TV Appearances, Magazine Interviews, Latest News

spikeguerajumper

I think he looks more like a........man :chair:

I am glad that he felt confident enough to cut it off. His hair doesn't define who he is and that's great! Actually can't believe his locks are getting so mych air time!

Edited by JaneDoe

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LONDON (Reuters) - Teen vampire film "Twilight" topped the box office over the weekend, taking 2.5 million pounds and beating animation picture "Madagascar 2" into second place, its distributor E1 Films said on Monday.

The movie, based on the bestselling novel by U.S. author Stephenie Meyer, also topped the North American box office at its opening weekend last month with ticket sales of $69.6 million (46.9 million pounds) , and its backers hoped the success would extend beyond the book's core U.S. following.

Independent studio Summit Entertainment is going ahead with the sequel "New Moon" based on the second novel in the four-book series.

According to E1, the British subsidiary of Entertainment One Group, "Twilight" was comfortably ahead of Madagascar 2 (1.8 million pounds) and "Four Christmases" (1.0 million pounds).

Meyer's Twilight series has sold more than 25 million copies worldwide, 17 million of which have been in the United States. Her publishers are hoping the movie franchise will boost sales around the world.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...E4BL4UN20081223

As a side note, The Golden Compass (also directed by New Moon's director Chris Weitz) was on Sky Premiere yesterday... & I fell asleep... not sure if it was a case of too much Christmas dinner, or that the movie just didn't capture me... :P

But either way, I'll have to make sure I don't have a big meal before going to see New Moon next November. :jason:

There is an interview with Catherine Hardwicke where she goes through the extras that will be on the DVD... 12 DELETED SCENES!!! :D

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/inte...aid/9790/tcid/1

Is there going to be an extended cut or is there going to be a separate section for deleted scenes?

Catherine: A separate section for deleted scenes, because I feel like what we have in the movie is probably the right stuff.

Jackson Rathbone took a break from filming his newest movie, Dread, to talk to with Bloody Disgusting TV about his blockbuster film Twilight.

Video:

The 24-year-old actor spoke of what he hoped his life would be like post-Twilight (note: This was filmed a week before Twilight hit theaters). He shared, “I hope it’s not going to change too much. I’ve been blessed to have this film and it’s brought me a lot of other opportunities. It brought me this film [Dread], S. Darko, and The Last Airbender. Our band has been taking off. People have been paying a lot more attention to us, which is fantastic. We haven’t even finished our album so it’s kind of like ‘Wow.’ It’s a great launching point — I’m really greatful for it. But at the same time, I like the gradual career process that I’ve had. And in many ways, it’s kind of going to stay that way. I don’t want this jet rocket to stardom or anything. That element is kind of, I don’t know…â€

As a side note, The Golden Compass (also directed by New Moon's director Chris Weitz) was on Sky Premiere yesterday... & I fell asleep... not sure if it was a case of too much Christmas dinner, or that the movie just didn't capture me... :headscratch:

But either way, I'll have to make sure I don't have a big meal before going to see New Moon next November. :whistling:

I didn't like the Golden Compass at all, it completely changed the story from the book, the book is fantastic, but the film got a big thimbs down from me! I hope he doesn't change New Moon too much!

Don't tell me... Utterly senseless. I feel quite distressed. All this hysteria just spoils the fun... It's really creepy. If not for the preview and the someway soothing presence of Catherine, yesterday would have been a total disaster. I'm happy my little one had her quiet, happy moment the day before.

Anyway, photocall shots here:

http://trovacinema.repubblica.it/multimedi...008#fotogallery

I hope there will be no hysteria at the Con, everyone please be cool and chilled, so everyone can enjoy the weekend :headscratch:

"Adventureland vs. Little Ashes?

I was just browsing, trying to find out when certain films that I really, really want to see will be released when I discovered that Kristen's new film Adventureland and Rob's new film Little Ashes are both set to be released on the same day - March 27, 2009 (in the United States)

I found it funny both their movies are going to sort of "face off" on their opening weekends "

Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson isn't looking forward to reprising his blood-sucking role in the hit film's sequel New Moon - because he has to wear uncomfortable contact lenses for the part.

The British star played vampire Edward Cullen in the box office adaptation of Stephanie Meyer's cult book, and has signed a multi-million dollar deal to play the character again in the franchise's second outing in 2010.

But he is dreading preparing to shoot the new venture - because wearing his character's topaz coloured contacts is such a painful ordeal.

He tells Britain's Ok! magazine, "Wearing coloured contact lenses... It was like I constantly had sand in my eyes. I was wearing them for three months constantly and my eyes never ever accepted them! It took me 20 minutes per eye every single day and I ended up having to literally fold it into my eyeball."

And the star believes the dreaded lenses may inhibit his acting skills - because he couldn't properly portray his character's emotions due to the "two orange blobs" in his eyes.

He adds, "It was frustrating as well because normally your eyes are saying something, but if you've got two orange blobs in your face it's so annoying!

"The director (Catherine Hardwicke) would say, 'Look at her (Kristen Stewart) like you love her,' and I'd be like, 'I'm trying!' I'm going to have to do it again because we're making the sequel next year."

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0638850/

Hottie Taylor Lautner just might keep the role of Jacob Black for Twilight’s sequel, New Moon.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that the 16-year-old martial arts expert and actor may have a hold on the popular werewolf character.

Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg dished to the mag about the role: “Jacob is a totally different character in New Moon. He’s a foot taller and huge – and he’s supposed to look 25. It’s really a question of whether or not the same actor can play the role.†She also adds, “Everyone would love to keep him [Lautner]. We all think he’s the loveliest person ever.â€

Summit Entertainment is expected to make an announcement sometime this week on whether or not Taylor gets to keep playing the werewolf in New Moon. Actor Michael Copon is the top runner in taking over the role.

twilight-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson cover the DVD cover art of their blockbuster film, Twilight.

Director Catherine Hardwicke revealed to MTV recently that the DVD would include at least 12 deleted scenes — including “Midnight Sunâ€, the book which tells the story from Edward’s perspective (author Stephenie Meyer abandoned when it was prematurely leaked online).

Robert, 22, just recently dropped out of the film Parts Per Billion. His rep tells MTV, “Unfortunately, the prep time and production schedule on New Moon haven’t left enough time for Robert to work on Parts per Billion in the first quarter of this year.â€

Be sure to pre-order Twilight today!

UPDATE: The Twilight DVD will be released on March 21st!

I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.

The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.

Very best

Chris Weitz

I'd just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I'm truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he's going to bring to Jacob's character this year.

- Steph

Edited by kayleighmarie