TV Appearances, Magazine Interviews, Latest News

spikeguerajumper

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie is 2 HOURS LONG!!!!

I will need to sit still while I watch.. Ed.. the movie.. for that long?.. yeah.. they hyperventilating bags are coming out.. :dance:

Oooooh, that is good news imo. Must mean they are putting most of the book into it - YAY!!!

They initially said it would be 1:30 to 1:45.. must be all those reshoots.. GREAT!

**For Rob fans.. this is like heaven**:

He called after the How To Be Screening in New Orleans.. and here's what he had to say..

(pay close attention, sometimes it's hard to understand)

Here's what he's saying in it.. according to one of the lucky fans in attendance:

When Rob said "hello" there was a little trill of excited screams that went through the crowd, but for the most part, people contained themselves, lol.

Rob said he was calling from his car, stuck in traffic in LA, as he was running late after just having left work (filming a new project, I guess??) He talked about how he got involved in the project, how he loved the script.

When asked what the difference was in making How to Be vs. a Harry Potter or a Twilight, Rob said there really wasn't much difference for him as far as how he approaches the role, although with the big money pictures, there is a bit more pressure for him.

When asked about how he felt about all of the accolades he's been receiving as of late, he was, as ever humble & gracious about it & he said that in a way, it's better when people are trashing you because then he feels more confident in himself, as if he has something to prove.

When asked what aspects of his career thus far he was most proud of, he said not one thing in particular, but bits & pieces from everything he'd done.

When asked about improvisation in the film, Rob mentioned that the scene in the pub (his favorite scene in the film) was completely improvised. That the 3 actors got drunk & just went at it. He said hours & hours of it were filmed & he hopes some of it makes it to the DVD. He said he had the hardest time keeping a straight face during that scene.

When asked about his tendency to pick quirkier roles, he admitted that his selection process in so far as getting a job is audition for everything & whatever job he's hired for, he'll do (laughing really hard & loud as he said this).

When asked what his favorite role he'd filmed so far had been, he hemmed & hawed until Mike (his co-star) said, "Say "How to Be" OBVIOUSLY!" and Rob, once again, was cracking up laughing.

When asked to answer the question his character was asked in the film, ie, what makes him happy, he uhhh'ed & ummmmmm'ed for awhile until finally he said music makes him happy, and then he uhhh'ed & ummmme'd some more and said that it makes him happy to see other people happy (cue the audience going "aaaawwww." His co-star Mike then made fun of him, repeating Rob's answer as his own, and then Rob, laughing, said he has a difficult time being happy.

When it came time to say goodbye, the host said he didn't want to keep him too long and Rob said that he was still stuck in traffic & he was delighted to have us to talk to, as his radio had stopped working & we were his source of entertainment for the evening.

He also said that he wasn't exactly sure WHERE he was calling & when he was told New Orleans, he said, "New Orleans? Damnit, I wanted to be there!!" and of course, the audience all started screaming.

And that was it. He was just completely adorable on the phone.

NEW MTV BLOG! Twilight: The movie run time!!!

As far as news goes, this posting isn't about quantity so much as quality. Today, the studio behind "Twilight" has announced the film's official runtime, and it is three numbers that should bring a smile to the face of Stephenie Meyer's loyal fans: 120 minutes.

At various points during the film's development, many have speculated that Catherine Hardwicke's movie would run between 90 and 100 minutes, a typical length for most teen-oriented films. Since Meyer's novel stands it at about 500 pages, concerns had naturally been raised over which beloved moments would need to be cut.

For the full article, http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/10/13/twili...-to-get-bitten/

Summit readying New Moon?!

Wow! Summit Readying 'Twilight' Sequel

When your soundtrack isn't even completed much less released (not until November 4th), yet it's already in the Top 5 Best-Selling Albums on Amazon based on pre-sales alone, you know you have a hit. When Borders makes an exclusive calendar and sells out the first printing in a matter of days, you know you have a hit. And when the new trailer to your movie surpasses 3.5 million views less than 48 hours after its online debut, you know you have a hit. Which is why Summit Entertainment's CEO Rob Friedman is already readying a Twilight sequel -- even though the vampire tween/tween movie isn't set for release until November 21st which is the date vacated by Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince. Oh, and did I mention that Twilight has the fastest selling licensed merchandise since -- you guessed it -- Harry Potter?

But the comparison with Harry Potter ends at cost: Twilight came in at only a $37 million negative cost. This notion of a low-cost blockbuster for a start-up studio just doesn't happen often in the film biz. So if the movie lives up to the advance hype, Summit will be sitting on a big new franchise. How big? Well, the new Twilight trailer played with Quarantine this weekend and as soon as the title came up, a chorus of high-pitched screams of joy emanated from the women in the audience in one Southern California theater. Only to be properly drowned out by a loud chorus of male boos. It's conventional wisdom that boys won't go because there's not enough gory fang action. But Summit is also marketing to an online contingent called Twilight Moms because of the chaste love story set in the picturesque locale of Oregon and directed by thirteen's Catherine Hardwicke. Still, I think Summit is lowballing by hoping for a $20M North American opening weekend from 3,500+ venues.

