref/5/35/8498/2/

Which member of the Twilight cast would make the best vampire in real life?

Taylor Launter: Kellan Lutz. I've seen him at photo shoots and everything. One time, we wore fake vampire teeth, and he is so intimidating when he gets into his character. We were at this one photo shoot where he was biting my neck, and he's just drooling. I was so scared -- I thought he was going to eat me. He's such a goofball in real life but he's pretty scary when he goes vampire.

Kellan Lutz: Jackson [Rathbone], who plays Jasper Cullen. He's such a mysterious kid. I've been friends with him for a long time, and I still don't get him, and I don't think he gets himself! He's really friendly, but there's this mystery about him and he's talented in so many ways. It's too much talent for one person. He reminds me of a vampire.

Rachelle Lefevre: For just pure vampire, I'm going to say Cam because he seemed to me to be the most athletic, and he had just come off Never Back Down, and he was in great shape and definitely athletic and seemed to be the most comfortable doing all the stunts and everything, and that's sort of the most comparable thing to the kind of physical abilities that the vampire has. So he was really comfortable with it. He made a good vampire.

Kristen Stewart: Maybe Nikki Reed. She's already a vampire! She gets what she wants. And she's my best friend, so I hope this doesn't sound negative. In the most positive way, she's succulous.

Nikki Reed: Well, Kristen's sort of like a vampire in that she prefers the night to the day and I prefer the day to the night. So that was really funny, we learned to compromise because I would go like "OK, so if we just go to bed…," not 'cause we were doing anything great, but she just likes the quiet night, but I just like to wake up at 6 a.m. and go and run around in the day. Physically, I think Peter Facinelli. I would say Peter. I mean there's nobody in my mind. I'm guilty of that as well, reading the books and envisioning people you know. Because when I read the books certain cast members were not a part of it yet. There were a few of us set but not everyone was set was my point. So I read the books with some roles open and I have to say that when I met him I was like, "Yeah! You're Dr. Cullen. That works."

If you could live forever by turning into a vampire would you do it?

Kellan Lutz: I'm very religious, so I believe in afterlife and all that and would love to go to heaven. But there's definitely a catch-22. Everyone would love to live forever. I would have loved to see the world change and have been there in the old days to see when the microwave was invented, or cars, and whatever flying vehicles we make [in the future]. Instead of cars on the road we'll have hovercrafts, like the Jetsons and Back to the Future. But it would also be tough because you'd see all the corruption in the world and how much worse the world gets. Immortality is cool, but then again that's the best part of living: the knowledge that one day you won't be, so you might as well live the best, happiest life you can...because you never know when your time is done!

Rachelle Lefevre: I want to say yes, but I think I have to say no because if you live forever, then life doesn't have any value, and everybody you love dies and there's something really sad about that. And I don't think I'd want to have to deal with that. I don't think I'd want to have to live .. everything that I knew was gone and just continue on, as curious as I'd be to see what happens and what's in store for humanity. I think I'd be human.

Rob Pattinson: I don't think so. I'm quite curious to see what dying is like. Not like, that curious. There must be something interesting [that] happens. It'd be interesting if you die and if it's lame, then come back and have eternal life.

Taylor Lautner: I'd have to say no. I'm happy the way we are.

Nikki Reed: No. I want drive. I want something to motivate me. I feel like time being a factor in the equation of life makes you feel the pressure to accomplish things. I know that by the time I'm 23, I want to direct a full-length feature and I have like milestones that I want to hit and I think that that comes from time being a part of that. If I could live forever I feel like I'd never want to accomplish anything. There's pressure with time.

Kristen Stewart: No, I'd definitely go mad. I already have too much time on my hands.

If you had to live forever, which member of the cast would you make a vampire to spend eternity with?

Kristen Stewart: Definitely Nikki. We jive. I can handle her for longer periods than five minutes.

Kellan Lutz: That could go so many different ways! Haha. You'd have to look at your life and who your friends are. I enjoy hanging out with Edi Gathegi so much, and he's a really good friend of mine, as well as Jackson. I'd love to live forever with him. And Ashley Greene's a really close friend of mine as well, so if I had to have a mistress or something, I'd choose her just 'cause she's awesome.

Nikki Reed: Kristen…Kristen and I are pretty good best buddies. We spend about every day together. It's been amazing.

Taylor Lautner: I would pick to live forever with Bella. That's who Jacob wants, that's who I feel Jacob is right for. I'd definitely go with Bella

Rob on GMTV this morning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3h5Rfz_nSQ :whistling:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23805

With lusty, and lustful, teenage screams of “Bite me!†audible from the opposite side of London, it was clear last night that the undead were in town. Yes, it was the premiere of vampire/teen romance Twilight, fresh from taking the US by storm and ready to sink its teeth into the UK. With the stars in town, we got to see exactly why Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have made such an impact as Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.

