Hi Everyone

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess most of the main A list guests won't know their work schedule until close to the actual show, as proven by a main star only just being announced elsewhere for an event happening in only a few weeks.

The only way ME can guarantee someone like Zach, Masi, Ali etc is if they leave it close to the actual date, as I believe the show will still be in production then.

It's impossible to please everyone with these type of announcements, but I do honestly believe that with the large increase in events this year, the event organisers behind these events have probably given themselves a bit to much work to do in regards to events.

By cutting down slightly on the number of events run, it means an increase in quality of the events and means more time can be devoted to booking guests, advertising etc.

Jack Coleman is very unlikely now

I think that is obvious now... I mean according to SM they were in discussions... seems like it fell through or it is taking 7 months to scribble a signature. Didn't think there were that many letters in 'J-a-c-k C-o-l-e-m-a-n'

I guess most of the main A list guests won't know their work schedule until close to the actual show, as proven by a main star only just being announced elsewhere for an event happening in only a few weeks.

The only way ME can guarantee someone like Zach, Masi, Ali etc is if they leave it close to the actual date, as I believe the show will still be in production then.

It's impossible to please everyone with these type of announcements, but I do honestly believe that with the large increase in events this year, the event organisers behind these events have probably given themselves a bit to much work to do in regards to events.

By cutting down slightly on the number of events run, it means an increase in quality of the events and means more time can be devoted to booking guests, advertising etc.

HEAR HEAR.

Could not have put it better myself.

Less is more.

Edited by elullatook

• Moderators

Regarding Jack Coleman, Jason clearly had no intention of announcing a guest for E2 when nothing was finalised. However, due to a number of people being annoyed when nothing was announced, Jason chose to come back and mention Jack. Most people took that with a pinch of salt due to nothing being finalised, and therefore if anyone REALLY saw it as a reason to book up for E2 then I'm afraid they were mistaken.

And as for the number of events - please look at LFACC. I will keep referring back to it, because it's a superb example of what happens when everything falls into place. When all the schedules DO work etc. But you know what, sometimes they don't, and cutting down the events would mean even less date options for guests to attend.

There would be absolutely no guarantees that guest list 'quality' would improve with a cutdown of events. Sure, other stuff could be managed better, but the guests? Not in my opinion.

I agree with you completely. Couldn't have said it better.

It feels like no effort has been put into this event at all so far. Where are at least the party themes or a temporary schedule?? You already have a -temporary- one for the Twilight con and that is in March!!

It will be interesting to see what you pull of in the next -looks at calendar- 6 weeks.

Regarding Jack Coleman, Jason clearly had no intention of announcing a guest for E2 when nothing was finalised. However, due to a number of people being annoyed when nothing was announced, Jason chose to come back and mention Jack. Most people took that with a pinch of salt due to nothing being finalised, and therefore if anyone REALLY saw it as a reason to book up for E2 then I'm afraid they were mistaken.

And as for the number of events - please look at LFACC. I will keep referring back to it, because it's a superb example of what happens when everything falls into place. When all the schedules DO work etc. But you know what, sometimes they don't, and cutting down the events would mean even less date options for guests to attend.

There would be absolutely no guarantees that guest list 'quality' would improve with a cutdown of events. Sure, other stuff could be managed better, but the guests? Not in my opinion.

I personally had already booked before Jason announced Jack Coleman as a possible guest. But do you think that it was a good thing to do if nothing was signed or at least close to be signed (which obviously was not the case) ? This one could really be considered as false advertisement.

But anyway, I don't need to have Masi or Ali Larter to be pleased. I just would love to know how many guests will be there and who. Heroes has many many actors so it shouldn't be too difficult to have some more guests announced now six weeks before the event. Then I could safely decide if I come or not.

Get me West and I'll be one happy bunny :smile: P !!

Tbh, I met Jack before, so I would rather have a new guest than him... so if it fell through, I'm not too fussy!

Meh, I hardly care any more, I'm just really looking forward to the break from uni!! I'm here now!! 6am till 6pm! flippin heck...

Tho party themes would be cool- Halloweed or similar would be cool (Sorta near end of oct) Cos I can re-use my costume :poki:

Yes, LFACC did work but that is ONE event...

C14 was quite quiet - ok I was happy to meet Micheal but there was not many "massive" pulls but I do understand that the set up in the MK Centre does restrict things slightly - lets see what happends next June at the Dons Stadium

We now have Midlands with about 7/8 guests and E2 in this state...