Like Potter, Twilight has a built-in audience of book fans with, a total 7.5 million domestic sales for all four Stephanie Meyer novels in the series which was a New York Times #1 bestseller for 59 weeks. Not to mention big sales overseas like Italy, Germany and the UK. That's one reason Twilight is opening day and date in 10 territories, including the U.S.

Summit may spend in the high $30sM for P&A. That's a bargain consider skyrocketing marketing costs in the movie biz. That's because indies these days must spend more efficiently than studios by not just attracting long lines at Comic-Con but almost solely relying on My Space and other social networks instead of costly TV ads. Look, for example, at how Summit rolled out the new trailer. First, Nancy Kirkpatrick (one of the best in the biz) heightened fan anticipation by creating a countdown clock to the widget. Then came the trailer's free debut on Entertainment Tonight. That night, Summit gave fans a special opportunity to see it online first as a way of thanking them for their support. The trailer was streamed through Twilight's widget from 8 PM to 9 PM for fans, then debuted for the general audience in HD on MySpace Trailer Park at 9 PM. The result: 2 million views in the first 24 hours on MySpace alone and 3.5 million views in cyberspace within the first 48 hours.

These next few weeks are gonna be media blitz galore everyone.. so come post what you find here and in the picture thread!

First Up, Rob at the Austin Film Festival this weekend, Then he's getting that New Hollywood Award .. right before he heads off to Rome with Kristen.

He gets back and does the U.S. Promotional tour.. in Dallas ,San Francisco, Chicago, etc..(other stars will go to other places)

You get the idea.. it will be pics and info overload.. so keep your eyes and ears open and post away!!

Rob at the Austin Film Festival for the "How to Be" screening last night

http://robpattinson.blogspot.com/

And you've gotta read this report from a fan who was there:

"Black jeans, blue button down shirt with a grey tshirt underneath it. SEX HAIR GALORE. Black beanie in back pocket. Black doc martins. He is even more gorgeous in person and I am not kidding. Seriously, he is beautiful.

He was sooo nervous at first when he walked into the theater for the Q&A. He was blushing and just looked so nervous. He eventually got over it. The audience only got to ask like 4 questions and right now I am having a hard time remembering what they were. The best moment for me was when a little girl named Mia (she was the ONLY little girl there and she was just adorable, maybe 10 years old? and she was the official counter all day- counting people in line for the AFF.. we all just loved her)got to ask for first question. They said who has a question, and everyone was shouting Mia, Mia, because everyone wanted her to ask her question. She asked if Rob would sing to us ( I think he said she would just be dissapointed? someone can correct that if I am wrong.. I WAS DAZZLED..it is so hard to remember what he said!) She then asked for a hug, and everyone was look please do it Rob, she is the youngest one here. So he said OK, and she walked up and she just started crying. He was so confused, but he hugged her a lot and kept asking her if she was OK. He said you can just stay up here with us.. he felt so bad that she was crying. She did go sit back down though. It was a sweet moment for the little girl, but I did feel a bit bad for Rob because he was just so baffled by it I think.

I KNOW this is not making any sense.. I am sorry! There will be a ton of pictures online.. Rob and Oliver were doing autographs when I left (I HAD TO COME TO WORK) But milehighclub was staying for the autographs and hopefully a picture. Plus they had professional photographers in the theater. They told all of us if we took a picture in the theater they would remove us, so no one in my group dared try. But I bet it was allowed for the autograph section."

AW! WOW! What a sweetheart Rob is!

I wish I would have been there.. :P

Rob at the Austin Film Festival for the "How to Be" screening last night

http://robpattinson.blogspot.com/

And you've gotta read this report from a fan who was there:

"Black jeans, blue button down shirt with a grey tshirt underneath it. SEX HAIR GALORE. Black beanie in back pocket. Black doc martins. He is even more gorgeous in person and I am not kidding. Seriously, he is beautiful.