Stewart arrived first, and sung the praises of the massive crowd who gathered in Leicester Square to see the pair walk the black carpet. “This is better than the premiere in LA - we were told to expect something smaller, so this is awesome.â€

She also discussed the amazing response to the movie: “I’m used to doing movies that no one ever sees, so this is everything I have ever wanted on the grandest scale!†But she's not exactly embracing her newfound fame: “I totally don’t deal with it. Some people have a problem with that and some people like it.â€

Read the rest of the article at the link at the top of the page & watch the video of the premiere crazyness! :dance:

Pattinson ’Hardly In New Moon’

Pattinson 'Hardly In New Moon'

4 December 2008 4:17 AM, PST | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

British actor Robert Pattinson is delighted filmmakers are lining up a Twilight sequel - because he hardly features in the tale.

Pattinson is set to star in the follow-up film, New Moon, after the vampire flick was an overnight success, taking $7 million (GBP4.6 million) on its opening night in the U.S. alone.

And the star is encouraged after reading the book producers will base the movie on - because his character, teen vampire Edward Cullen, takes a back seat in the story.

He tells British morning show GMTV, "They've started making the second one. It's going to be shot in March next year. The second book is my favourite book - I'm hardly in it."

Fans have been going crazy for the stories and the film adaptation - and Pattinson is wary of angering them.

He adds. "I'm worried about that because the fans of the book will go nuts if it's changed in any way."

Pattinson and co-star Kristen Stewart will reportedly earn $12 million (GBP8 million) each for the sequel.

source: imdb.com

HP movies are big money machines, packed with CGA and special effects but miss the 'soul' of the novels. Just think about the way a pivotal character, such as Snape, was treated throughout the 5 movies...

I wouldn't want Twilight to get that blockbuster soulless feeling. I'd rather go for an indie bizarre experiment, full of faults maybe, but alive with soul, heart and... blood.

... And here we loose the human touch to the movie saga. Bye indie feeling. Welcome to the blockbuster hell money machine. I can't even start to describe my feelings. I'm so very bitter and disappointed :poki:

You summed up how I feel exactly.

And the idea that Catherine is still out promoting Summit's movie for them after being dumped is just disgusting to me. I feel awful for her.

You summed up how I feel exactly.

And the idea that Catherine is still out promoting Summit's movie for them after being dumped is just disgusting to me. I feel awful for her.

Don't tell me :D I got to know her and respect her both professionally and humanly. She's a generous, empatic soul, capable of giving without expecting anything back.

Twilight is not a faultless movie, but it's a movie with a heart. Cath's heart.

I think she's in Paris in this very moment, guest of Le Grand Journal, Canal +... I feel so very bad for her.

SUMMIT BEGINS SEARCH FOR NEW MOON DIRECTOR

Los Angeles, CA, December 7, 2008 - Summit Entertainment and director Catherine Hardwicke jointly announced today that the filmmaker will not be directing the next installment in the newly minted TWILIGHT film franchise. Summit's targeted end of 2009 or early 2010 release of the film, NEW MOON, does not work with Ms. Hardwicke's required prep time to bring her vision of the film to the big screen. Thus as has been done before with many successful film franchises, the studio will employ a new director for NEW MOON.

"I am sorry that due to timing I will not have the opportunity to direct NEW MOON," said Hardwicke. "Directing TWILIGHT has been one of the great experiences of my life, and I am grateful to the fans for their passionate support of the film. I wish everyone at Summit the best with the sequel - it is a great story."

"Catherine did an incredible job in helping us to launch the TWILIGHT franchise and we thank her for all of her efforts and we very much hope to work with her on future Summit projects," said Erik Feig, Summit's President of Production. "We as a studio have a mandate to bring the next installment in the franchise to the big screen in a timely fashion so that fans can get more of Edward, Bella and all of the characters that Stephenie Meyer has created. We are able to pursue an aggressive time frame as we have the luxury of only adapting the novels into screenplays as opposed to having to create a storyline from scratch."

Erm...doesn't say she was fired exactly..... Why would Summit sack someone who made them all that money....um to make more money??

Personally I look forward to seeing who they bring on board and what they do with the franchise. Am totally afraid if they change the cast though. I mean one of the incesntives for Rob to do the fanchise was Catherine Hardwicke...yikes what a scary thought...no Rob!!

Shame, probs means she won't be at the con!

Edited by JaneDoe

HP movies are big money machines, packed with CGA and special effects but miss the 'soul' of the novels. Just think about the way a pivotal character, such as Snape, was treated throughout the 5 movies...

I wouldn't want Twilight to get that blockbuster soulless feeling. I'd rather go for an indie bizarre experiment, full of faults maybe, but alive with soul, heart and... blood.

Couldn't agree more. One of the reasons that the Twilight saga is so involving is that it is so intimate. Depite the potential for visually stunning scenes in a movie, it's the emotions that really engage. A huge soulless blockbuster would lose that magic for me.

Kathryn Bigelow would be awesome... Point Break is one of my favourite movies. :WINCE:

twilight-dolls-bella-edward.jpg

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are now immortalized forever — in the form of dolls!

Tonner Doll Company has begun making the dolls for the blockbuster movie that hit theaters on November 21st. Their characters, Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, are the first of the series to be made and are now available for pre-order!

To feed your Twilight addictions, pre-order your very own Edward and Bella dolls at www.tonnerdirect.com.

I hope it's someone who specialises in a great script and brilliant special effects. Gotta have those for when Jacob fursplodes!

Paul Greengrass is brilliant at directing and writing, but I don't think this is his genre...but who knows

Edited by JaneDoe