Will be an interesting few weeks

No it was cons lizzy there was a HUGE trek one in Las Vegas and he was there. He does signing as well but mostly cons so that includes talks :). Yeah I think E2 is during filming where as the other con isn't (I guess) it doesn't mean we won't get any main (look at greg) as they don't film everyday and they may have a break for thanks giving. Im gunna wait a bit longer before I start panicking again lol. Anyway 3 new guests I haven't met is pretty damn good.

I personally had already booked before Jason announced Jack Coleman as a possible guest. But do you think that it was a good thing to do if nothing was signed or at least close to be signed (which obviously was not the case) ? This one could really be considered as false advertisement.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what exactly was said. But from what I was told that my understanding was that they were negotiating with Jack. Negotiating with really isn't false advertising. That would be if Jason had announced him as a guest, and I think everbody agrees that this didn't happen.

I think everybody knows that mentioning Jack was a mistake.

Jason has never done this before. I'm thinking he got carried away that day because E1 went well and he didn't want people to leave annoyed because there was nothing announced for the next one. Never happened before, and I am pretty sure it will never happen again.

Nicely put.

I feel that there are a growing number of people who are concerned about this event and the money we have spent. I dont feel that we are being unreasonable. For myself and many other people I know, the highlight of any convention is meeting great guests, having photos with them and the talks. I for one would enjoy meeting Zac, Masi, Greg, Ali, Milo, Adrian etc right now than new characters from season 3 whose stories are just beginning. Thats the way I feel and if others tell me Im wrong for feeling that way, well, sorry.

Edited by bonogirl81

I wasn't there, so I don't know what exactly was said. But from what I was told that my understanding was that they were negotiating with Jack. Negotiating with really isn't false advertising. That would be if Jason had announced him as a guest, and I think everbody agrees that this didn't happen.

I think everybody knows that mentioning Jack was a mistake.

Jason has never done this before. I'm thinking he got carried away that day because E1 went well and he didn't want people to leave annoyed because there was nothing announced for the next one. Never happened before, and I am pretty sure it will never happen again.

Actually you are right, now we have no announcement at all ;):(

• Moderators

I feel that there are a growing number of people who are concerned about this event and the money we have spent. I dont feel that we are being unreasonable.

I don't think anyone's really saying that you're wrong per se, though I do feel some of the specifics that people are demanding are a tad unreasonable. In the end, I've paid for a Heroes convention, and as long as I get that with Heroes guests etc, I don't feel that I have any grounds for complaint. But I guess that's just me.

bonogirl, if you were referring to me, I was referring only to that one person when I said unreasonable. "Not trying" is just a flat out silly thing to say. It's fine to be concerned because the guest list isn't as quantitative as you want it to be, that's cool, but to suggest they're not even trying is what's unreasonable, IMO.

Anyway, I agree with David. I'll be a bit irritated if there's only three guests when we get there, but because there are six weeks between then and now, I won't be complaining for six weeks ;)

I would probably agree with you David if I had bought a regular ticket. But as a gold ticket owner who was told (not promised I know) that the next event would be at least as good if not bigger (and I spoke to Jason at Eclipse 1 and he said that he could have nearly everyone from the cast), it's very disappointing to see what happens with the event right now. I can't change anything to that and I can only wait. What will definitely change is that I will never buy a gold pass anymore at a Massive Events.

I know how you feel as I bought gold at Lockdown and felt disappointed as I expected more for the price I paid.

We was promised a Lockdown 2 but no news on that, but at Eclipse, it was definetly stated that talks were going well with Jack and they hoped to be able to officially announce him soon.

Jason said at C14 that there will be a lockdown 2 just working on dates. I hope they pull it off if they do I will by another ticket and bring someone with me if not i won't bother.

Thanks for that!

I'll probably be there but doubt I will buy gold for it again.

Not mentioning other events by name, but I think all the rivalry between event organisers in this country is getting out of hand. I always thought there was a gentlemans agreement that organisers wouldnt poach eachothers shows, and clearly that's not the case, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by jael001

Not mentioning other events by name, but I think all the rivalry between event organisers in this country is getting out of hand. I always thought there was a gentlemans agreement that organisers wouldnt poach eachothers shows, and clearly that's not the case, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I know, especially since I want to go to BOTH of them, but just cannot afford it!

I am sticking with Eclipse... but the other event has a great line up too..