He was sooo nervous at first when he walked into the theater for the Q&A. He was blushing and just looked so nervous. He eventually got over it. The audience only got to ask like 4 questions and right now I am having a hard time remembering what they were. The best moment for me was when a little girl named Mia (she was the ONLY little girl there and she was just adorable, maybe 10 years old? and she was the official counter all day- counting people in line for the AFF.. we all just loved her)got to ask for first question. They said who has a question, and everyone was shouting Mia, Mia, because everyone wanted her to ask her question. She asked if Rob would sing to us ( I think he said she would just be dissapointed? someone can correct that if I am wrong.. I WAS DAZZLED..it is so hard to remember what he said!) She then asked for a hug, and everyone was look please do it Rob, she is the youngest one here. So he said OK, and she walked up and she just started crying. He was so confused, but he hugged her a lot and kept asking her if she was OK. He said you can just stay up here with us.. he felt so bad that she was crying. She did go sit back down though. It was a sweet moment for the little girl, but I did feel a bit bad for Rob because he was just so baffled by it I think.

I KNOW this is not making any sense.. I am sorry! There will be a ton of pictures online.. Rob and Oliver were doing autographs when I left (I HAD TO COME TO WORK) But milehighclub was staying for the autographs and hopefully a picture. Plus they had professional photographers in the theater. They told all of us if we took a picture in the theater they would remove us, so no one in my group dared try. But I bet it was allowed for the autograph section."

AW! WOW! What a sweetheart Rob is!

I wish I would have been there.. :thumbup:

Oh Yvette, something like that and you missed it... But I guess stories like that just add to the degree of obsession, huh? :P

There wasn´t much to report from Austin, was there? I kept my eyes open until I went to bed last night.. I´m a dissapointment, I know... :P I so wanted to give you some news for once...

Lots of pics and reports today! and yes.. I hate that I wasn't there.. :P

this is what an IMDB fan posted..

"I asked him if I could touch his hair and in turn he responded "Well, it's pretty disgusting, dirty...nasty! But, if you want to!" He then leaned forward and let me do it! hahaha. So, then he started signing, and I kept running my fingers through his hair, so I commented, "I wish I could get my hair to hold this well." He then said, "No, you have absolutely beautiful hair. It smells very nice, too!" As he said this, he fluffed my hair and then winked at me! Hahaha! The girls behind me were insanely jealous, but I could not believe what had just happened. agh!

l_f8db66e7d06145189da66b89a5f64d98.jpgl_37fe8a95228a4e3bbd9d700bc3db2332.jpg

Make sure you pop in your local Watestones on Monday as the official movie companion book is out woooo!

Asked in my local one yesterday and ended up spazzing with the girl behind the desk about the movie and this con!!

xxxx

this is what an IMDB fan posted..

"I asked him if I could touch his hair and in turn he responded "Well, it's pretty disgusting, dirty...nasty! But, if you want to!" He then leaned forward and let me do it! hahaha. So, then he started signing, and I kept running my fingers through his hair, so I commented, "I wish I could get my hair to hold this well." He then said, "No,

you have absolutely beautiful hair. It smells very nice, too!" As he said this, he fluffed my hair and then winked at me! Hahaha! The girls behind me were insanely jealous, but I could not believe what had just happened. agh!

OMG ! I'll be jealous too if I had be there !

Anyway I wanted to tell that I bought a french magazine and there was pictures and articles about Twilight and Kristen Stewart. And I'm totally in love of the Kristen Stewart picture they put in the magazine. I will scan it if I had the time : ] She's sitting in a pretty dress with Converse All Star. She got the style : D

@Leanne: maybe you can scan it since I send those to you too :P

Here's an article about Ashley and her new movie role..

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Twilight-Va...kate-10639.html

see!! I "can" talk about other Twilight stars other than Rob.. haha..

Fan video of Rob signing autographs in Austin.. he has to come to the con!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEgp4mJFqBY

I´m still so keeping my fingers crossed for you, Yvette! We´ll have a huge celebration in case, alright??? I - my small meaningless self - do like that blue shirt a lot by the way. :P

Thanks Tara!

Here's Rob in Mexico promoting Twilight in a tie.. yes.. a tie.. not one of those three shirts he wears all the time! (still love you Rob)

Ohh.. and fair warning.. wear ear plugs!

Edited by bellsfromep

Next appearance, Rome Film Festival, 30th of October. 15 minutes footage preview+Q&A with Rob, Kris and Cath.

http://www.romacinemafest.it/romacinemafes...=78〈=en

To be followed by a signing session at the Melbookstore:

http://www.melbookstore.it/leggi_hot.php?id_hot=30664

(Sorry, last one only in Italian).

Tickets for the Festival event sold out in about 3 hours! Luckily I had already my pass :YAHOO:

Here's an article about Ashley and her new movie role..

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Twilight-Va...kate-10639.html

I just REALLY don't like the fact they say it's the best film of the year if you are THIRTEEN. That's just makes me want to :YAHOO: the journalist

Edited by rebecca-is-cullen-addict

I just REALLY don't like the fact they say it's the best film of the year if you are THIRTEEN. That's just makes me want to :wub: the journalist

Yeah, that annoys me too. Quite a few reviews and articles I have read say that and it bugs me.